World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? (/Thread-Do-you-think-the-WBO-should-hold-team-tournaments)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Jan. 10, 2012

(Jan. 10, 2012  10:26 PM)Ndog888 Wrote: i think it would be nice to have team tornements because there would be a real teams on wbo battling each other

Wait, you mean team tournaments would mean teams battling each other?

Wow, I like, totally didn't realise that. That's some real revolutionary thinking there, really changes the perspective on things and brings a lot to the conversation.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Arupaeo - Jan. 10, 2012

Technically the thread does ask the question, "Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments?", and he gave his answer.

And he's 11...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Jan. 10, 2012

Ahh, well, I did not check his age. It just struck me as rather obvious, and generally we ask for decent reasoning behind posts before people post, and we have the poll there for people who just want to say "yes".

Nonetheless, my apologies Ndog888.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Arupaeo - Jan. 10, 2012

That's a very good point. Next time I'm sure that Ndog888 will just use the poll unless he has more to add.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - AllGenBlader - Jan. 11, 2012

I actualy think if done right these could be vary fun so I'm gona post how I think it should be
- team leader
choses who will on the team and will battle 1st
- co leader
2nt battle gets, to chose 1 member
3 battle
- sub
fills in for other bladers and at tournaments or if engered and canot battle for a turn or more
format will be same as metal masters untill the winning team is decided. That team has a round robin with the other 4 members to deside who has what place and also to give the sub a chance to get some battle and get bey points

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - th!nk - Jan. 11, 2012

(Jan. 11, 2012  3:44 AM)All Gen Blader Wrote: I actualy think if done right these could be vary fun so I'm gona post how I think it should be
- team leader
choses who will on the team and will battle 1st
- co leader
2nt battle gets, to chose 1 member
3 battle
- sub
fills in for other bladers and at tournaments or if engered and canot battle for a turn or more
format will be same as metal masters untill the winning team is decided. That team has a round robin with the other 4 members to deside who has what place and also to give the sub a chance to get some battle and get bey points

(Jan. 10, 2012  3:02 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2011  8:50 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2011  8:45 PM)SuperBeyMan Wrote: Why dont we do it like in the anime? Well teams can pick who goes in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
So the people picked first will go at best of five and people picked second go and so on.
And for every person that won the 3 points in their battle gets a point for their team and best out of 3 wins.
Because the anime has no real competitive value and exists solely to get people to buy the product.

(Sep. 26, 2011  8:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Tag team would be the only format, not just for pilot. We want the top team to really deserve it, we want all the members of the team to deserve the top places, so with anything more than two it becomes almost impossible to ensure such a thing.

(Sep. 26, 2011  9:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You were talking about trying three members too : no, the fairest is with two members, so it will stay at tag teams if we ever have team tournaments.

Please read before submitting thoughts.

Please read before submitting thoughts.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - xSora10 - Jan. 11, 2012

(Jan. 10, 2012  8:40 PM)â–‘Mercuryâ–‘ Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  5:21 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: There is no real WBBA, and if there was, I highly doubt that they could fund the flight.

There is a WBBA. In Japan. Chief - Sigh ...

I personally think there is no need for team tournaments. I don't see why we should. Its kind of the same as normal tournaments.

But it is not as if the WBBA has a million dollars or more (At least I think) and can fund the flights needed to fly the teams around the world. Nor do I think a million people will watch like in the show. And also, we don't have all the time in the world, as I did state already, and I doubt our parents would really let us get this involved into Beyblade, which, in different aspects, does apply to our lives, like the physics, but to parents it might just be a toy. I am not being stereotypical about parents, as I know there are some dads (and I think some moms, but I haven't seen them around) that play with Beyblades along with their kids.

Again, we are not even discussing flying around the world here, what are you on about?

What is it about team tournaments that instantly makes you think about flying around the world? Do you honestly think we'd have a 12-page-long discussion about whether we should pay to set up worldwide tournaments and fly bladers around? Really?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - xSora10 - Jan. 11, 2012

What comes to my mind about team tournaments is the Beyblade World Championships..because there is only one team per city I believe, and it's not like people would travel 2 hours to get to another city just to battle another team.

(Jan. 11, 2012  5:34 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: What comes to my mind about team tournaments is the Beyblade World Championships..because there is only one team per city I believe, and it's not like people would travel 2 hours to get to another city just to battle another team.

That's wonderful, but it's not even remotely relevant to what we are discussing.

And most places already have a couple of teams, otherwise they're entirely pointless (as opposed to mostly pointless). Even where I live, where we have one very large team, the have split into sub-teams to foster competition.

(Jan. 11, 2012  5:37 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2012  5:34 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: What comes to my mind about team tournaments is the Beyblade World Championships..because there is only one team per city I believe, and it's not like people would travel 2 hours to get to another city just to battle another team.

