World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! (/Thread-FACE-CONTEST-Write-About-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - MuchWow - Apr. 30, 2009

really?was it used in all other countries?
it wasn't used here Confused

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Zander Soulwind - Apr. 30, 2009

Well, I don't really know on that so i won't try. What was it in your country then?

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - MuchWow - Apr. 30, 2009

in the middle east they used to say something in arabic.but it did mean something close to (go shoot). not (let it rip).

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - josh-jf - Apr. 30, 2009

(Apr. 30, 2009  3:52 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: This I was not so sure on weather it would be good or not but I should just shut up and get on with it so you are not out of line, you are telling the truth.

Pegasis: I noticed that but decided that because 'let it rip' was used in all the other countries, I would put that instead.

Edit: I also took my time and did it in a few days instead of just on one day flat.

sorry if i made it sound bad i was not trying to make it out like it was a bad thing, actually more like a good thing basically i was just saying i think if you were more confident in yourself then the skys the limit.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Zander Soulwind - Apr. 30, 2009

(Apr. 30, 2009  4:01 PM)pegasis Wrote: in the middle east they used to say something in arabic.but it did mean something close to (go shoot). not (let it rip).

O, Well, Let's just look at it from my countries point of view.

Josh, that is true.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Neku2 - Apr. 30, 2009

This is very short and basic but I enjoyed typing it up.

Beyblades are based off of the traditional wooden string tops. There are many versions of the beyblade tops but for the most part they all have customizable and removable parts. Un-customized the game would still be interesting but the fact that most tops have 4-5 layers of parts adds an incredible amount of diversity among players. The game itself had very simple rules, two players would launch a beyblade into a beystadium the first one to get knocked out or stop spinning would lose. Most of the tops are spun using a gear based grip that you feed a plastic winder through, the top attaches to the bottom of the grip and the winder is pulled back dropping the top in a vicious spin. The series itself started as a comic in 2000 and an anime aired the following year. The series exploded and spawned of official tournaments all over the world that climaxed in a world championship much like the anime itself. The anime ran for 3 seasons before ending and left the diehard fans waiting for years without a word from the producers of Beyblade. The fans kept the game alive through forums and websites as well as various unofficial tournaments. As the series halted the fans continued to experiment with customization and launching techniques turning a very simple game into an incredibly complex strategy game. Several years after the end of season 3 a new series was announced called, “Metal Fight Beyblade”. The series tops released in 2008 with first episode airing in April of 2009.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Natsyureic - May. 01, 2009

