World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
eBay Topic - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Bey Marketplace (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-Marketplace)
+--- Thread: eBay Topic (/Thread-eBay-Topic)

RE: eBay Topic - Starlight25 - May. 08, 2013

Black Dragoon GT Advance Starter Set! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Dragoon-GT-Advanced-Starter-Set-One-Of-Only-1-000-Ever-Released-/251272637219?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3a81042b23

RE: eBay Topic - 3-Dog - May. 08, 2013

$75 shipping to England?! Come on sporky! Hahaha I'm surprised he got one and is selling it. That's gonna go sky high but I'd sure love to own one... blah this hobby is too expensive. I would try to bid on that but the shipping fee will knock me out of the game early on.

RE: eBay Topic - Ultra - May. 08, 2013

He ships everything with signed for to make sure he doesn't get screwed by unscrupulous people who claim they didn't get their package.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 08, 2013

I've looked into it deeper and found that shipping will be less. Unfortunately (and I say that only from a certain perspective) it has a bid so I can't adjust it.

I do not profit from shipping charges, making a point of refunding them in Paypal if overpaid and I never add extra even when eBay underestimates the charge. Honestly I had hoped to use that set as trade bait, but then I got lucky and found a nib magical ape (2 actually, will be listing the other soon), so figured of list it for sale. That $75 is my cost and a pretty fair starting bid i thought.

On an "off topic" note, I wonder what 'certain other sellers' would have listed that set for!? Underselling 'certain other sellers' gives me evil jollies.

---

Update - if i remember correctly, shipping to UK was $29.30 + $2.30 for the return receipt (which functions as delivery verification). If it did go above $250, then eBay will require a signature confirmation...meaning Express Mail (just shy of $60) becomes the only approved option. Sorry for being so vague earlier.

RE: eBay Topic - 3-Dog - May. 09, 2013

Yeah, it's an awesome start price, it's just one of those cases where the seller can't really do much and it just sucks to live in England. All the cool beyblade stuff is in America and Japan, but even if we win stuff, we'll get import taxed (import tax starts for items of a higher value than $18, in the states you don't have to worry about it until like $1000) for it and that would probably add like $75 on to the cost of the beyblade.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 09, 2013

Wow - I did not know that about your import taxes. I'm willing to call it a gift - unless someone fr either one of our government's is reading this, in which case "...ahem, of course I would follow the rules and make sure the duties get paid...ahem"

I'm probably going to end it early, maybe give some kid a nice surprise to win it for a lower price. It's a bit of a dilemma - people may get upset and say they were still going to bid (and it's still pretty low at $81), but on the other hand it seems a bit dirty to let it get super high too. I'm glad I don't collect plastics (yet, anyways) else I would probably be of a completely different mindset.

While I'm at it, I've reduced most of the used plastics to $10.50, with just a few lots higher than that. I think Draciel V is still in the $15~$16 range, but the rest are less than that and reduced shipping too (gonna send in a well-padded envelope instead of a box; it saved another $0.66 on top of the price reductions).

If the Black Dragoon GT goes to an insane price via bidding, then that has pretty much nothing to do with you. Since it's up, you should probably let people bid on it til the end. There's no personal responsibility when you haven't set a price.

By the way, gifts get import taxed if they're over $35 LOL basically, if you live in England, you're gonna have a bad time.

RE: eBay Topic - Ultra - May. 09, 2013

Dude I agree. $85 starting price is cheap enough. Some people would sell that for at least $150.

RE: eBay Topic - Evolution - May. 09, 2013

When I sold off my NIB one, I was offered around $350 USD's. That was a while back now, but I'm still certain that set could defiantly reach over $150.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 09, 2013

(May. 09, 2013  4:48 PM)3-Dog Wrote: If the Black Dragoon GT goes to an insane price via bidding, then that has pretty much nothing to do with you. Since it's up, you should probably let people bid on it til the end. There's no personal responsibility when you haven't set a price.

Good point. As a rapper once put it: "...ima let it do whaddit do..."

In terms of profit, oddly enough, you may have been better putting that set up on Y!JA. A NIB White Dragoon GT went for 33500 so I can't imagine what a NIB Black Dragoon GT Starter Set would fetch!

RE: eBay Topic - Ultra - May. 09, 2013

Bey Brad did that when he wanted to sell his rare random booster MFBs.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 10, 2013

(May. 09, 2013  10:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Bey Brad did that when he wanted to sell his rare random booster MFBs.

Speaking of that, I found a website that listed the highest price beyblade auctions (on Y!JA) for 2012 and there were two that went for over $1,000. If I remember right, one was the Legend Beyblade Set with all those gold recolor 4D beys, and I believe the other was JUST the Big Bang Pegasis from that set a few months later. I can't see that ever happening on eBay. I've overpaid for a couple things, but that is mind boggling.

If I even thought of doing that my girl would leave me, I'd get fired from my job, all my friends would line up to kick me in the groin, and my dog would piss on me as I lay writhing in pain.

I'll see if I can find the link and update this later.

-/-
UPDATE - couldn't find that site again, but this is the pic:

Gonna see if I can find one...anybody interested?

RE: eBay Topic - Benjohadi - May. 10, 2013

my last beyblade for sell..hahah
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261211873250?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
then i'm officially not a beyblade seller anymore...

RE: eBay Topic - *Ginga* - May. 11, 2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Beyblade-Frostic-Dranzer-Limited-Edition-Silver-Metallic-NIB-/251273088423?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3a810b0da7

Sporky has more great stuff for sale!