That's wonderful, but it's not even remotely relevant to what we are discussing.

And most places already have a couple of teams, otherwise they're entirely pointless (as opposed to mostly pointless). Even where I live, where we have one very large team, the have split into sub-teams to foster competition.

Ah, well then, I suppose.

I thought what they meant by team tournaments was pertaining to teams in different cities, states, etc...and for that, you would need to fly around. That's where the aspect came from.

Well, had you read the thread, the main thing that is actually being considered is tag-team (two person) tournaments, as it is the most practical, workable format, in reality.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Arupaeo - Jan. 11, 2012

(Jan. 11, 2012  4:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: Again, we are not even discussing flying around the world here, what are you on about?

What is it about team tournaments that instantly makes you think about flying around the world? Do you honestly think we'd have a 12-page-long discussion about whether we should pay to set up worldwide tournaments and fly bladers around? Really?

Yeah, that would be a pretty short discussion. It would go something like this:

"Hey, do you think we could get everyone on the site to donate $10,000? No? Oh well, so much for that"

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Lynxx - Jan. 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure this idea has been discussed, how about this method:
3 rounds in a match. Each team member plays in 1 round. So it would go like this:
Blue 1 vs Green 1= Green 1 wins.
Blue 2 vs Green 2= Green 2 wins.
Then the Green team advances to the next round.
As for Blue 3 and Green 3 they can have their own round as a bonus round.

But if the match goes like this:

Blue 1 vs Green 1= Blue 1 win.
Blue 2 vs Green2 = Green 2 win.
Blue 3 vs Green 3= Tie.

Then you can just just have another match. And I doubt that that kind of cycle will occur repeatedly.

And yes, I know Kai-V said that there will probably be only 2 members on a team, but if you can, add on to this idea or just ignore it. (:

That is really unnecessarily complicated, and the third bladers on each team have very little influence on the success of the team. The simplicity that tag-team allows (a simple solution for draws: winner vs winner, etc) is not really available with any other number of participants.

Seeing as you haven't been to a tournament, you may be surprised to find that they tend to go on for a fair few hours, so any unnecessary battles are avoided to prevent things from becoming too long to be manageable.

I think this thread would be more useful if we were to focus on the setup that has already been laid out; that of a two-person tag team battle, and whether or not players would be interested in that specific format.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Lynxx - Jan. 11, 2012

Ok then, yeah I thought that you would stick to the original layout. Thank you for time anyway. (:

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - hockey dude - Jan. 19, 2012

I think there should be team tournaments but not tag team because your bey will hit your teammate and then it just get all nantsy it would not be called a tag team battle it be called a battle royal.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Hazel - Jan. 20, 2012

...Tag Team does not mean "both team members launch at once", it means "the team members switch places at predetermined points".

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - kaisergriffin - Jan. 24, 2012

A team tournament would be so good as it will make the tournaments a lot more competitive

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Jan. 25, 2012

Actually, if you think about it, team tournaments would be at least twice less competitive. In regular tournaments, each individual is competitive towards every other participant. In a tag team tournament, you are not competitive towards your partner, and you are only competitive towards one of the two members of another team, or just the team in general without specification for its members.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - JCx06 - Jan. 25, 2012

I think No, because there could be a powerhouse team that would own everybody, and as Kai-V said, it makes it less competitive.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Hazel - Jan. 25, 2012

(Jan. 25, 2012  4:05 AM)JCx06 Wrote: I think No, because there could be a powerhouse team that would own everybody, and as Kai-V said, it makes it less competitive.

...powerhouse team? What?

You are aware that being in a team does not amplify blader skill, correct? They're tagging out, not all blading at once, either. This isn't the anime - any combo can be used to any degree of effectiveness by anyone.

This is a competitive game - someone has to win, and it should very rightly be the people who earn it.

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Jaygrazer - Jan. 25, 2012

But the idea of having a partner makes things interesting.

EX: I have a Blitz, but Shadow L -Drago has a Death Quetz. I send Ryu-X with Phantom to take him out, while I take on K-Manepciness' Basalt with Blitz.

So essentially, you can send in your best guy. But for it to be successful, you would need an area with alot of competition.

And has the WBO reached a verdict on this debate yet?

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Kai-V - Jan. 25, 2012

Just like in regular tournaments, you would probably never know someone's combination unless they voluntarily showed it to you or that they were stupid and always used the same one ...

RE: Do you think the WBO should hold team tournaments? - Jaygrazer - Jan. 25, 2012

(Jan. 25, 2012  4:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Just like in regular tournaments, you would probably never know someone's combination unless they voluntarily showed it to you or that they were stupid and always used the same one ...

Oh no, Shadow has what I like to call:"CS of Doom" Tongue_out

So have you guys made a decision? I just wanna know yes or no...