Beyblades are a mechanically modern version of the traditional spin top that was inspired by the Beigoma. From 1999, Japanese toy company Takara, started to develop and manufacturing beyblades nationally corresponding with the start of the anime. Hasbro then spread beyblades throughout the world. Takara products have been shown to be more visually and mechanically accurate in terms of anime storyline as opposed to Hasbro. The blades generally correlate with a series of anime (e.g. original, v-force, g-rev, etc…) and have taken, up to this point in time, 3 distinct evolutionary changes.
These 3 changes are seen as the plastic generation, the Heavy/Hard Metal System generation, and the recently introduced Metal Fight System. (At this point, I will say I have not yet examined the MFB systems yet and thus I have no experience whatsoever with them so I will refrain from writing about them.)
The Plastic based generation is split up into three sub groups, original, V-Force, and G-Revolution. The main distinctions are the modifications or additions to some of the blade parts, and the design of the blades in general.
To explain this we’ll need to break up the body of the blade. I’ve chosen to split it into 3 parts, the Attack Ring, the Weight Disk, and the Base. This is the main template for all plastic generations blades with sub areas associated with the Attack Ring and the Base in particular.
The Attack Ring originally came with one key component, The Bit Chip (or also known as Bit beast) and still during the first season developed the Sub-Attack ring. The pre-series AR’s originally didn’t have attributed beasts to influence their shape, developing the geometric basis of the blades development of today. First series attributed AR’s were shown to see a representation the Bit Beast, such as a Dragon for Dragoon, or a lion for Galeon. The White tiger sub-series blades were the first to start the Sub-Attack ring trend, leading to an interesting development in blade constructs. Reinforcement/support AR’s developed for only a few blades, e.g. Dragoon F, but this idea was later discarded as blade designs increased in size and thickness as seen especially with the G-Rev era. V-Force Era designs started to increase depth, some to the extent of the entire weight disc, such as Master Dragoon and Driger V2.
The Attack Ring thus provides the main system of attack or defence based on its shape, which are; Upper (Dranzer F) lifting opponents, Smash (Dranzer S) forcibly reversing opponents spin [like swinging a golf or hockey stick with a heavy Heel-Toe area to slow something down], and Spike (Hayate) to cause a recoil effect on the opponent to KO, or throw them into the wall. These main mechanisms must be mediated with the rest of the blade due to the aerodynamic resistance, e.g. Dragoon V2 has many unnecessary ridges in right spin decreasing its overall spin time.
Weight disks determine weight distribution and general balance of the blade. Physics dictates that though heavier objects take more energy to move, they take longer to slow down as well. However, that statement is for straight-moving objects, we bladders have risen to the next level of physics, angular momentum, where the weight distribution is not that which goes forward but the weight that is on the outside, spinning. If you take a 6 heavy and a 10 heavy, you will notice a significant difference in diameter, and depending on requirements might pick the 6 due to central gravity(increase balance for tall blades) or 10 for AR support (e.g. for smash systems: make your golf club heavier and bulkier in a sense). This can be debated depending on one’s needs, such as a wide, light and AR supportive for faster blades, or you might increase its weight to control it’s speed by increasing it’s balance. Microscopic weight factors are sometimes shown by certain Bit-Beasts which promote different motions.
Pre-series Blade Bases were originally one part in three heights, each with a particular tip. In first series, they introduced the separating Spingear and Gimmick system (such as Dranzer’s style changing base). In the V-Force era they evolved the Spingears to add weights and magnets to increase Central Gravity (for stability) and add a new style of play (to increase offense or keep distance). They also introduced the Support-Part System which generally increased the bases diameter or add another offense/defence system. G-Rev introduced the Engine Gear and pre-widened bases to stabilise the set off to a minor extent, but still relied on the weight principle as previously discussed.
The Tip of the Base can sometimes be seen as another area where one might focus, such as on the endurance/stamina with a sharp design, or attack with rubber tip, and here lies the most important part of the blade. It’s been proven that though people prefer sharp tips for endurance due to the decreased friction, there are flat tips which can out spin sharps depending on its condition, explaining my focus on its importance.
HMS Blades have indeed followed the same outline, modifying size and design to account for the increased weight of the metal (again the golf/hockey stick analogy). I criticize the HMS series for one thing and that’s the launching system depends on the grip of the bit protector as opposed to the push of the attack ring. The Bit Protector is ‘The replacement bit’ with graphics to represent beasts and locks the parts together. Instead of the more strict standardisation of a Spin Gear, where AR’s and WD’s are based around a stable central placement; HMS rely on a Running Core which lacks AR and WD stability during construction thus sometimes diminishing central balance and consequently endurance/stamina.
With physics, exercise and fun, how could we not call beyblading a sport. As someone once said, ‘We battle not to destroy, but to learn our weaknesses and grow better, stronger.’
I don't care if i win or not, this has been something i've though of doing for some time, though i should probably do a longer job to detail certain areas.
980 words exactly... sorry it's a lil' long winded...just finally found a reason to write something... wanted it to be difficult in one way or another... sorry for those whom have to read it... good luck everyone...
And sorry to Brad, haven't gotten MFB's yet, so it's basically the plastic series.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Natsyureic - May. 02, 2009

man that looks terrible now i'm awake and not like 2:00 in the mornin'

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - sousa98 - May. 02, 2009

ugh why does it have to be a writing i have a lot writing in school but i am not doing it just for a face

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - josh-jf - May. 02, 2009

You have to put in a decent about of effort no matter what it is. The previous 2 have been drawing ones and theres a video one so there had to be a writing one eventually lol.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - MuchWow - May. 02, 2009

i also tbh didnt like the writing idea. drawing is so much more fun.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Zander Soulwind - May. 02, 2009

(May. 02, 2009  2:06 PM)pegasis Wrote: i also tbh didnt like the writing idea. drawing is so much more fun.

Personally I like writing more but drawing is more fun.

There isn't many of use that have taken part but then there is still a day left so hopefully more people will do this.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - josh-jf - May. 02, 2009

well pegasis like i said there needs to be a little bit of everything.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Giga - May. 02, 2009

Beyblade – Yes, their really is strategy in this.

I first learned about Beyblade five or so years ago. My grandma bought me my first blade; Galeon, and I spent ages with them. I soon accumulated a large collection of Hasbro beyblades, and got my school interested in them. Of course, it was only last year that I discovered that yes, there is strategy in a game of modernized spinning top.

