World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? (/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Odin - Sep. 18, 2011

(Sep. 18, 2011  8:24 PM)Ahmir Wrote: Well, how about this. Each year 8 teams of 4 will gather in one particular state to battle. They'll preform the traditional 2/3 situation. 2 teams will be left, and I think how you know that ends! We should bring the anime to life!

Who decides the teams that compete? Who's on the teams? Which state? Who pays for the people to get there? Where would they battle in any state? There are just too many variables for this to work.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Ahmir - Sep. 18, 2011

The community of WBO should vote a director of the organization. Whoever wants to enter shall form a team and send in an entry to the director, then they shall meet up in "a state" (the states will be decided in a percentage test), all teams will battle the traditional way. 10 teams will be randomly selected based on they're experience, BeyPoints, and so on. The competition will be held in a local park, also, the WBO shouldn't pay for them to get there. They should figure that out on they're own. Each year, only one country will hold these exciting competitions . This year, I think it should be America, we'll just let the community figure that out. By the way, for the voting of the director, they would have to be a dedicated member of the community, a decent reputation, a Passport, also a listing of their BeyPoint statistics. Any other questions? If it's that confusing to you, PM me via Forum. You're making me sound like that this is actually going to happen. It could, but we don't know that for sure yet.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Sep. 18, 2011

I am the Community Director/Manager.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - KidTala - Sep. 18, 2011

Kai-V is already the director of the WBO.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Ahmir - Sep. 19, 2011

Okay, okay, that's fine. Well, Kai, what do you think about the idea that I have developed?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Sep. 19, 2011

It does not follow the plan I had in mind and which I already posted, of the fairest possible "team tournament" I can think of ?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - BeybladeStation - Sep. 19, 2011

That would be too much work, I italicized "too", why? There is already so much to process.

Check out the BeyPoint Queue

Well, sorry, I just joined WBO a couple hours ago, i'm just trying to gain a decent reputation.
I probaly haven't read your current thread, my apologies. Well, maybe you can combine your idea, and I'm 100% sure that the community will love it! By the way, mind giving me the link to your thread. One more thing, it's just a suggestion. I don't wanna be a noob and start a huge argument over a simple opinion.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Aura - Sep. 19, 2011

I really do think that , it'll be a great idea ! I was thinking why doesn't the wbo make team tournament's ?
I was waiting for this to be posted though I just hope wbo accept's it . I will attend in one if it's released . But first i need to do more solo tournament's i just love the fact of solo's though .

(Sep. 19, 2011  2:37 AM)Dynamite Wrote: I really do think that , it'll be a great idea ! I was thinking why doesn't the wbo make team tournament's ?
I was waiting for this to be posted though I just hope wbo accept's it . I will attend in one if it's released . But first i need to do more solo tournament's i just love the fact of solo's though .

Thanks for your support dude!

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Pcyborg - Sep. 24, 2011

In response to Uwik's earlier request in regards to the buddy tournament in Singapore, I'm here to give me my feed back and what went through.

At approximately 4.15PM (+8 GMT), the buddy MFB started. 16 teams of 2, elimination style.
Standard WBBA rulings:
Knock outs = 2 points
Burn outs = 1 point
Slip out = 1 point (to opponent)
No fouls/fouls are at the discretion of the judge.

Each player in a team must prepare 3 beys ready with each respective MW to correspond to the typing chart.
Within the match, player can choose to switch between whichever bey as long as its within the 3
Each team member have to participate in a 1v1 with bey of choice.
After which, tag battles is to be carried out.
Winner is the first team to hit 6 points.
If in the 1v1, one team lost completely to knockouts (eg; both member were taken out by KOs) they're out.

Now for the tricky part, which is the stadium used.

Extended rules and info

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Uwik - Sep. 26, 2011

Thank you for the update Pcyborg. Much appreciated.

However, after reading up and finally understanding (after re-reading it over and over .. lol) how the 'buddy' system works for wbba sg. I don't think it's applicable for WBO. It's too complicated to actually implement. Not to mention the frankenstein stadiums used, hah.

