World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? (/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Dragoon. - Feb. 15, 2012

It would better be a no to team tourneys.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Prati234 - Feb. 16, 2012

Team tournaments are not so necessary...All bladers in the whole world are united then why to do it?
I'm new here but also..You Know me.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - SpikeBeyRaahul - Feb. 16, 2012

I Guess Teams Will Be a Good Idea Because It Will Be a New Experience Not That The Indivicial Tornaments Should Be Ignored.As It Is I Feel That There Should be Only 3 Members In a Team That Is Upto The Team And If Wanted 2 Members As Subs.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Dual - Feb. 16, 2012

Oh! Team battles meaning more than 2 beys in the stadium at once! Stupid me! I thought you meant Having 1 person do one round, one person do the other. Cuz I woulda liked that. But 3+ beyblades in the stadium is a BAD idea. To much luck and less launch room (cuz i love my launch room!). It would result in quicker, less exciting battles (in my opinoin at least).

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Feb. 16, 2012

(Feb. 16, 2012  11:10 PM)TWRP Wrote: Oh! Team battles meaning more than 2 beys in the stadium at once! Stupid me! I thought you meant Having 1 person do one round, one person do the other. Cuz I woulda liked that. But 3+ beyblades in the stadium is a BAD idea. To much luck and less launch room (cuz i love my launch room!). It would result in quicker, less exciting battles (in my opinoin at least).

Hm, you were right with your initial idea : it would be weird to have more than two Beyblades in a stadium ... We would certainly not allow it.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Dual - Feb. 16, 2012

I think that team battles in which one person battles one round and another person battles the other would be cool. You would be able to have 2-3 players on a team and it would allow more people to battle in less time.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Beyiors: Snow - Feb. 17, 2012

(Feb. 16, 2012  11:10 PM)TWRP Wrote: Oh! Team battles meaning more than 2 beys in the stadium at once! Stupid me! I thought you meant Having 1 person do one round, one person do the other. Cuz I woulda liked that. But 3+ beyblades in the stadium is a BAD idea. To much luck and less launch room (cuz i love my launch room!). It would result in quicker, less exciting battles (in my opinoin at least).

most of the time when my team and I do that just for kicks it ends up one getting knocked out almost instantly and the other two just left to battle like the other wasn't even there. lawl.

if there was a huge stadium but still bowled enough to where the beys are pulled in to the center so they're not just going on and on by themselves it would work and be pretty cool imo. but alas. there's really nothing that big that's legit and not custom made that i know of.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Coffeewithcream - Feb. 17, 2012

Personal idea, the format is the individual, but the actual teams are random. This prevents team secrets and power teams that have the best bladers.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Hazel - Feb. 17, 2012

(Feb. 17, 2012  8:28 PM)Asweet35 Wrote: Personal idea, the format is the individual, but the actual teams are random. This prevents team secrets and power teams that have the best bladers.

This would eliminate the point of a team format in its entirety.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Beyiors: Snow - Feb. 17, 2012

(Feb. 17, 2012  10:27 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2012  8:28 PM)Asweet35 Wrote: Personal idea, the format is the individual, but the actual teams are random. This prevents team secrets and power teams that have the best bladers.

This would eliminate the point of a team format in its entirety.

Well not necessarily. If you pick the teams at random but give the new randomly formed teams a few minutes to decide somewhat of a strategy.. that would inspire clutch playing with others on the spot.

I do not think people would be nearly as comfortable with that, though - the entire point of Team Formats at all is to group with your friends, people you know, etc.

If this were a game purely about competition, rather than sportsmanship and community, it would be slightly less insulting to the idea. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Ultra - Feb. 17, 2012

Why is this still open? I can't believe that the committee has any plan to approve team tourneys with how dysfunctional they would be.

Tag-Team would not be dysfunctional at all as long as it was enstated properly, as we have mentioned several times.

It is important to see potential ideas from people, though.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Neoh - Feb. 18, 2012

i like that.. whatever the time it takes to create a team system im sure itll be awesome. And i believe random teams would take away the fun of being in a team.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - thermal wolf113 - Feb. 19, 2012

OMG YES! my friends & I actually just found our last member for our team & have been aching for a team Tournament, watch out world the X-Bladders are going to the top!

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Maya - Mar. 13, 2012

Yes! A team tournament! Finally! Me and my team Grand Rush have been waiting for something like this.... I was thinking something like in Metal Masters... one person could go up at a time, 4 on a team, and normal Bey Battles could take place from there. Only the top team would be awarded prizes, as I realize the cost would be big for 12 prizes, not to mention setting up the actual tournament. But maybe the prospect of bigger stadiums could make for tag-team battles, or maybe 4 vs. 4, so a world championship like in Metal Masters could be possible..... just my take on the idea.....

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Hazel - Mar. 13, 2012

You should probably read the thread a bit, because we have already clearly stated that any implemented team format would not resemble the Anime's at all, for a number of very big reasons.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Maya - Mar. 14, 2012

Does it look like I have enough time to read 15 pages worth of posts? But OK. Why not?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Mar. 14, 2012

I think you have been here long enough to know whose posts are more likely to be more important ...

OK.... Can someone explain it though? I seriously don't have the time to look thru 15 pages of stuff.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments?pid=565528#pid565528

Thanks. I understand. But, is it possible to have teams of 2+, just put 2 people up at once for tag team? Say like my team Grand Rush: 2 of our members go up and tag-team, but we have a rotating cycle; Me, Andrew. Me, Nick. Me, Nathan. Etc.... but only the 2 in the tag-team that one move up in the winner's bracket, if the others lose they go into the loser's bracket.

From what I understand, that is just like saying : "We are team Galaxy and we have one hundred members! However, we form groups of two to compete in tournaments..." I do not care what you call yourself as a bigger group of tag teams outside of the tournament, but for us, there is no link between a tag team and another.

Oh. Ok. I'll support that idea, then. Nothing else really needs to be said.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Luck - Mar. 14, 2012

Personally, i like the idea of having 3 people on a battling team and possibly a sub, but if youve gotta have a tag team one then a team should be able to split in two. But overall i REALLY would like something like this to go ahead.