World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Battle Strikers Discussion - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Other (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Other)
+--- Forum: Closed Threads (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Closed-Threads)
+--- Thread: Battle Strikers Discussion (/Thread-Battle-Strikers-Discussion)

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Aqua - Dec. 02, 2009

Oh, so that's what it was. Metal Battle Strikers... Tongue_out

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 02, 2009

Ah, so the teaser is live now. Smile

Yes, the new series of Battle Strikers is called METAL XS. The performance increase is tenfold. They are about on-par with MFB in terms of strength. I can try to answer any questions you guys have.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Hagane Ginga - Dec. 02, 2009

i have a question..
will battle strikers ever be interchangable

(Dec. 02, 2009  3:26 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: i have a question..
will battle strikers ever be interchangable

um they already are

http://www.battlestrikers.com/customizer.php

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Serotonin - Dec. 02, 2009

At the risk of inciting people, I think the new dragon Metal XS Striker looks a bit like Killer Gemios.

However, the two models already have a more mature look about them already, which surely corrects one of the main gripes people were having about them before ...

Impressed, will definitely get a few whenever they're out here in the UK.

(Dec. 02, 2009  3:43 PM)♥ Wrote: At the risk of inciting people, I think the new dragon Metal XS Striker looks a bit like Killer Gemios.

That's the wrong monster, the top is called Fire Hawk ... the picture should be fixed today. As for the top itself, it looks nothing like Killer Gemios. It was also designed long before Killer Gemios was ever seen by anyone.
(Dec. 02, 2009  6:35 AM)Minion Wrote: I don't feel like strikers is as competitive or collectible as beyblade, but they are definitely an exciting game.

You are going to see a huge change in this come January. If the skill level (actual skill, not "knowledge") in Beyblade is like 20%, I'd say in Battle Strikers it's at least 60%. There is a lot more focus on the player's ability here than just the Striker. So, of course the player with the proper/best Striker is at a significant advantage, but an aggressive player with a "weaker" Striker but more skill at control and aiming can come out on top.

The battles now are much more aggressive, the control is more accurate, and you can do far more impressive attacks. In addition, the new "Knockout Arena" allows offensive players to play on even ground with defensive players.

2010 is going to be a very good year for competitive Battle Strikers!

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Minion - Dec. 02, 2009

(Dec. 02, 2009  3:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Ah, so the teaser is live now. Smile

Yes, the new series of Battle Strikers is called METAL XS. The performance increase is tenfold. They are about on-par with MFB in terms of strength. I can try to answer any questions you guys have.

It seems like you've done away with the multi-layer armour/weapon rings for the new metal tops. Is this going to drastically decrease the amount of customization you can do? From the top, they look pretty basic. Although, like you have said, it is more about control, and less about customizing.

I hope the new launchers are smaller.. though I don't expect they will be... I don't like carrying these clunkers anywhere...
(Dec. 02, 2009  3:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Ah, so the teaser is live now. Smile

It seems like you've done away with the multi-layer armour/weapon rings for the new metal tops. Is this going to drastically decrease the amount of customization you can do? From the top, they look pretty basic. Although, like you have said, it is more about control, and less about customizing.

I hope the new launchers are smaller.. though I don't expect they will be... I don't like carrying these clunkers anywhere...

While control and player skill is the major focus, we don't want to decrease the amount of customization. The structure is now

Weapon
Booster (think Support Parts or CWD)
Tip
---
Lock
Core

Lock and Core are the same all around. I believe there are three Boosters and eight Tips available for the Spring 2010 line launching in January.

Before the complaints come in, yes, three Boosters is a fairly low number. We all want to do more Boosters, and it is something that will happen for the Fall 2010 line. However, unlike Takara-Tomy who is reusing Metal Wheels, you will never see us re-use a Metal Weapon, ever. Every top will come with a unique Weapon, which is IMO the most important part.

As for the Launcher ... the new one is actually a bit bigger I think! Haha ... we've taken that into consideration. All I can say is that we are testing Launchers that are much smaller and I think everyone will be super happy with them. So, just rest assured that you're not the only one who has brought that up. However, you won't see them for a while ...

There are a few tops that are going to be floating around in very limited quantities. These were ones that were designed initially but were cut because they did not meet the standard or direction of design that we want to show. However, some were already shipped out so there is nothing we can do about them. Please note that they are perfectly safe and fine, they just don't mesh with the message we want to convey anymore.

I know I work at MEGA and on Battle Strikers, but I don't want to give you guys any bull. So, these are the straight, honest answers as both an employee of MEGA and a battling toy fan in general.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - bey tempest - Dec. 02, 2009

wow no re-used weapons sweet but on the site the blue metal top next to some kind of ninja looks a bit like dragoon ms to me

(Dec. 02, 2009  9:36 PM)bey tempest Wrote: wow no re-used weapons sweet but on the site the blue metal top next to some kind of ninja looks a bit like dragoon ms to me

How ...

