World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers Discussion (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-Discussion)

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 20, 2009

thread has officially gone off topic

BACK TO STRIKERS:

will there be releases of different stadiums or just one like in the previous series?

edit: beybladeheart. theres nothing wrong with comparing beyblades to strikers as long as the thread doesn't derail and storm dragoon, please stop double posting!

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - beybladeheart - Dec. 20, 2009

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:50 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: thread has officially gone off topic

BACK TO STRIKERS:

will there be releases of different stadiums or just the one like in the previous series?

Brad has already stated there will be a new stadium.Pinching_eyes

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - TheLVJ - Dec. 20, 2009

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:50 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: thread has officially gone off topic

BACK TO STRIKERS:

will there be releases of different stadiums or just the one like in the previous series?

Brad announced that there will be, but not for a while after the release of the initial waves.

He mentioned that we are free to submit ideas for possible future stadiums.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Storm Dragoon - Dec. 20, 2009

man that's cool

he said in spring for the new stadium

BBHeart, I know that there's going to be a new stadium I read his post... 1. don't double post. 2. and next time carping read my post before deciding to apporach me like i'm spasticated.

I wanted to know if there were going to be other ones, not just the new one

oh and Brad, how about a stadium with a tornado ridge?

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:50 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: will there be releases of different stadiums or just one like in the previous series?

I was just replying to what you said next time be more clear but dont argue or yell at me about it

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Serotonin - Dec. 20, 2009

(Dec. 14, 2009  9:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The only new Arena launching in Spring is the Knockout Arena as I already discussed. We are currently developing other ideas. If you have suggestions, please feel free to leave them Smile

He actually did state the Stadium situation. I imagine it's pretty tiresome for Brad to constantly answer the same question repeatedly.

Can everyone drop the hostility and general chit chat now ... Please only post relevant posts to Battle Strikers, as if that wasn't obvious before.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Kai-V - Dec. 20, 2009

I just cleaned this up as best as I could. Remember what this topic is for in the future, and remember what the previous one was like and why it got closed.

you obviously still havent read my post.

I said stadiums not a stadium...

sorry for yelling at you, it's just I hate it when people treat me like a fool because they can't read a post then go and double post there point..

didnt see the s but thanks for correcting me a wise man accepts corrections and then he only becomes wiser.But anyway back to battle strikers before kai-v closes this post down

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Serotonin - Dec. 20, 2009

He said the only new Arena launching, though.

Uh I still find the idea of a tornado ridge awesome

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 20, 2009

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:06 AM)beybladeheart Wrote: no they dont the game is played differently as brad already said and about how they look they look almost nothing alike besidesthey are both battling tops.

I really want to stress this. You cannot apply the same strategies to these games. Because in Beyblade you decide 100% on your strategy before the battle begins, whereas in Strikers you can alter your strategy during the battle. Offense types can be controlled, and Stamina types can be sitting ducks waiting for a one-hit KO attack.

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:16 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: and brad, mfb's look abit more detailed, and with a whole range of parts is quite fun.
metal xs looks like a chunk of metal with gold painted edges with a hole in the middle.

basically like a 4 year old drawing lines.

Bladez, I don't mind the criticism, but please refrain from posting so insulting and obviously incendiary. The designers are quite talented and worked very hard developing this -- along with myself -- and to discount the entire line like this is really rude.

That being said, I will take some profile pictures for you tomorrow so you can see the detail along the edges, and they are not just "chunks of metal with a hole in the middle." Also, I am not sure why having a whole in the metal is somehow now a bad thing ... MFB has it, and in both cases it needs to be there for different reasons.

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:21 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: lmao beyblades weren't from centuries ago?
you can say beyblades stole from spinning tops, but seriously, it's system is so complex, and the designers did an absolutely amazing job, where as battle strikers feel like they were just waiting for beyblades to die..

battle strikers will have very small time in the spotlight since bmf is on it's way in 2010.

I think the two lines will co-exist. Pokemon, YuGiOh and Magic somehow manage to live in the same world. I think people will play both, to be honest.

There's no arguing that the Beyblade concept itself is great. I do not think they "stole" anything, but they were definitely inspired by the Beigoma. Customization is something that is very popular and common in all toylines now, so it was an obvious thing to include when developing Beyblade.