Granted, it was a novel idea though.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Aura - Sep. 26, 2011

I agree with that we should

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Deikailo - Sep. 26, 2011

I think it would be best to try to have a tag team tournament as a pilot for future team events. It would probably be best to restrict tag team events to already established larger communities at first to see how it goes. If there is some consistency in winners as shown by the results, then an official team tournament format should be considered. Once we see tag teams are successful, it may be a viable option to start piloting full team (3 member) tournaments.

The limit and formats would obviously have to be slightly modified to reflect this. Mathematically, it would make sense to start the limit at 10 members (5 teams). In a standard full round robin event, 8 members would make 28 total matches to the beypoint system, not including tie breakers. 10 members in a tag team tournament (5 teams) would make 30 total matches to the beypoint system, not including tie breakers.

I think the traditional gold, silver, and bronze faces should not be distributed as a part of any team tournaments as it's not accurately representing who was the best player in that event. If the WBO does make team play official, it would make more sense to release separate winning team faces to show which members displayed the best team performance.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Thor Odinson - Sep. 26, 2011

Why dont we do it like in the anime? Well teams can pick who goes in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
So the people picked first will go at best of five and people picked second go and so on.
And for every person that won the 3 points in their battle gets a point for their team and best out of 3 wins.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Deikailo - Sep. 26, 2011

(Sep. 26, 2011  8:45 PM)SuperBeyMan Wrote: Why dont we do it like in the anime? Well teams can pick who goes in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
So the people picked first will go at best of five and people picked second go and so on.
And for every person that won the 3 points in their battle gets a point for their team and best out of 3 wins.
Because the anime has no real competitive value and exists solely to get people to buy the product.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Sep. 26, 2011

Tag team would be the only format, not just for pilot. We want the top team to really deserve it, we want all the members of the team to deserve the top places, so with anything more than two it becomes almost impossible to ensure such a thing.

(Sep. 26, 2011  8:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Tag team would be the only format, not just for pilot. We want the top team to really deserve it, we want all the members of the team to deserve the top places, so with anything more than two it becomes almost impossible to ensure such a thing.
I'm not understanding what you mean by "not just for pilot". I wrote that as using larger communities to test to see if tag team tournaments would truly work as an accurate reflection of the beypoint system. After we see that it works, we could use it officially, maybe?

I also think that the each member of the team should play each other at the end for first/second place. If one team wins the tournament, both members should just get a different/new type of gold face specific to team tournaments as the winners were determined in a different manner than every other tournament, if that makes sense.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Sep. 26, 2011

You were talking about trying three members too : no, the fairest is with two members, so it will stay at tag teams if we ever have team tournaments.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Aura - Sep. 27, 2011

Lol I already have my partners in mind .

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Deikailo - Sep. 27, 2011

(Sep. 27, 2011  12:14 AM)Acoustic Wrote: Lol I already have my partners in mind .
This is not contributing to the discussion in any way. If you don't have anything relevant to say, please don't post for the sake of posting.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - *aquariomaster* - Sep. 28, 2011

Cye and Whatzzer are right thats alot of space needed and no arena i know of can hold 20 beys

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - zainx2 - Oct. 01, 2011

definitely. I'm captain of team Bey Edge. We only have three bladders on hour team but we are really good
If we make tag-team tourneys, should the two bladers go at the same time or one goes on the first match and the others goes on the second match

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  1:14 AM)zainx2 Wrote: definitely. I'm captain of team Bey Edge. We only have three bladders on hour team but we are really good
If we make tag-team tourneys, should the two bladers go at the same time or one goes on the first match and the others goes on the second match

We will probably never allow battles with more than two Beyblades.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - TheCaptainDiego - Oct. 01, 2011

Yea i saw a couple good ideas, i think it would be good kinda like in metal masters show where japan's team faced china's team? like have different people face off. And for points, something like depending on how many teams participate everyone on that winning team gets the same amount of points and that team only gets prizes.