World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Sparta - Sep. 11, 2010

Yahh i guess. I like the toys for metal fusion better because its actualy a lot about costoms (they made a whole episode on it), but i really wish theyd at least mention that there was a different type of bey way back when. Or something Smile

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - azzman182 - Sep. 11, 2010

yeah exactly i think they should mention the old beys in the new series. they should hava episode were they learn about the blade breakers and stuff. maybe even meet em.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Sep. 11, 2010

(Sep. 11, 2010  4:33 PM)azzman182 Wrote: yeah exactly i think they should mention the old beys in the new series. they should hava episode were they learn about the blade breakers and stuff. maybe even meet em.
They are two completely different universes ...

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - azzman182 - Sep. 11, 2010

are they? ohh right. i didnt know that. i havent watched the new ones yet. im starting from scratch watching em all the way from 1st series to present.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Jaems1 - Sep. 11, 2010

i like MFB's art work on the characters even the ones who aren't important (the crowds on stage) their details are very nice too!

the animation for the beyblades are very different from the second/third season of the original beyblades compared with MFB.. part of me prefers the original's 3D animation though they look abit more realistc.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - pegasis - Sep. 11, 2010

MFB is way better than the original beyblades. Although the original show is way more exiting than the MFB show. I still think tyson would beat ginga any day.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - G-Hagane - Sep. 11, 2010

BMF has something to it that makes it great but I love the original beyblade to bits, especially G-Revolution, don't get me wrong I love Ginga/Kyoya/Benkei ect. but the old gang had something special to them that made them watchable for about 154 episodes.

I might have to wait a while so I'll have watched a ton more of BMF.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - pegasis - Sep. 11, 2010

I know what you mean G-hagane.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - genbbladelovr - Sep. 11, 2010

G- Revolution, best by far, even though I never got to see the end

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Gearfried97 - Sep. 11, 2010

i prefer BMF to the other ones. IDK why... i just do... dont judge me Tongue_out

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - bbgoldflame - Sep. 11, 2010

(Sep. 11, 2010  8:20 PM)G-Hagane Wrote: BMF has something to it that makes it great but I love the original beyblade to bits, especially G-Revolution, don't get me wrong I love Ginga/Kyoya/Benkei ect. but the old gang had something special to them that made them watchable for about 154 episodes.

I definitely agree. Bakuten was awesome and its characters possessed that special quality (MFB's cast is fairly close to that too but I reckon the previous one will always appeal to me more) which made us want to see their journey all the way to the end. Despite the English dub being not as good, I found their voices to be quite pleasing to the ear unlike those of the Metal Fusion one. Metal Fight's seiyuus are much better and they are what make the new Beyblade anime series worthwhile.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - misquared - Sep. 24, 2010

(Sep. 11, 2010  7:27 PM)pegasis Wrote: MFB is way better than the original beyblades. Although the original show is way more exiting than the MFB show. I still think tyson would beat ginga any day.

(Sep. 11, 2010  8:20 PM)G-Hagane Wrote: BMF has something to it that makes it great but I love the original beyblade to bits, especially G-Revolution, don't get me wrong I love Ginga/Kyoya/Benkei ect. but the old gang had something special to them that made them watchable for about 154 episodes.

Ditto these
Though I came to accept that the two are both very different and in different universes
I still kinda prefer the story of the old one, BUT the Beyblades of MFB
If you align tv screens of animes and put the old beyblade in one, it would stand out (along with dragon ball and pokemon etc)
In my opinion, MFB doesn't really stand out much... it's like any other modern kids anime
But still a good watch

(Sep. 11, 2010  9:51 PM)genbbladelovr Wrote: G- Revolution, best by far, even though I never got to see the end

Youtube or download

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - LeonTempest - Sep. 24, 2010

The MFB anime is...how do i put this delicatly...carp. Yes the beyblade fights are interesting but tje voice acting is just horrible amd the story plot is cheasy and can get annoying. There is only so many times i can listen to some kids with really high voices talk about how the beybladers spirit is the most important. It is time for my brutaly honest review

Beyblade MFB Review
"Let it rip!" is the classic beyblade line that just makes you wanna play with your old sinning tops agian. Thanks to the new and improved MFB toys, the Beyblade Metal Fusion anime was made. But no, this has nothing to do with Tyson or the Bladebreakers. No this time around, you have some of the cheasiest, cliche, and annoying characters possible

In this entirly seperate but parrelel universe to the original Beyblade series', you follow the story of Ginga Hagane, a teenage boy who travels the country beyblading after hid fathers death. His ultomate goal is to dedeat Ldrago, the bey that basicly killed his father. Sounds interesting eh? Hahaha! WRONG

Along the wat you meat some friends. Kenta, is thisblittle boy who literaly stalks Ginga. He never shuts up about friendship and honestly, everytime something doesnt go as planned, he looks like he is going to cry. Baby

Then, you have Benkei. I sware, When I was watching the English Dub, this guy either had terres or they were trying to stop him from saying "bull $#^+" repeatidly.(in the japanese he sounds just as bad) He neer stops saying "Bull" over and over agian. This guy is also a stalker, he never leaves Koya alone

Koya is...wait for it... a stereotypical anime tough guy with spiky hair?! shocking. he pretty much reminds me of some kind if troubled teen who cant make up his mind on who or what he hates, and on occasion, will totally snap to achieve his goals. What I find annouing are the grunt noises he consantly makes. I get that he is supposed to be like a lion, but 5 minutes of "arg! rrr! hmm! rrr!" with nothing else is just annoying

And then there is Ginga, your stereotypical spikey haired anime goody2shoes. So many surprises in thus review! Anyway, he never stops talking about bey soirit and how winning isnt important. Hello!? you are the hero! Winning isnt important because you win anyway!

