World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts (/Thread-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 13, 2007

The only logic I can put behind these social networking sites is when it comes to matters of distance.

For instance, I hate talking on the phone but I like to keep in touch with my friends back in North Carolina, so MySpace and Facebook allow me to do that, minus the absolutely insane long distance rates that a phone call would cost.

I could always IM them as well, but with MySpace and Facebook it's much easier to communicate as with conflicting schedules it's nearly impossible for me to be online at the same time as one of my friends. So I simply drop them a message on MySpace and/or Facebook and they reply whenever they can.

Other than this, I have no practical use for either of the two.

RE: Random Thoughts - Elmo - Dec. 13, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:facebook is starting to suck too

I only use it to play attack with friends =/

RE: Random Thoughts - Kei - Dec. 13, 2007

My friends always bug me to get Facebook Unhappy

RE: Random Thoughts - Crimson - Dec. 13, 2007

My parents should have never found the internets.
My mom made a MySpace where she got some comment from some 14-15 year old saying how hot she is.

And its carp up their spelling.
My step-dad went to reply to someone, and he said "Yah u 2?"
There was no way I could ignore that.
so I told him that it was really lazy of him to not even put a little effort into spelling his reply correctly.

He seemed a bit confused, I pointed out that he spelled "Yeah" wrong, and that using "u" and "2" instead of the full words was just plain lazy.

What emerged from that was an argument, he insisted that "Yeah" was spelled "Yah"
and that "Yeah" was how you spellled "Yay"
When we asked my mom to spell "Yeah", she said "y. a. h."

It's so carp embarrassing to have parents that type in Chatspeak and argue that their way of typing is the correct way to spell things.

sigh. and people wonder why I can be so bitter about the world.

Crimson Wrote:My parents should have never found the internets.
My mom made a MySpace where she got some comment from some 14-15 year old saying how hot she is.

so I told him that it was really lazy of him to not even put a little effort into spelling his reply correctly.

He seemed a bit confused, I pointed out that he spelled "Yeah" wrong, and that using "u" and "2" instead of the full words was just plain lazy.

What emerged from that was an argument, he insisted that "Yeah" was spelled "Yah"

It's so carp embarrassing to have parents that type in Chatspeak and argue that their way of typing is the correct way to spell things.

What is the world coming to?!

RE: Random Thoughts - Elmo - Dec. 13, 2007

That's why the USA is going to crumble. The country is full of conformists.

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 13, 2007

i wonder if sam actually understands that the point of a social networking site is not to replace phone/IM

I get that it's supposed to connect people who would otherwise never meet, but yeah...

I don't think it works very well. lol

RE: Random Thoughts - sam's temp - Dec. 13, 2007

Crimson Wrote:My parents should have never found the internets.

yah thats pretty bad i'm sorry for u, if it were happening 2 me i would go crazy.

RE: Random Thoughts - McMongol - Dec. 13, 2007

ЯOAN Wrote:I get that it's supposed to connect people who would otherwise never meet, but yeah...

I don't think it works very well. lol

I usually use it to connect with people that I've lost contact with.

*search* oh, long time no see. Been about ten years, eh?! How's it goin?

RE: Random Thoughts - Minion - Dec. 13, 2007

I don't have facebook, and in not having it, the people I knew 10 years ago can't bother me.

RE: Random Thoughts - Tototototototo - Dec. 13, 2007

It's to keep people updated on yourself. Instead of saying "Whatever happened to ol' Jimmy from down the lane?" you can go on Facebook and see that he's become a born-again Christian.

Actually, it was designed to keep people in contact with the friends they left from high school. You lose some great friends during that period, and instead of falling out with them, you can always be updated. Of course, you can also make the choice to forget them by removing them from your list, but otherwise, you won't have to.

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Dec. 13, 2007

Katashi Wrote:I fell up the stairs while taking out some trash, and now I have a small piece of gravel embedded in the palm of my left hand.
At least it wasn't in front of your head like with my friend. If it's ever up there, it'll leave a mark *Points to his head*
[Image: n1280610237_30048471_3342.jpg]

Creepy muscle kid is creepy. Lips_sealed

RE: Random Thoughts - Crimson - Dec. 13, 2007

He looks like he just ate a smurf.
:V

RE: Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Dec. 13, 2007

so I have a lot on my mind right now
for what I want to do over the next few months
its all I've been thinking about
and I haven't really let it out of my head
I've got a lot to look forward to, my life ever since summer has been pretty miserable.
But pretty much starting Christmas day, all those problems will be gone, and I'm gonna start a new life.
Needless to say, this is one of the best feelings I've felt in my life. There's so much I'm looking forward to.

I just needed to get that off my chest. Smile

Guitar_Legend Wrote:so I have a lot on my mind right now
for what I want to do over the next few months
its all I've been thinking about
and I haven't really let it out of my head
I've got a lot to look forward to, my life ever since summer has been pretty miserable.
But pretty much starting Christmas day, all those problems will be gone, and I'm gonna start a new life.
Needless to say, this is one of the best feelings I've felt in my life. There's so much I'm looking forward to.

I just needed to get that off my chest. Smile

I think I need some of the uppers that this kid is poppin'.

lol

RE: Random Thoughts - Pikachao - Dec. 13, 2007

Thoughts: My gameboy micro came yesterday, wahoo! I'm bored of this ICT lesson. I'm hungry. It's going to be cold outside at break. This keyboard is sucky. =3

RE: Random Thoughts - Alice - Dec. 13, 2007

HOLY SHIIIIIT

I got an interview at that amazing clothes shop I wanted to work at! I'M SO EXCITEDDDD

RE: Random Thoughts - SK - Dec. 13, 2007

Tamer Brad Wrote:facebook is starting to suck too
has been going down ever since they added all those custom applications. I still visit it 5 times or more each day though. lol and it owns myspace by several miles

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Dec. 13, 2007

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/GeorgeDuong/facebook-1.jpg

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 13, 2007

G Wrote:http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/GeorgeDuong/facebook-1.jpg

TOO MANY carp APPLICATIONS

RE: Random Thoughts - sam's temp - Dec. 14, 2007

those are invites i think

RE: Random Thoughts - Alice - Dec. 14, 2007

Check out my new CARPETDUDS comic. Now, I say!

screbs

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 14, 2007

sam Wrote:those are invites i think

invites to applications