World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers... heard of it? (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-heard-of-it)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Bey Brad - Aug. 11, 2009

The problem with using a curved stadium is that it seriously decreases the amount of control you can get.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - theflightyellz - Aug. 11, 2009

I can imagine that being a problem, but you should still be able to get the striker to move up and down the bank, which would be a very useful trait for attackers to have.

Yeah, it's possible a very slight curvature could work. I remember we played in the Attack BeyStadium and it was just a mess, though.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 11, 2009

The controlling feature is something I really want to experiment with. I remember when using the Magnacore thing that went under the Beystadiums, it usually would mess with the Blades endurence. I wonder if it will be the same. From Battle Videos I have seen of the Strikers, they appear to go off balance when the magnet is being used to control it.

And you were right Brad, Skullor is pretty sick.

(Aug. 11, 2009  2:14 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: From Battle Videos I have seen of the Strikers, they appear to go off balance when the magnet is being used to control it.

That isn't the case at all; you can actually use the magnet to stabilize it when it is wobbling.

(Aug. 11, 2009  12:16 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: The main problem for me with them is the aesthetics of them.
Each core looks identical from above, other than a color and sticker change and they just aren't interesting enough compared to the heavily detailed attack and defense parts.
I know the reasoning behind the identical cores is for Striker stacking, but still, there really should be something about them that's more individual, and aestheticaly pleasing.

The reason the cores look the same is because they have to be the same. They contain the magnets that attach to the shooter.

(Aug. 11, 2009  2:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That isn't the case at all; you can actually use the magnet to stabilize it when it is wobbling.

Ah, most of the videos were of younger kids playing, and they tended to hit the Striker with the magnet, so ill try it myself. Seems like it will take some practice to get good at controlling.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Takamura - Aug. 11, 2009

Hey Brad, mind if you bring em to the tourney on the 22nd to show everyone xD? They look awesome.. Pretty colors Grin

(Aug. 11, 2009  9:21 AM)Takamura Wrote: Hey Brad, mind if you bring em to the tourney on the 22nd to show everyone xD? They look awesome.. Pretty colors Grin

Haha, sure.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Minion - Aug. 11, 2009

I've mostly been using an old hasbro Vortex stadium, it's the closest to flat I could get while still being "stadium" material. Playing on a cardboard box lid doesn't work so well, and anything surface without a wall is just too big an arena.

I'm kind of surprised that there isn't any top with an attack ring similar to voltaic ape.

(Aug. 10, 2009  4:48 AM)Spinster Wrote: So, I was really disappointed today. Blue and I went down to Manhattan Square Park here in Rochester for the Turbo Tour event (as was posted on the Battle Striker's website). We waited around the park off and on from Noon until about 5 PM. We stepped out from about 2-3:30, but I don't think we would have wholly missed it in a window that small. The van never showed up. I suspect the event was canceled due to rain, but it would have been nice to see some sort of announcement about that on the website or something.

Quote:Manahattan Square, Rochester Parks/Rec, Rochster , NY

Posted: :2009-08-09
dragonblaze
Turbo Tour Operator

Hey guys!

We're in the city birthplace of Xerox! ... so where are we? I'll give you guys a minute...

You guys got it yet?

We're in Rochester NY!

We woke up this morning to the sound of landing planes... because we're close to the Rochester International Airport.

So we got up to get ready to go find some Battle Strikers ooponents. As we got out to the van we saw some drops falling from the sky. We thought that maybe the rain would subside. So off to Manhattan Square we went!

But...

The rain got heavier and heavier ... and well then there was some lightning... and thunder... and well there were no kids.

We thought that the rain would die down... it did but then it picked up again. Argh...

There will be no Battle Striking today.

BUT...

The employees at the front desk of our hotel were intrigued by our van. We showed them and they had a lot of fun!

Off we go now... to the Chicken Wings capital of the world... I'll let you guys guess where we'll be next...

-Laurent and Rob

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Galaxxy - Aug. 11, 2009

(Aug. 10, 2009  9:58 PM)Kei Wrote: MFB isn't that much different; the designs are much more subtle than previous generations.