What makes the game of beyblade so interesting is the various shooting styles and combinations.
For instance one could make:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ATTACK TYPE: Designed to defeat Survival types, either by tossing them into the air (upper attack), smashing them into the ground (forced smash attack) or hitting them with projections (smash attack)

DEFENCE TYPE: Designed to defeat Attack types, these stay in one place, either by the use of Grip Tips or heavy weight.

SURVIVAL TYPE: Designed to Defeat Defence types. There are two main types of Survival types: Zombies and pure Survivals. Zombies are the most dangerous of the two and are built with round parts, utilizing bearings. Pure survival blades usually rely on metal sharp tips.

BALANCE TYPE: A combination of all the previous a Balance type utilizes Semi flat tips and Balance Weight Disks. A sub category known as Compact also exists, using heavy weight to it's advantage.
However, you can not build any of these until you know the parts...

Bit Chip: This is a decorative chip that sits atop the Attack Ring.

Attack Ring: This is the part that defends and attacks.

Weight Disk: This is the part where the beyblade gets its stability.

Spin Gear: This determines the spin direction and was developed to
include magnets and engines.

Blade Base: This determines the movement and height of the beyblade. Some bases come with holes in the to fit tips.

(Tip): Some beyblades require tips. These are usually made of rubber or metal, and determine the movement pattern of the beyblade utilizing it.

Now, onto the shots!
There are also various shots to help increase your chances of winning! For instance
Sliding Shoot. This shot allows high speed beyblades with flat tips to move in small circles, going in and out of the middle of the stadium increasing your chances of winning by quite a bit.
HOW TO DO IT. Place your blade onto your launcher. Now tilt the launcher so it is parallel to the stadium slope. When you launch move the hand holding the launcher forward at the same time you pull the ripcord out.
Gattyaki: This relies on weight distribution, and is commonly used with Compacts. It's objective is to knock the opponent out before the have reached the stadium.
HOW TO DO IT: The idea is to land on the opponent or KO them. So shoot near to the opponent when they launch. Also while your opponent will most likely launch on the R of “Let it Rip” to perform Gattyaki you must launch on the “P”.

Hopefully my little article helped you understand the plastic generation some more.

Yes, I know I only used plastics, but that is what I am most familiar with and what I feel I could write the most on.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - MuchWow - May. 02, 2009

(May. 02, 2009  2:09 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Personally I like writing more but drawing is more fun.

There isn't many of use that have taken part but then there is still a day left so hopefully more people will do this.
wow! you like writting more than drawing Gasp
maybe thats because its hard for you to put whats in our mind into an actual clear kool drawings. you gotta have the talent to enjoy it!
i actually was really happy and felt proud after designing tigros, vampire and the MW stadium (the air hockey one XD).
hope the next one will be designing a HWS beyblade Smile

gd luck to everyone Wink

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - JamesLeeNguyen - May. 03, 2009

Here is my entry this is not copyrighted nor stolen from anyone I have put much effort into this and used office word 2007.

There are 511 words counted with microsoft office word.

3...2...1...LET...IT...RIP..! What is beyblade? Beyblade is a very challenging sport or game. Beyblade is a competitive game of skill, knowledge, and pure heart! No, it’s not your strength it’s all strategy. It takes time to master specific skills and strategies. Some people may think beyblade is just a dumb game, but just because it’s a game, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t affect you in any way. Even though beyblade is a game it benefits the blade and the blader. How you ask? It improves your mind to think more efficiently and critically. Over time the bladers improve their blades with new parts such as an attack ring or a weight disk. Bladers need to train to gain the knowledge of customizing their blades because only then will they understand the flaws in their battles. Becoming a blader is not easy it takes time trust and determination. Your all probably wondering what I mean when I say trust. Well, trust is important while you are a blader because you need to learn to trust yourself and your beyblade. You need to believe that you can do anything and you can! You just need trust that’s why trust is important. Determination is another thing because without it you would most likely fail. To be determined you must believe in yourself and know that you can overpower your opponent. All you need to do is try your best! But the most important thing is to believe. If you did not notice in my sentences about trust and determination I used the word believe. Believing in yourself, your blade, and your heart can lead you to success and you will conquer your opponents. Beyblading can also just be a hobby for some people. Beyblades are made for everyone all over the world to enjoy the extreme play of beyblade! The skill and knowledge you can learn from beyblading is amazing and the feeling just makes you excited. There are many people around the world who has or is starting to experience the amazing feeling of having a beyblade. All bladders want to go to the next level and battle against friends or they just do it for fun. The feeling you get when you say 3..2..1..let…it…rip or 1..2..3..go..shoot and pull your ripcord makes you feel good inside like your releasing all stressful thoughts and pains is extremely wonderful. Every blader wants to win their battles but to that they need skill and knowledge. To gain knowledge you must first gain skills. It takes time to gain skills, strategy, and knowledge, but to win you need to get them from experience. You gain experience when you practice. Always remember the phrase if at first you don’t succeed then you have to try again. Eventually you will gain everything you need to win. Remember, beyblading isn’t just about winning or nor is it about losing. Beyblading is about having fun and making friends with your opponent. This is the true meaning of beyblade. Beyblading can also just be a hobby for some people. 3…2…1…GO…SHOOT!