Seriously, it's a basic four pronged design. And it doesn't spin left.

uh the for prongs look really similar and the blue on it remind me of it

(Dec. 02, 2009  9:59 PM)bey tempest Wrote: uh the for prongs look really similar and the blue on it remind me of it

So, things that belong to Dragoon MS and Beyblade:

- designs with four prong details (nevermind that Dragoon MS has angular spikes whereas Ninjitsu is a mostly circular design with four tiny prongs that's more similar to CWD Reverse Defenser than Dragoon MS)

- the color blue

Seriously guys, I'm here to give no-nonsense answers about this line. There's no arguing that Beyblade has been an influence on this line, in the same sense that Magic: the Gathering is an influence to every card game that came after it. They're iconic and it would be foolish to ignore those influences.

But if you're just going to pick stuff apart without any real merit, I'm not going to answer questions and comments here anymore.

sorry then brad

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - PengiunXS - Dec. 03, 2009

So gotta say the Metal Xs strikers are looking pretty sweet, wasn't planning on picking up any Strikers but the new ones have definitely peaked my interest. Will most likely be picking up some when they release.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - JC065 - Dec. 03, 2009

Would it be possible to change the subject slightly and talk about the launchers for a moment? I've not played Beyblade since I was a child and coming back to the scene one of the biggest selling points for me is the Battle Strikers launcher, and how it could be tweaked to get more out of it. With a rip cord the amount of energy you put in is always going to be the amount of energy you get out, however with the Battle Strikers launchers my mind has already started pondering tweaks and tricks that could get more potential out of it.

I've just recently opened one of these launchers up (sorry, I didn't take any pictures) and the first thing that sprung to my mind is the amount of space inside, that makes it perfect for what I'm planning on doing. Since the circuit is a simple motor switch circuit, the sort you may have encountered back in your school days, you'll be aware that changing the polarity of the batteries will change the direction of spin on the motor. This means that it is relatively easy to tweak the launcher and be able to switch between a clockwise spinning top and a counter-clockwise spinning top at the flick of a switch. All you would need is a DPDT switch, which can be picked up relatively cheaply, and some minor soldering skills. I've already drawn a mock up of how this would work:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ac9ba9.png

I've also been thinking about replacing the magnets in the launcher with electromagnets, the main reason being that the jolt you need to release the top will destabilise it slightly, having an electromagnet release system would mean that the top could just drop without any other forces applied to it aside from gravity and the spin the launchers given it. The problem I've encountered is that while the magnets will be spinning, the button and batteries for the circuit will remain stationary. So to stop the wires from tangling and ripping themselves out of their solder a method would need to be devised to allow one half of the circuit to spin yet remain connected to the stationary half. I'm thinking using the brushes from a Scalextric car, but I haven't thought much on the details.

I've also noticed that the motor uses a gearing system, I don't have much experience in gearing systems, however I do know they can be used to convert power to torque, essentially sacrificing RPM to allow the motor to spin heavier objects. However what I'd like to know is if this gearing system is needed for the launcher to still be able to spin, basically is the extra torque required to spin the top or are the gears there only to limit the RPM of the top? If I get the answer I'm hoping for then there is yet another tweak to get more power out of the launcher, it would also create a lot of space inside the launcher for a more elaborate circuit, such as my brush theory would most likely be.

The other option is to replace the motor with a more powerful component, however to get the most out of said motor measurements would need to be done on the weight of a striker, how much centrifugal force it generates, how much torque is needed to spin it, and the power drain of said motor. I'm sure if these measurements were done then the best all round motor could be found, or you could sacrifice one factor in favour of another, such as sacrificing battery longevity in favour of a higher RPM, or the previously mentioned torque RPM trade-off.

I also have a few questions about the new strikers, I don't expect these to be answered straight away since not much is known about them, but here goes nothing. Will the locking mechanism that keeps the top on the launcher until it is launched be the same, and if not how will it differ? It appears on those teaser images of the new strikers that the three magnets are absent, if so are magnets still used to affix the striker to the launcher or is there a mechanical method like with Beyblades? Also I understand the weight will differ greatly, but will the dimensions of the top differ by much? Will the surface area of the striker that actually makes contact with the opponent change by much?

Sorry for such a long post, I wanted to get all of my ideas written down so that I could start to develop them and I would like the comments and constructive criticism of the community to help develop such a concept. If the topic of this post is too far off the intended topic of conversation, I'll create a separate topic for this discussion.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 03, 2009

Quote:This means that it is relatively easy to tweak the launcher and be able to switch between a clockwise spinning top and a counter-clockwise spinning top at the flick of a switch.

