World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Ridiculous School Rules - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Ridiculous School Rules (/Thread-Ridiculous-School-Rules)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Hazel - Nov. 07, 2011

Writing the Dictionary is actually a very common punishment in many schools I have attended. You're often given an entire section of it to write when you're sent to detention and such.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Firelord500 - Nov. 07, 2011

Hey,

In my Middle School, they let us play Beyblade during Lunch on the tables in the School Cafeteria. They've banned Beyblades now because some people started to steal them. I don't like " the athletes who think they're cool ".

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Janstarblast - Nov. 07, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  5:26 AM)Hazel Wrote: Writing the Dictionary is actually a very common punishment in many schools I have attended. You're often given an entire section of it to write when you're sent to detention and such.

Really?! It seems like my school is quite liberal in that sense. I mean, its suitable for boys, but girls get devastated. Punishments include- Push-Ups/Crunches/Sit-Ups. If you get tired with this, run around the school playground 5 times. Or, if the teacher is merciful, simply stand outside the class... We have a remark system. If you do something wrong(misbehavior/late submissions) , you get a remark in your journal. If you get 3 remarks, your parents will be called. Tongue_out
I've never been punished, though!

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - tNBlader - Nov. 07, 2011

NO beyblades
THATS JUST CRAZY!

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Vulcan Blaze - Nov. 07, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  5:36 AM)Firelord500 Wrote: Hey,

In my Middle School, they let us play Beyblade during Lunch on the tables in the School Cafeteria. They've banned Beyblades now because some people started to steal them. I don't like " the athletes who think they're cool ".

Our teachers would kill us if we did that. Plus it is not a good idea to do that.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - AeroRespawn - Nov. 08, 2011

I wish my school would really crack down on the no sagging rule. I mean, YEESH just don't wear pants if you're going to sag. XP

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Janstarblast - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  7:29 AM)tNBlader Wrote: NO beyblades
THATS JUST CRAZY!

Whoa! You speak as if someone just asked you to go to school without your pants...
Its seriously not THAT big a deal if a certain school doesn't allow beys. Reacting like that to such an obvious rule.... [copy-paste] THATS JUST CRAZY! [/copy-paste]

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Mickey - Nov. 09, 2011

You're not allowed to wear those bracelets about breast cancer (not going to say the name because some kids on here will giggle). I don't get this rule. I know the name sounds straightforward at first, and people who don't pay attention to the media get the wrong idea, but, if you do some research, the money that you've paid for the bracelets goes to research towards breast cancer. I've heard stories of people that got suspended, but why would you get in trouble for supporting a cause?

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Nano - Nov. 09, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  2:57 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote: You're not allowed to wear those bracelets about breast cancer (not going to say the name because some kids on here will giggle). I don't get this rule. I know the name sounds straightforward at first, and people who don't pay attention to the media get the wrong idea, but, if you do some research, the money that you've paid for the bracelets goes to research towards breast cancer. I've heard stories of people that got suspended, but why would you get in trouble for supporting a cause?

My school doesn't even care about what most people wear...
I've seen so many of those bracelets though. I want one, hah.

As long as you're covered for the most part, you're fine!

At lunch, we can't eat in the South halls because of classes.
Some teachers don't mind us doing that at all, as you must go around a corner to reach the halls with classes.
Whenever I'm with my group of friends in the South hall, I say hello to the security guard, and he doesn't even care. He just says no food Uncertain
But there's this one lady that always forces us back to the middle of the school. She says for us to go the the north halls, as classes aren't going on.
HOWEVER, teachers then say to go to the middle if you're in the North...