However, perhaps someone can explain to me: Beyblade was the first to do a customizable spinning top, yes. However, why does that mean they are the only ones ever allowed to do it? Competition will make both toylines better, so everyone wins. It does not have to be a "one or the other" scenario.

Don't forget that I got this job because I am a Beyblade fan, and have been playing Beyblade for almost a decade and collected it and supported it with more intensity than anyone else here has. That being said, I think the recent releases are uninspired, and that's why I'm excited to be developing a concept that brings something fresh to the idea of customizable, battling tops.

If Beyblade didn't exist, yes, there is a good chance that Battle Strikers would not exist. Beyblade broke this idea through to market, and we certainly have taken inspiration from it. However, there is a huge difference between learning from Beyblade and copying it, and we are definitely doing the former.

One of the things that comes up a lot during brainstorming sessions is, "is this idea too much like Beyblade?" We actively AVOID going after ideas if we worry that we are "stealing" them from Beyblade. Because my background is in Beyblade, I've suggested a lot of things only to get a response that it is too similar to Beyblade. They're generally right, and I'm learning to develop more original ideas now.

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:40 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Excuse me, this is a discussion thread, and acted he like i was committing a sin because i was discussing my opinion.

it's not my fault he went and derailed the thread.. so don't even bother putting this on me

It's fine to state your opinion, but no need to insult us. We are reaching out to the community because we want to hear what spinning top fans have to say. When was the last time someone from Hasbro or Tomy posted here?

(hint: they never have because they don't care about communities)

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:50 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: will there be releases of different stadiums or just one like in the previous series?

Currently we are sticking to a plan of two new Arenas per year. In Spring (January), of course, there is the Knockout Arena. We want to develop more "standard" style Arenas that even the playing field. Beyblade has done a lot of Stadiums, but everyone goes back to the Attack Stadium because it is the most balanced.

Aside from the Attack Stadium in Beyblade, the only other Stadium I really like is Wide Square. I definitely like the idea of multiplayer Arenas, so I am hoping I can do something like that in the future ...

Keep the comments coming, guys!

(Dec. 20, 2009  2:56 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: oh and Brad, how about a stadium with a tornado ridge?

There is no need for this. Because there are walls around the whole Arena, there will never be the case of your Striker just "moving" out of the Arena. You can only be knocked out by

a. A powerful attack from your opponent
b. Launching a powerful attack and missing, throwing yourself out of the Arena

So it's very much more "intentional" and less "accidental". It's one of my favourite features of the new Arena, and something I'm happy we developed rather than the traditional "exit" style Beyblade uses.

Also, Battle Strikers do not move wildly on their own; generally, the only move very quickly if you launch a powerful attack intentionally. There is one Tip upcoming, Super Attack, that can be very uncontrollable. However, that lack of control is one of its features ...

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Robsta - Dec. 20, 2009

is this super attack tip, rubber?

I know you guys have put a lot of work into battle strikers and all but why dont you also have like a tv show.
This online game called nanovor has one and its online youtube. http://www.youtube.com/nanovor
and by tv show i mean like webisodes

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Tempestas007 - Dec. 20, 2009

A game doesn't need a show to be successful.

ok but it would be nice and there would probably be more profit

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Robsta - Dec. 20, 2009

I agree with Tempestas007, if you made a BS tv show it would most likely be a cartoon but not quite anime (anime too similar to beyblade) and most of those non-anime cartoon shows suck

Mega Brands are a toy company, not Toei Animation or Hudson Soft

ok forget i said it then

(Dec. 20, 2009  3:22 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Mega Brands are a toy company, not Toei Animation or Hudson Soft

lol, this is seriously the reason. making a TV show is too expensive for us right now, and people are going to say we are copying Beyblade even more ...

We have some cool YouTube stuff coming up in 2010 that is going to tie more into the game and be educational about Battle Strikers while being entertaining. There's also a storyline behind Battle Strikers that you will see slowly leak out as the line goes on.

That being said, I would love to do a LIVE-ACTION Battle Strikers show ... like Kamen Rider with spinning tops. But I don't think they would ever let me do such a thing Eee

kk

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - TheLVJ - Dec. 20, 2009

Who says YOU have to do it? Wink

(I need to finish Decade)