World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers Discussion (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-Discussion)

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 25, 2009

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:46 PM)To Wrote: So I've more or less read the entirety of this thread (although I do wish I skipped a couple of pages), and while for this generation's Gobots, you're doing a lot of things right, I feel you're sending Series 2 of the plastics to die. And while the Metal XS series looks like a tremendous improvement over Series 1, I do feel a bit cheated that the current Battle Strikers are incompatible with both Metal XS, and Series 2. That said I only own five of them, and wasn't strongly fond of any of them.

Basically, there was a realization among the team that to continue to move the series forward breaking compatibility was something we had to do. Nobody was happy to do it but as Neku said, we wanted to get it over with so we could move forward. Series 1 was definitely a learning experience and testing the waters for everyone involved. That said, we have no plans to break compatibility in the foreseeable future; it's one of my pet projects to push compatibility into everything Grin

We're aware Series 2 will not perform as well as Metal XS. As I stated several times, it is a transitional step and was created for some markets that demanded it. We anticipate mostly everyone will move on to Metal XS.

Not sure I understand the Gobots comparison.

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:50 PM)Neku2 Wrote: honestly i am glad they made the changes so early in the battle strikers life, i would rather it be now then later. Speaking of arbiter here is a video he made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIcTZ-oPt-w he has all of series 1 I believe. If you search battle strikers on youtube i think his is the 2nd down. Kinda ironic.

That's why i asked haha. I knew he was super into it so I wanted to know if he was mad now that we're moving to metal as well.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Neku2 - Dec. 25, 2009

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:55 PM)bey tempest Wrote: what happened to arbiter anyway?

meh, he just doesnt get along with people Eee.
(Dec. 25, 2009  11:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Basically, there was a realization among the team that to continue to move the series forward breaking compatibility was something we had to do. Nobody was happy to do it but as Neku said, we wanted to get it over with so we could move forward. Series 1 was definitely a learning experience and testing the waters for everyone involved. That said, we have no plans to break compatibility in the foreseeable future; it's one of my pet projects to push compatibility into everything Grin

We're aware Series 2 will not perform as well as Metal XS. As I stated several times, it is a transitional step and was created for some markets that demanded it. We anticipate mostly everyone will move on to Metal XS.

That's why i asked haha. I knew he was super into it so I wanted to know if he was mad now that we're moving to metal as well.

He was at first untill he saw them. They spin longer and the attack rings just look better. He was furious at first though. Pinching_eyes_2

is there a dish arena for the battle strikers? I thought maybe I saw something about it but was not sure.
(Dec. 21, 2009  4:26 AM)Beynval Wrote: Quick post
Xmas was really early for me this year haha Smile
I just received my samples of Metal XS!
They consist of:
-Ninjitsu Starter Pack
-Firehawk Starter Pack
-Dragonfire
-Sentinel
-RAPTORRRRRR ♥
-Knock-out Arena
[Image: img2626o.jpg]
Thanks a lot to MEGA and Brad!!!

I want free stuff! Speechless

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - yusei fudo - Dec. 26, 2009

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:55 PM)Neku2 Wrote: meh, he just doesnt get along with people Eee.

He was at first untill he saw them. They spin longer and the attack rings just look better. He was furious at first though. Pinching_eyes_2

is there a dish arena for the battle strikers? I thought maybe I saw something about it but was not sure.

I want free stuff! Speechless

So did I but oh well...... just have to wait.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 26, 2009

Quote:is there a dish arena for the battle strikers? I thought maybe I saw something about it but was not sure.

No, it is almost-flat as usual.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - bey tempest - Dec. 26, 2009

the 1st one was flat not almost, wouldn't it be better to have it on a curve like bey stadiums.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - To - Dec. 26, 2009

Battle Strikers defense force form! lmao

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Basically, there was a realization among the team that to continue to move the series forward breaking compatibility was something we had to do. Nobody was happy to do it but as Neku said, we wanted to get it over with so we could move forward. Series 1 was definitely a learning experience and testing the waters for everyone involved. That said, we have no plans to break compatibility in the foreseeable future; it's one of my pet projects to push compatibility into everything Grin

[Note: This is a figurative "You", I'm not talking about Brad specifically, since these plans were in motion before he started]

I know why you guys did the broken compatibility, as I've read the thread, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or be coaxed into liking it, even though I fully agree with the changes done. Wink

While both future product lines are superior to the current one on shelves, I do feel like you're skipping a step. This evolution imo, feels more forced then natural, and that the abrupt end of the plastics was only done due to fear of being seen as the "Me too!" product once the competition launches. I feel you could have done more revisions to the plastic system that would have served as growing pains for Metal XS (although killing off the rather bland Series 1 system is an example of the growing pains) , as well as sparing a line from being sent to die. I feel you guys are changing too much, too soon. And unlike Takara Tomy, it seems you guys, rather then going for padding lines, and gradual improvements, are going for drastic ones.

Maybe I'm just adverse to change, even when I know it's for the better? Tongue_out

Edit - Jeeze this thread moves quick

(Dec. 26, 2009  12:23 AM)bey tempest Wrote: the 1st one was flat not almost, wouldn't it be better to have it on a curve like bey stadiums.

It was ALMOST flat. There is a small curve.

