World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers Discussion (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-Discussion)

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 04, 2009

(Dec. 04, 2009  2:21 AM)_wO_Ow_ Wrote: OMG this is soo cool! Now the battle striekrs will be better than mfb! can you tell me what the name of te ninja is? also is the control feature improved? Final question: When will you make youtube videos for metal xs

The Ninja one is named Ninjitsu ... it's a successor to the previous one, Ninjutsu (don't ask me about the name, it wasn't me!!)

The control is very heavily improved. There is a new controller that is far more precise that I hope I can show soon.

YouTube videos ... expect to see them later this month.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Pich - Dec. 04, 2009

I'm completely stoked for these. I'm tired of waiting for decent mfb designs. Tongue_out Everything sounds so awesome. <3

(Dec. 04, 2009  3:38 AM)Crimson Wrote: Can't wait to see more info on Metal XS, they sound like a huge improvement over the original strikers.
I'm glad to hear there are more tips, hopefully there'll be more balance, so that the metal ball doesn't just dominate?

The metal ball this time around is made significantly smaller, not to mention the Striker itself is heavier overall. That being said, that tip is still very, very strong, but % wise the weight increase is less than that of Metal Face. So it's sort of the Metal Face of Battle Strikers. Wink

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Reokie - Dec. 04, 2009

So, should we wait until Metal XS, or should we buy the current tournament set to use the stadium for XS, or is that also incompatible? Also, I am almost certain that the new designs will reach out to the older demographic, as these don't look so stylized and plastic like as the old ones.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Kouri - Dec. 04, 2009

(Dec. 04, 2009  3:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The metal ball this time around is made significantly smaller, not to mention the Striker itself is heavier overall. That being said, that tip is still very, very strong, but % wise the weight increase is less than that of Metal Face. So it's sort of the Metal Face of Battle Strikers. Wink

Ah, glad to hear that the ball's smaller this time around. It was too easy before to just take one of those Magnetix balls and toss it into the 1st Strikers. ^^;

(Dec. 04, 2009  3:46 PM)Reokie Wrote: So, should we wait until Metal XS, or should we buy the current tournament set to use the stadium for XS, or is that also incompatible? Also, I am almost certain that the new designs will reach out to the older demographic, as these don't look so stylized and plastic like as the old ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by "incompatible". Of course it will work, but it was not designed to work with Metal XS.

(Dec. 04, 2009  4:05 PM)Kouri Wrote: Ah, glad to hear that the ball's smaller this time around. It was too easy before to just take one of those Magnetix balls and toss it into the 1st Strikers. ^^;

They are the exact same balls, you know ... LOL. I think that is why they were used. We designed a new ball for this revision to avoid that situation again.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Giga - Dec. 04, 2009

If they are exactly the same, would that be classed as legal then?
(taking a magnetix ball and putting it in a BS)

(Dec. 04, 2009  5:40 PM)Giga Wrote: If they are exactly the same, would that be classed as legal then?
(taking a magnetix ball and putting it in a BS)

Yes.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - RagnaBloodedge - Dec. 04, 2009

Metal strikers huh? Sounds fun. Will they be at teh same price point?

(Dec. 04, 2009  6:59 PM)RagnaBloodedge Wrote: Metal strikers huh? Sounds fun. Will they be at teh same price point?

They will be one dollar more than their plastic counterparts.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - bey tempest - Dec. 04, 2009

not alot then thats cheaper than what i expected

(Dec. 04, 2009  7:19 PM)bey tempest Wrote: not alot then thats cheaper than what i expected

Yeah, we worked very hard to keep the cost down so everyone could get them. Smile

well you did a fantastic job pal

(Dec. 04, 2009  7:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: They will be one dollar more than their plastic counterparts.

So about 6 bucks then? Awesome. Will there be starters, etc for that too?

(Dec. 04, 2009  10:47 PM)RagnaBloodedge Wrote: So about 6 bucks then? Awesome. Will there be starters, etc for that too?

Yes, which IIRC are $20. However, your old Launcher and Controller will work if you don't feel like purchasing it immediately.

(Dec. 04, 2009  10:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, which IIRC are $20. However, your old Launcher and Controller will work if you don't feel like purchasing it immediately.

Will there be any difference between the current Launchers and Controllers then?

(Dec. 02, 2009  6:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As for the Launcher ... the new one is actually a bit bigger I think! Haha ... we've taken that into consideration. All I can say is that we are testing Launchers that are much smaller and I think everyone will be super happy with them.

thats what he said a few pages back

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 05, 2009

(Dec. 04, 2009  11:11 PM)RagnaBloodedge Wrote: Will there be any difference between the current Launchers and Controllers then?

