World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Random Thoughts (/Thread-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Random Thoughts - Roan - Jun. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:
Sasch Wrote:Why does anyone use "carp" and "gay" as swearwords? It's so homophobic. And if you don't think it's homophobic, then it's carp ignorant.

I used to rail against this when I was younger but gave up and accepted that as a culture, we redefine what words mean all the time. I also generally use it in a sarcastic sense.

As a gay person, I still find the term pretty highly offensive, but it has become so common in everyday adolescent vocabulary that I've pretty much built up a tolerance for the words.

Its disgusting that I have to do this, but still... I don't really get upset over the word unless its clearly used towards me or someone else in a demeaning manner.

RE: Random Thoughts - Sasch - Jun. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:I used to rail against this when I was younger but gave up and accepted that as a culture, we redefine what words mean all the time. I also generally use it in a sarcastic sense.

And I posted it because a person with a Renamon tattoo is hilarious.
All the homosexuals out there who have to hear people use these words are offended and feel discriminated, even if it's only culture and without literal meaning. And these guys' and girls' feelings are what makes this use of words inacceptable.
I got your sarcastic meaning though. I didn't especially refer to your post.

RE: Random Thoughts - Guitar_Legend - Jun. 30, 2008

[Image: 16547.jpg]

what the carp is so appealing about shoes like this

RE: Random Thoughts - Ominous - Jun. 30, 2008

So the preceding week was Pride Week in Toronto, and on the weekend I find myself walking down Church Street (which Torontonians know to be the Homosexual epicenter of our fair city).

Apparently a couple guys wearing shirts (and nothing else) felt the need to flirt with me and cop-a-feel.

eeeeeeeeeeee

RE: Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Jun. 30, 2008

ryan stop fooling around with ommy!

Ominous Wrote:So the preceding week was Pride Week in Toronto, and on the weekend I find myself walking down Church Street (which Torontonians know to be the Homosexual epicenter of our fair city).

Apparently a couple guys wearing shirts (and nothing else) felt the need to flirt with me and cop-a-feel.

eeeeeeeeeeee

HAHAHAHAHA

RE: Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:I don't really see it as an issue, but if people have a problem with the height I will consider changing them.
The designs are cool, but they just seem a bit distracting compared to the old ones. Does anybody else think this?

RE: Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jun. 30, 2008

Kei Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:I don't really see it as an issue, but if people have a problem with the height I will consider changing them.
The designs are cool, but they just seem a bit distracting compared to the old ones. Does anybody else think this?

no because i like being able to click on a big-sized button and not miss and i will accidentally click something else

D:

RE: Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Jun. 30, 2008

Kei Wrote:

What if I made the icons grey instead of orange?

RE: Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Jun. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

What if I made the icons grey instead of orange?

But it's sexy when it's orange. Unhappy

bugturtles Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

no because i like being able to click on a big-sized button and not miss and i will accidentally click something else

D:

Honestly I dislike the fact that they are so large. I think they should be about half as tall as they are now.

Also, I think it would probably be less distracting if the icons were a darker gray on top of the white/light gray gradient.

RE: Random Thoughts - AnnieDuck - Jun. 30, 2008

Ominous Wrote:So the preceding week was Pride Week in Toronto, and on the weekend I find myself walking down Church Street (which Torontonians know to be the Homosexual epicenter of our fair city).

eeeeeeeeeeee

Lol that waitress thought you and Brad were together

AnnieDuck Wrote:

eeeeeeeeeeee

Lol that waitress thought you and Brad were together

LOL

I can see it being easy to mistake.

They were sitting together on one side of the table, I was on the other with Blue and Elliot. I kinda ripped open my knee so I didn't want to bleed on anything too fancy. ;p

Did you get any strange looks or remarks?

Because where I live even the slightest hint of homo love drives people into a paranoid rage.

People are pretty cool with that sort of thing in Toronto imo

yep i feel perfectly normal in toronto

the waitress also thought elliot and annie were lovers

New buttons are up, what do you think?

RE: Random Thoughts - Kei - Jun. 30, 2008

Bey Brad Wrote:New buttons are up, what do you think?

10000000% better! They aren't distracting in any way.

AnnieDuck Wrote:People are pretty cool with that sort of thing in Toronto imo

Well I live in middle America, soooo.... lol

RE: Random Thoughts - Synesthesia - Jun. 30, 2008

Roan Wrote:Well I live in middle America, soooo.... lol

Where do you live?

We just had a pride parade here in Chicago, and no one really cares, or tries to cause problems, atleast to my knowledge. Maybe smaller towns do. Some one in my family was suppose to attend one with a friend, but the friend's mother wouldn't let him go.

They are usually held on the North and East side of Chicago, which would be considered our epicenter. To illustrate that, when I was 15, I was waiting for the subway home from the north side, and I saw a 6ft tanned guy in a pink and white halter top with matching booty shorts and purse get off a train. You won't see that in many other parts of town.

RE: Random Thoughts - G - Jun. 30, 2008

I thought the orange ones were a bit too big, but they were pretty sweet. These are nice though! The "Post Reply" and "New Topic" ones would look better smaller possibly... the font anyways. That's just me though Confused

RE: Random Thoughts - Sam - Jun. 30, 2008

new buttons are much better

RE: Random Thoughts - Synesthesia - Jun. 30, 2008

I assume the warning level is there to determine when a person should be banned or suspended?

I am working on the warning system. Expect to see an announcement about it tonight.