Yeah but they can justify it.
They can beat most PLASTICS and HMS.
Unlike BS they have nasty shapes and can't justify it with good battles because they only Spin for 15 after being hit seconds anyway.

I need to get one of the arens for the strikers, its very challenging to try and control them in a BeyStadium.

Quick question, does Wal-Mart sell Battle Strikers?

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Aqua - Aug. 11, 2009

(Aug. 11, 2009  9:03 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: Quick question, does Wal-Mart sell Battle Strikers?

Yeah. Toys R Us, Walmart, etc sell Battle Strikers.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Spinster - Aug. 11, 2009

Argh, super weak... it wasn't raining that hard!

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - firekid115 - Aug. 12, 2009

this actaully looks....pretty freakin cool, i think i might pick up a few and try to get my freinds into it

brad, do you know which ones are good or not?

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Bey Brad - Aug. 12, 2009

(Aug. 12, 2009  1:00 AM)firekid115 Wrote: this actaully looks....pretty freakin cool, i think i might pick up a few and try to get my freinds into it

brad, do you know which ones are good or not?

imo skullor is by far the strongest

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - firekid115 - Aug. 12, 2009

"Skullor" is also is a crazy super awesome name, im gonna pick it up on thursday hopefully.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Minion - Aug. 12, 2009

(Aug. 11, 2009  10:38 PM)Spinster Wrote: Argh, super weak... it wasn't raining that hard!

Apparently there were tornado warnings and flash floods in the upstate NY area (not necessarily Rochester, but closer to Buffalo) Chocked_2 We never even made it to the corn festival. Tim has never missed one. It was all kind of tragic Unhappy

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Dirge - Aug. 12, 2009

ive seen videos of these they just seem slow not my kinda thing

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Minion - Aug. 12, 2009

(Aug. 12, 2009  4:14 AM)heero yuy Wrote: ive seen videos of these they just seem slow not my kinda thing

They're not slow. The battles are short because they are large, and made of rubber.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Dirge - Aug. 12, 2009

i ment slow like compared to like attack beyblades but battle strickers are a compeletly diffrent thing it just doesnt look as exciting

(Aug. 12, 2009  5:36 AM)heero yuy Wrote: i ment slow like compared to like attack beyblades but battle strickers are a compeletly diffrent thing it just doesnt look as exciting

Again, this game is in its infancy ... if you look at Polta and Spin Dragoon, those Beyblades were not very exciting, either. I can guarantee there is a lot of cool stuff coming. Unfortunately, I can't say any more than that, but you'll just have to trust that I never would've signed on if I didn't think there was potential Wink

I've been having a lot of fun playing with these lately. One thing I did just notice is that the stadium is actually not flat; just a very, very light curve. However, playing with them in a Beyblade stadium is completely no fun at all because they're impossible to get a "lock" on.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 12, 2009

My friend is about to buy the tournament set that includes Mauler and Turbine. It comes with an Arena so im looking forward to that.

Didnt you say that Tank was pretty good as well?
I am trying to pick out the next ones I should get.
I am also considering Nautilus and Supercharge.

Only thing i am not too crazy about is the launcher, but it is unique, I just think that if there was some sort of cord, similiar to a rip cord, but not the same, I think it would effect how long the battles last. I drew up something I would like to see, it consists of the same way to launch(aligning the magnets), but with a cord to launch.

I am enjoying them however, I am very much looking forward to the cool stuff you say is coming out soon Brad.

The shooter has grown on me. Because you're both controlling your tops in an almost flat arena, the focus is on the battle. In Beyblade, since you can't control your top, all the focus is on the shot. Plus, Strikers actually spin faster than MFB do, and a lot of it is to do with the shooter. It shoots at 6000 RPM. Using the Light Launcher, MFB spin at 4500 RPM.

RE: Battle Strikers... heard of it? - Kai Hiwatari - Aug. 12, 2009

Wow, I had no clue about MFB, I have yet to get my hands on one and as far as the Strikers going that fast, it really does not seem like that, but this was compared to a plastic Beyblade so, im not exactly sure how fast they tend to spin either. Im sure with a little more use I will learn to like it myself.