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 12, 2013

Here's the Announcement:

First, I'd like to thank all of the WBO members who have purchased Beyblades from me over the past several months. It has been fun finding rare beys and delivering them to the community and the market, and I hope you've all enjoyed getting these as much as I have finding and selling them.

This place is a great resource for a popular but still under appreciated hobby and I encourage you all to support the WBO as best you can through referrals and/or support donations if you're able.

My most recent plastic listing - Blizzard Orthros - represents the final new item I'll be offering for sale for the foreseeable future. I'll be restocking a few more HMS beys, but (other than Magical Ape), they will be the same items I've sold in the past. Those items that do not sell will likewise be re-listed, but over the next few weeks my inventory and selection will continue to reduce as items sell and I won't be placing any new orders and most of what I'm getting is already listed or will be within the next several days. it. I'll still be around on the WBO and tournaments once in awhile (maybe even swinging up to BR later this month), and probably still post links to good rare items I find in Japan, but again just not going to be selling much other than what's left.

My only regret is leaving the market in the hands of sellers who care nothing for advancement of the hobby nor the great people who are passionate about it. I would highly recommend to this community and anyone who collects Beyblades to demand more from sellers/suppliers than what these others deliver. Maybe I've been a bigger part of the problem than I have the solution, but either way it ends here.

Thank you all again for your support so far, and I hope I can get just a little bit more during the sell down. For all my listings priced at or above $20, I will be donating $1 (from every item sold) to the WBO so this is a good chance for you to support them too!!

RE: eBay Topic - ShinobuXD - May. 12, 2013

Nooooo! Your not selling beys anymore!

I can understand though. Trying to sell is a huge hassle.

RE: eBay Topic - Ultra - May. 12, 2013

That's a shame man. I understand though. If you were here when the market was good I think you would have done very well. Thanks a lot for enabling me to finally get the wolborg 03 after years of waiting.

RE: eBay Topic - LMAO - May. 12, 2013

Hope you start selling again soon, spork!

Haha, I gave up bidding at the $80 mark, and now it's at $500.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Beyblade-Dragoon-GT-Advanced-Starter-Set-One-Of-Only-1-000-Ever-Released-/251272637219?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item3a81042b23

RE: eBay Topic - *Ginga* - May. 12, 2013

Damn, that is really sad to see. I really wish (like Ultra said) that the market was good when you came here. You would have made so much, and with a slight profit in some cases. Really, some of the stuff that you have/had is amazing (like that UFD recolor). What you have done/are doing for the WBO is really kind, not only in the donating part but that you are making some people's dreams come true.

haha, you are not the seller you were about 15 pages ago haha.

RE: eBay Topic - Snoop Dog MS - May. 12, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't leave! If I could have I would have gotten all of your stuff so you could stay longer (and plus for those rare blades Tongue_out) but... you started selling at a bad time unfortunately... at the Revolution. But I am planning on snatching one of your Jiraiya MSes. Hope you sell again soon buddy!

RE: eBay Topic - th!nk - May. 12, 2013

Wow when did this guy become the messiah?

I don't want to be a wet blanket but damn guys, there are other sellers...

By the way Sporkseller, I hope if that 14 feedback bidder wins the black GT auction he keeps bumping like I've only seen sleazy sellers do to their own auctions (not an accusation, of course, just an observation haha, this guy is going nuts), he actually pays up. Don't like your chances though Confused

off-topic: lol passport renewal stealin' my italics

RE: eBay Topic - Ultra - May. 12, 2013

There may be other sellers but he's awesome. He finds stuff no one else does and doesn't work for profit. For once you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah man that 14 feedback guy is probably trolling. I doubt he has any intention of paying. Just hope for hell that the other guy who outbid him will pay but he could very well be trolling too.

RE: eBay Topic - th!nk - May. 12, 2013

(May. 12, 2013  10:07 PM)Ultra Wrote: There may be other sellers but he's awesome. He finds stuff no one else does and doesn't work for profit. For once you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah man that 14 feedback guy is probably trolling. I doubt he has any intention of paying. Just hope for hell that the other guy who outbid him will pay but he could very well be trolling too.

I'm just saying there are other sellers who do the same kind of thing, and that the number of posts here upset about it is pretty ridiculous haha. I'm plenty aware of what I'm talking about.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - May. 13, 2013

(May. 12, 2013  9:21 PM)th!nk Wrote: By the way Sporkseller, I hope if that 14 feedback bidder wins the black GT auction he keeps bumping like I've only seen sleazy sellers do to their own auctions (not an accusation, of course, just an observation haha, this guy is going nuts), he actually pays up.

No...that sounds nothing at all like an accusation!

I have my doubts too though, as I always do for auctions like that. One reason I've moved away from auctions is the high percentage of non-paying bidders. For a period around Easter I was seeing close to 50% of my auctions go unpaid. I report non-paying bidders very strictly unless they communicate with me. Both of the bidders on the GT set have stayed involved and it would be hard to imagine either has the guts to claim an error in bidding (an error in judgment, perhaps, but not in their bids).

It's also why I considered ending it early - many 'kids' get caught up in the competition of bidding completely ignorant (or apathetic) of the associated responsibility to pay. With my luck the winner will make an INAD claim and return an empty box for full refund. Wouldn't that just t!ckle you!?