In addition to somewhat irritating characters, the voice acting in the dub is horrible, and the japanese is just as bad. The only decent thing I recomend about the show is the plot-line, however it seems that beyblade runs people's lives. Like if you lose a battle, its like your mom just died ir somethong in some of the more serious scenes. I mean they are just spinning tops, not the key to succsess. On top of all this, the humor in the show, how uncommon it is, is dry and unapealing.

This was definatly geared for kids 8 and under. This show had potential to work for older kids too, but sadly thatvwas ignored Being 15, I have no choice but to give this anime a 2/5

Benkei-"Bull, Bull BULL!"

The anime may be bad, but the MFB toys are fun and heared for all ages. Watch out for my next post on this thread, where I will review the original Beyblade Series' and dont worry guys, you are gonna like what I have to say

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Sep. 27, 2010

You have a lot of time on your hands, dont'cha?

If the MFB anime is carp, then the original is an uglier, smellier and all around stupider carp. The characters in the original were also extremely cheesy and cliché. They had virtually no character developpment, but that's fine, it's a kid show. Even worse: It's a kid's show meant to sell toys. While they are certainly trying to make a good product, their main objective is and will always be to sell the spinning tops. Nothing more. The characters in MFB undergo changes, something that was very, very rare in all three seasons of the original.

As for the dubbing, I agree that's it's bad, but it's (In my opinion, of course) much, MUCH better than the original. The original Japanese voice acting is hardcore, both in Bakuten Shoot and MFB.

But hey, that's just my hat that I'm throwing out there.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - LeonTempest - Sep. 27, 2010

actualy, took me about 5 mins to write. i actualy dont have alot of free time lol

you have a point about the cliche's in the original...i dont know...guess im a sucker for the old series...though then agian, the voice acting wasnt as terrible as the new series

i wont write reviews (lazy) for the original Beyblade series', but i will say that Beyblade gets a 3.5/5, Vforce gets a 4/5, and Grevolution i wont give b/c i havent watched most of it yet

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - misquared - Sep. 27, 2010

Cheesy and cliche is a reflection of the time/generation of the old one
Remember that as time goes on, plot and characters of cartoons become more in-depth
Think Disney... from Snow White to Frog Princess
There's more character development and is more comprehensive

So each series fits its own audience

For MFB, they're expecting older audiences (fans of the old one, perhaps?)
So they transformed it from Barney the Dinosaur to Power Rangers

Also, given modern-day animes, the show has to "catch up"

...Hope I made my point XD

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - INFINITYDRANZER - Sep. 27, 2010

I like the original better. No more, No less.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - DiZ0X - Sep. 29, 2010

Personally, I like the original Beyblade Series much better. I was a classic fan of Beyblade when I was a kid, and stopped watching when it got to the HMS part in G-Revolution. I only got back to watch the rematch between Kai and Brooklyn, and the finale. After that, Beyblade just blanked out for me, and it was practically forgotten about completely. (My parents even threw out my whole 2 garbage bags full of Beyblades) Being 17 now, only a little while ago I heard there was a new series called "Metal Fusion" (Yeah, I heard first from the dub), and nostalgia really ticked in the back of my mind. So when my younger cousin was watching it one time, I tried watching it, and a few more episodes, but I honestly didn't like it. Call me a fanboy but it's not at all reminiscent to the old series. In G-Revolution they "fought" for the world to be free so that others of the future could enjoy Beyblading. At least they could have picked it up from there and mention the veterans of the old series.

So yeah, due to the new series, I got back into the original series, watched all 3 seasons. I can say I enjoyed G-Revolution and the 2001 series better, but V-Force, is meh.

So those are my thoughts. The "Bladebreakers" set the template for Beyblading in the old series, and with the HMS system (which is where MFB developed I'm presuming), So they could have given a nod to them.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - clyde2009 - Sep. 29, 2010

Old bbs are good I will take u all

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - DiZ0X - Sep. 30, 2010

^ What?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Oct. 01, 2010

(Sep. 30, 2010  11:18 PM)DiZ0X Wrote: ^ What?

I think he said that the original is better.

Furthermore, "I will take u all" probably means that he thinks he can beat all of us, which is most likely impossible

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Blad3r X - Oct. 01, 2010

The Original Had WAY better action......G-revoultion FTW....!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2010

(Oct. 01, 2010  3:23 AM)Blad3r X Wrote: The Original Had WAY better action......G-revoultion FTW....!
... You have clearly not seen all the episodes of Metal Fight Beyblade.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Blad3r X - Oct. 01, 2010

"... You have clearly not seen all the episodes of Metal Fight Beyblade. "

I gave up on MF, After the first episode, then that one when The crab dude beat benkei and lost to genka. so no i havnt really. could you name a good episode? i'll look it up and watch it.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2010

Well, you could look at the threads we have for each episode. If you want one directly, then look at some of Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion episodes.