By: JamesLeeNguyen

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - josh-jf - May. 03, 2009

Beyblade essay

When beyblade was released it swept through asia and after great success there it hit the rest of the world.

Beyblade revolutionized spinning top games. From games where you just spin a certain object for as long as you can to a game where strategy and skill reign over all.

The concept of beyblade is rather simple you launch your beyblade into a beystadium and try to defeat your oponent. Theres two ways to do this by knocking your oponents beyblade out of the beystadium or by simply outspinning your oponents blade.

Ofcoarse its not as simple as pulling a ripcord and shooting a beyblade. This is the beauty of beyblade that no other spinning top game can even come close to. To win your beybattles the blader has to be thinking on his/her feet and their blade needs to be the right blade for the situation.

The first thing is to know your basics. In beyblade there are four different kinds of beyblades. There attack, defence, stamina/endurance, survival and a combination/blance of any types.

There are many different attack types but this is just a basic overview so we will just cover attack types in general. Attack types are beyblades that deal out punishment to the blades it hits whether it roams around the stadium looking for a smash/knock out hit or just stays towards the middle of the stadium and knocks away the beyblades that clash with it.
This type is ideal for more aggressive bladers.

Then theres defence type beyblades. As you can imagine this type is the complete opposite of attack types. Defence type beyblades spin in the centre of the beystadium and take the hits its gotten from the opposing beyblade. Its scary watching a full on collision from an attack type when your beyblade is on the recieving end but if your beyblades defence capabilities are better than that of your oponents, then nine times out of ten you have won the match.

Now we have endurance/stamina/survival type beyblades. The idea of these beyblades is to outspin the opposing beyblade to win the match. Sounds simple doesnt it?
Wrong. Endurance/stamina types are vulnarable to attack types which can easily knock stamina types around. Which is why some bladers prefer to combine defensive and stamina combinations together which leads us to combination/balance types.

The key thing to remember with balance types is that in order to gain one attribute you have to sacrafice another so creating the right balance could be the key to your success.

In the game of beyblade there are many strategies you can use to further your game. It may be customizing your beyblade to suit a certain situation or changing your battle style to combat your oponents.

If you are versing a stamina type type beyblade you might want to use parts that will smash your oponents beyblade out of the beystadium. You may also implement strategies into your launch. For example if your oponent has an attack style beyblade that roams the stadium looking for a knock out you may want to launch your beyblade into the centre of the beystadium so that by the time your oponents blade hits yours it will already have lost its attacking momentum and the majourity of its spin which spells trouble foy your oponent if you have a beyblade with good endurance.

If you think about it you can see what makes beyblade great just from this essay. High performance spinning tops, killer strategies, great combinations and above all the game is fun. Nothing beats beybattling with a friend or rival, its just the best time you could ever have.

Well there it is my essay hope you like it.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Zander Soulwind - May. 03, 2009

People do remember that the limit was 1000 words, right?

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Aqua - May. 03, 2009

(May. 03, 2009  3:18 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: People do remember that the limit was 1000 words, right?

No one passed the limit.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - josh-jf - May. 03, 2009

Yeah i made sure to keep below the limit lol 1000 words is alot of words to post here trust me.

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Zander Soulwind - May. 03, 2009

(May. 03, 2009  3:19 PM)Aqua Wrote: No one passed the limit.

Just making sure and I didn't know if I did or not but if you said no one then that includes me which is good.

Good Luck everyone by the way. Smile

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Natsyureic - May. 03, 2009

JamesLeeNguyen I thank you for focusing on the belief aspect of blading. You'd be an interesting opponent.

shouldn't this thread be closed by now?

RE: FACE CONTEST: Write About Beyblade! - Anu - May. 03, 2009

No read the Original Post. It ends at 11:59 Today ...

Oh he meant at night......