No, it would not be better. Have you tried controlling a Striker in a BeyStadium? It's impossible. The flat surface works better. We increased the curve slightly, but it still appears flat to the naked eye.

Beyblade's way is not always the best way.
To, we definitely want to do more gradual evolutions of the system now. We didn't want to be held back by a past mistake. Let's be honest; would we have truly produced a better product had we relegated ourselves to continue Series 1 system? We changed it because we had to, and the payoff will be worth it for everyone who plays.

So yes, we could have dragged out Series 1 longer, but I think abandoning player's gigantic collections after two years is worse than just cutting it off when the player investment is low.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Neku2 - Dec. 26, 2009

this is true, i dont always use the controller though. Tongue_out

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - TheLVJ - Dec. 26, 2009

(Dec. 25, 2009  11:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Instead of investing our money in a television show, we'd prefer to invest it in mediums that allow us to communicate with our fans and actually produce content that is relevant to the game than a television series that does not represent how the game works at all.

Iceburn
___________________________________________________________________________________________
The drastic shift between S1 and S2/Xs was for the best. It seems to have attracted more people.

Is there any chance that we might see metal editions of the S2 Striker weapons released under the XS line? (Hoping for Cobra. In YOUR face, Poison Serpent... )

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - bey tempest - Dec. 26, 2009

to who?

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - TheLVJ - Dec. 26, 2009

-Cobralalalalalalalalalalala!
COBRA, retreat!!!

(Dec. 26, 2009  2:14 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Is there any chance that we might see metal editions of the S2 Striker weapons released under the XS line? (Hoping for Cobra. In YOUR face, Poison Serpent... )

I sincerely doubt it. Plastic and metal have weight different properties in regards to recoil and momentum, so obviously the plastic designs aren't really meant to have metal versions.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Minion - Dec. 26, 2009

MWEEEEE

IS IT JANUARY YET?
I have $250 and nearly no desire to import expensive japanese spinning tops. I love the chunky day-glow style of the 2nd series plastic strikers and the new XS. I'm tired of being afraid to play with my clumsy friends for fear of losing or breaking a $20+ imported bey. I want $6 toys I can mash into walls without fear. My bey are sacred and valuable, and I just want to rev tops and cause havoc.

Seriously though, the new XS tops look super, and until I have some in my hands, I have no complaints. Everyone else has pretty much covered any immediately apparent issues.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Jawa - Dec. 26, 2009

I understand the concept of under 14age restrictions. But what about an over 14 group with no cash prizes but just a simple cartificate of acknologement(?) Just a piece of paper to say so.
P.S. Extremely love the looks of the new Metals. Can't wait to try them.

(Dec. 26, 2009  4:03 AM)Minion Wrote: MWEEEEE

IS IT JANUARY YET?

Soon, soon!

(Dec. 26, 2009  4:36 AM)Jawa Wrote: I understand the concept of under 14age restrictions. But what about an over 14 group with no cash prizes but just a simple cartificate of acknologement(?) Just a piece of paper to say so.

It's really not an issue of prizes, but an issue of manpower to organize everything, extra venue space, marketing, etc ... there's just no return on that investment for us, and the turnout is generally going to be like 4 guys who want to play, and it's not worth it for us to do that. But like I said, we will be very supportive of fan efforts.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Woty - Dec. 26, 2009

YAYStupid im young enough to be in the tournaments
YAY

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - JC065 - Dec. 26, 2009

Wow, I really like the look of the series 2 plastics, I can't wait to get my hands of those too, especially cobra, I can just see there being a sandy coloured Egyptian cobra type special edition version.

I think you've already answered this question, but I just wanted to make sure again. Are all other parts of series 2 and Metal XS (aside from the weapon) identical and interchangeable?

Have you ever considered releasing interchangeable parts in only one series? So for example releasing a tip in only series 2, but it does have practical applications in Metal XS.

(Dec. 26, 2009  5:47 AM)JC065 Wrote: Wow, I really like the look of the series 2 plastics, I can't wait to get my hands of those too, especially cobra, I can just see there being a sandy coloured Egyptian cobra type special edition version.

I think you've already answered this question, but I just wanted to make sure again. Are all other parts of series 2 and Metal XS (aside from the weapon) identical and interchangeable?

Have you ever considered releasing interchangeable parts in only one series? So for example releasing a tip in only series 2, but it does have practical applications in Metal XS.

I think there may be one or two tips available only in each series early on, but you'll see them available as time goes on. We don't want to force anyone to buy from both lines.

All the parts in Series 2 and Metal XS are cross-compatible, and all the non-Weapon parts are shared between both lines.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed that most companies would force people to buy from both lines, seems like the corporate thing to do.

Will we be seeing special edition colour versions of different strikers? Just to appeal to the collector in me Tongue_out

Yes, there are some special editions.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - BrandonW. - Dec. 26, 2009

I CANT WAIT FOR THE METAL XS!!!!!!!!! my current strikers are skullor supercharge dragonblaze and wolfen

Awesome, I am really hyped for the release now.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - beybladeheart - Dec. 26, 2009

JC065 about your website im not sure to join or not because theres onlyy one member...u and cant wait till metal xs.................im serious about that

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - yusei fudo - Dec. 26, 2009

JC065,I registered, just have to do the email stuff, and can not wait for metalxs!

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - beybladeheart - Dec. 27, 2009

yeah im about to dont worry