THIS IS MADNESS!
Uncertain

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - sum 472 - Nov. 09, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  4:30 AM)Breaker Wrote: My school rules suck!
1. No dancing in hallways
2 No yelling during thunder storms
3 no starting groups ( of guys) to sing " Its Raining Men"
4 No singing "Its Raining Men"
5 No spraying of Axe body spray ANYWHERE
6 Men can't have any type of bag during school

What's up with this 'raining men' thing is it because it supports Yaoi. I don't get the bag thing or yelling in Thunder Storms.
Nano, your school's rules are the bomb.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Synth - Nov. 09, 2011

Well, we got this Big Inspection thing, which required us to have our stuff checked. normally, if you have a Phone It's a WW or even a VR. but in here, they give you a chance by surrendering your phone, and you get nothing! not even a warning!(and sometimes, if you're lucky enough, they'll give you plus points on Exams!). You can get it back in dismissal.

yeah, most schools here in the Philippines wont allow you to bring phones. I guess it's because of it's distracting, and the school will get blamed when the students lost their phones.

The next rule is a bit "the Hell-?":
If there is a storm,you will be dismissed after Lunch or recess. main reason that we think of? It's because the food in the canteen will be wasted

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - blah - Nov. 09, 2011

1. We can't use electronic devices inside buildings but we can once we're a millimetre outside.
2. We have uniform and we always have to have our shirts tucked in, even on 10000 degree days.

That is all (although I'll probably think of more later on).

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Shika blade - Nov. 09, 2011

No.1 is understandable, but number two? I know you live in australia, must sizzling hot!

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - ElevatorMadness - Nov. 09, 2011

Hang on, journal with rules beside me:
1) No running in the corridor (Like I obey that...)
2) If you don't report damage from your locker that someone else done, you get the blame (WTF?)
3) You can't go home without permission. (Really?)
4) If you miss detention, you're suspended. (Why not make them do the detention a different day?)

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - AtomicFangâ„¢ - Nov. 09, 2011

(May. 05, 2011  6:00 AM)Nano Wrote: We can't have Smarties or rubber bands at my school.
Smarties: Kids "smoking" them. But the school got on the news!

Rubber bands: People were making paper stingers and shooting people.

I know,I saw these girls in my 4th period,Im like...Wtf? Why are you freaking coughing up that.They're like(girls)Gasph Its just Candy(smarties) Smashed up..
Im like WTF? Get a life,Your not gonna get high on smarties little kids.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Ga' - Nov. 11, 2011

Well, those stingers hurt like hell. I got hit by 2 at the same time, and it burned. But completely banning rubber bands is a bit odd, how about warning and then detentions?

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Temporal - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  8:24 AM)sum 472 Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2011  4:30 AM)Breaker Wrote: My school rules suck!
1. No dancing in hallways
2 No yelling during thunder storms
3 no starting groups ( of guys) to sing " Its Raining Men"
4 No singing "Its Raining Men"
5 No spraying of Axe body spray ANYWHERE
6 Men can't have any type of bag during school

What's up with this 'raining men' thing is it because it supports Yaoi. I don't get the bag thing or yelling in Thunder Storms.
Nano, your school's rules are the bomb.

Well, it's likely because it would cause a major commotion among students. Some kids got Saturday Detentions for doing just that at my school. Suckers. As for bags, men normally carry backpacks in the way of bags, not purses. So, in that sense, it is kinda clunky, and is a pretty common rule. My school needs to enforce the rules better. They say no junk food. I've never brought any. Yet nobody mentions this one girl who brings fried chicken and potato chips for BREAKFAST TO EAT IN CLASS. Yeah, stupid.

And our school is kinda dumb with the honor roll. I had good grades. I really did. I had the 3.0 GPA I needed, but I got a C in one class that is a requirement for honor roll. (Called A Disciplined Life? Why such a useless class?) I had a 79%. This other girl made honor roll with a 90% in said class, but was suspended twice, so by school rules, she shouldn't have made the list. (Suspensions drop your ADL grade by 30% each.) She gets kicked out literally every day, and the school claims that the teachers cannot hold her responsible for her missing assignments because she got kicked out. Stupid. Frankly, it's because the Assistant Principal hasn't figured out the the word "Assistant" is in her title.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Nano - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  1:20 PM)blah Wrote: 1. We can't use electronic devices inside buildings but we can once we're a millimetre outside.