Yes, both have been completely redone.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - JC065 - Dec. 05, 2009

Quote:This is dangerous. The Metal XS tops are designed only to spin clockwise. The recoil in counter-clockwise is far too high. This isn't a part of our game, for now.
I was actually refering to the current on-the-market models, mainly in an effort to add a bit more competetiveness to them. I understand that once Metal XS comes out the game mechanics will change alot, but I like to tinker with things, it's my way.

I take it that if you've done recoil tests, then counter-clockwise tops have been prototyped, or were you just using clockwise attack rings spinning counter-clockwise? You've set me a challenge now, to try and reduce recoil and make a counter-clockwise spinning top a viable tactic Tongue_out

Quote:It is still magnetic. Instead of using three magnets, we use one stronger magnet. It will still work with the old Turbo Launcher, as well, so there is no breaking of compatibility there.
I have a question, I understand that the Launcher has probably had to be altered mainly due to the change of materials for the top and thus the different weights and weight distributions, however has there been anything done to ramp up the power of the launcher? I guess what I'm trying to say is if you were to release two identical tops, one from the old launcher and one from the new, would their be any distinct advantage given to the top by the choice of launcher?

Theres also a question I've been meaning to ask since I found out about Metal Beyblades. I understand if it's a trade secret, but out of curiosity, what type of metal goes into these things? I asked a friend who does CAD for a living, but he generally works with ABS plastics, so naturally he didn't know.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - AnnieDuck - Dec. 05, 2009

if a dude working on a product says that something is dangerous and that you shouldn't do that you probably just shouldn't do it

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 05, 2009

Yes, we did extensive testing on counter-clockwise tops in every way imaginable. It's just not a direction we're interested in heading down right now. Because the playing surface is flat and you can move the top in any direction you want anyway, the incentive to do it is even less.

(Dec. 05, 2009  6:00 AM)JC065 Wrote: I have a question, I understand that the Launcher has probably had to be altered mainly due to the change of materials for the top and thus the different weights and weight distributions, however has there been anything done to ramp up the power of the launcher? I guess what I'm trying to say is if you were to release two identical tops, one from the old launcher and one from the new, would their be any distinct advantage given to the top by the choice of launcher?

Theres also a question I've been meaning to ask since I found out about Metal Beyblades. I understand if it's a trade secret, but out of curiosity, what type of metal goes into these things? I asked a friend who does CAD for a living, but he generally works with ABS plastics, so naturally he didn't know.

The Launchers are at the same power threshold for safety and competitive reasons. So they both go at around 6000 RPM.

The metal is Zinc, same in MFB and Battle Strikers, though we are using a higher quality of it.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Dirge - Dec. 05, 2009

isnt zinc somewhat flamable i rember having to ignite zinc in science Confused

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - JC065 - Dec. 05, 2009

Quote:isnt zinc somewhat flamable i rember having to ignite zinc in science

Zinc in a powdered form is highly flammable, zinc in a more solid block such as a die cast spinning top is perfectly safe. It's all to do with the surface area, zinc powder has a very high surface area, and so oxidises extremely rapidly, a block of zinc has a relatively low surface area, and so will form a layer of oxide on the outside and stop reacting after that, not really as exciting as the powder. The same applies to most metals, steel wool for example will burn quite happily, wheras a block of steel isn't what most people would consider flammable.

Quote:The Launchers are at the same power threshold for safety and competitive reasons. So they both go at around 6000 RPM.

The metal is Zinc, same in MFB and Battle Strikers, though we are using a higher quality of it.

Personally I wouldn't have guessed you'd use Zinc, I would have thought the fact that it was diamagnetic wouldn't have worked well with all the other magnets in the toy. From what I remember of my college engineering days it can be quite brittle, and its quite light. Although i guess when you add the third factor of cost effectiveness it does seem to rule out harder, denser metals. I guess thats why I never took engineering past college, cost effectiveness and unnecessary safety laws can sometimes stifle some of your ideas.

You say that you've replaced the multiple magnets on the launcher with one stronger magnet, does this make the top any harder or easier to dislodge from the magnet? Or is there just a different 'knack' to it?

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - JonnB - Dec. 05, 2009

Great I'm Hoping the Controllers are better Cause I didn't really like them before

The new Stadium Coming Out seem pretty cool.

Wow a lot of work must went into all this nice Job.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - PengiunXS - Dec. 05, 2009

So I noticed that the Dragon ish Striker on the battlestrikers.com has already been altered, gotta say it looks pretty freaking amazing. Can't wait till Metal XS!!