We're aloud to use electronics in the halls, and at lunch.
In some classes, you can use your phone for a calculator. You can also listen to music in some classes.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Hammer Hades - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  7:46 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2011  1:20 PM)blah Wrote: 1. We can't use electronic devices inside buildings but we can once we're a millimetre outside.

In some classes, you can use your phone for a calculator. You can also listen to music in some classes.
same some of my teachers let us do EXACTLY the same things but we are starting a school crackdown on this, we have had various crackdowns over the years

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Annoying-Fork - Nov. 11, 2011

When it comes to cell phones in Texas Schools, the media had definitely scared them straight into cracking down. When I was a junior this was becoming less and less common. Lunch was practically a loophole in guidelines.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Janstarblast - Nov. 12, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  1:12 PM)DeX Wrote: Well, we got this Big Inspection thing, which required us to have our stuff checked. normally, if you have a Phone It's a WW or even a VR. but in here, they give you a chance by surrendering your phone, and you get nothing! not even a warning!(and sometimes, if you're lucky enough, they'll give you plus points on Exams!). You can get it back in dismissal.

yeah, most schools here in the Philippines wont allow you to bring phones. I guess it's because of it's distracting, and the school will get blamed when the students lost their phones.

If there is a storm,you will be dismissed after Lunch or recess. main reason that we think of? It's because the food in the canteen will be wasted

Our phones/electronic gadgets get confiscated if we bring them to school... They are returned to you only after the academic year ends... :\
One must have a solid reason to bring a phone to school. AFAIK, only 1 guy in the whole school has permission to bring a phone....
But we still bring phones to school. We have tried everything. Hiding a phone in a folder, hiding it underneath the teacher's table, etc. The most famous, effective (and dangerous) way of hiding our phones is- Keeping it on the outer end of the window sill and closing the window....

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - Benjohadi - Nov. 12, 2011

(Nov. 12, 2011  3:44 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2011  1:12 PM)DeX Wrote: Well, we got this Big Inspection thing, which required us to have our stuff checked. normally, if you have a Phone It's a WW or even a VR. but in here, they give you a chance by surrendering your phone, and you get nothing! not even a warning!(and sometimes, if you're lucky enough, they'll give you plus points on Exams!). You can get it back in dismissal.

Our phones/electronic gadgets get confiscated if we bring them to school... They are returned to you only after the academic year ends... :\
One must have a solid reason to bring a phone to school. AFAIK, only 1 guy in the whole school has permission to bring a phone....
But we still bring phones to school. We have tried everything. Hiding a phone in a folder, hiding it underneath the teacher's table, etc. The most famous, effective (and dangerous) way of hiding our phones is- Keeping it on the outer end of the window sill and closing the window....

i would even put my phone in my underwear if there happen to be a spotcheck..that happen before i knew radiation from cellphone may cause cancer..XD

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - BeyStrike - Nov. 13, 2011

(Nov. 12, 2011  3:44 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Our phones/electronic gadgets get confiscated if we bring them to school... They are returned to you only after the academic year ends... :\
I tried to hide my phone inside my shoes, and later we had to change our shoes for soccer (I am a player of the school under-14 team),I nearly got caught, but my socks fell over it, and It escaped.I used the same way for Beyblades (We are not allowed to bring beyblades ... the way works, but it is painful as sometimes the bottom pricks you).

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - OneWingedAngel - Nov. 22, 2011

(Nov. 12, 2011  3:44 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

My school only allows phones if you catch the bus and/or walk home, so you tell your parents you're coming home or something... I like my school, just hate the bullying issues... Anger management issues always land me in trouble.

RE: Ridiculous School Rules - sum 472 - Nov. 22, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  7:46 AM)Nano Wrote:

My art teacher occasionally puts the radio on while we're working.
Our Japanese class was replaced with Indonesian!!!