This is dangerous. The Metal XS tops are designed only to spin clockwise. The recoil in counter-clockwise is far too high. This isn't a part of our game, for now.

Quote:I've also been thinking about replacing the magnets in the launcher with electromagnets, the main reason being that the jolt you need to release the top will destabilise it slightly, having an electromagnet release system would mean that the top could just drop without any other forces applied to it aside from gravity and the spin the launchers given it.

The cost for this is prohibitively high. We would have to raise the price of the Starter Set to a level where no one would buy it. In addition to that, releasing the Striker correctly is a part of the game, even if it does "destabilize" the Striker. It's up to you to launch in a manner that minimizes the destabilization. We've tested simply pressing a button to release, and in addition to the cost, it's quite boring.

Quote:However what I'd like to know is if this gearing system is needed for the launcher to still be able to spin, basically is the extra torque required to spin the top

Yes.

Quote:Will the locking mechanism that keeps the top on the launcher until it is launched be the same, and if not how will it differ? It appears on those teaser images of the new strikers that the three magnets are absent, if so are magnets still used to affix the striker to the launcher or is there a mechanical method like with Beyblades?

It is still magnetic. Instead of using three magnets, we use one stronger magnet. It will still work with the old Turbo Launcher, as well, so there is no breaking of compatibility there.

Quote:Will the surface area of the striker that actually makes contact with the opponent change by much?

Yes, it differs significantly. You're able to play with height a bit more as well.

Also, I'll address this now before someone brings it up. Metal XS and Series 2.0 (same architecture as Metal XS, but with plastic Weapons with embedded metal weight rings instead of full-metal Weapons) are not compatible with Series 1. We decided that the architecture used in Series 1 was severely limiting and in order to make the best game we could, we had to start from scratch.

I know this is going to be an issue for a lot of people, and honestly it is for me as well, but in the end it was a bitter thing we had to do. The game will be much better for it. We've settled into the new system and there is no plan to break compatibility again in the foreseeable future. As sort of an olive branch, we worked hard to find a way to make it continue to work with the old Launchers, and it works really well.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Minion - Dec. 03, 2009

I feel like a traitor coming to a beyblade forum to talk about a competing toy, are there plans for a striker forum, either personal or official? I realize there isn't much to talk about yet, but if this toy is as successful as beyblade, there will be much to talk about.

(Dec. 03, 2009  5:55 PM)Minion Wrote: I feel like a traitor coming to a beyblade forum to talk about a competing toy, are there plans for a striker forum, either personal or official? I realize there isn't much to talk about yet, but if this toy is as successful as beyblade, there will be much to talk about.

Well, I'm not the one to ask about it ... if there was a Battle Strikers forum run by us, the legal repercussions would cause it to be far too heavily moderated. Even at the current site, everything is moderated before it goes live.

If there was a fansite, we would give it our fully support, of course.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Reokie - Dec. 03, 2009

(Dec. 03, 2009  6:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I'm not the one to ask about it ... if there was a Battle Strikers forum run by us, the legal repercussions would cause it to be far too heavily moderated. Even at the current site, everything is moderated before it goes live.

I am not upset about the break of compatibility in place for a more customizable, and metal Striker. The same thing happened to beyblade and for what I see it was welcomed more that resented. But I also have a question: I have only been able to see two of the Metal XS Strikers, are the new ones going to have the Wings/Protrusions like on the plastic beyblades (Wings fanning out meant to attack your opponent), as opposed to some, I stress only some, Strikers with stylized rings, (A depiction of a tank, gauntlet) that don't look to seem to as much damage as the wings of plastic/HMS beyblades? I also love the customization factor thats getting thought into this, as it isn't regressing as some beyblade systems did. The magnetic control has to be my favorite, as I can believe Strikers getting insane RPMs through the use of magnets. I might Start or al least join a Strikers fan-forum certainly, as Strikers are much more in supply where I live than beyblades.

The designs are definitely more battle oriented. The original prototypes caused such a high recoil that they would fly across the room, so we had to tone it down a bit ... the result is a strategic, intense battle.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Minion - Dec. 03, 2009

(Dec. 03, 2009  6:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I'm not the one to ask about it ... if there was a Battle Strikers forum run by us, the legal repercussions would cause it to be far too heavily moderated. Even at the current site, everything is moderated before it goes live.

hrrmm this is what I was afraid of. I don't really have the know how to build, or the patience to moderate a forum, but at the same time I also don't want to sit around and wait for some awful free forum to rank as the top related site under the official one.

Well, if anyone wants to begin one, feel free to contact me and I will offer my support in an unofficial capacity.

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Reokie - Dec. 04, 2009

(Dec. 03, 2009  9:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The designs are definitely more battle oriented. The original prototypes caused such a high recoil that they would fly across the room, so we had to tone it down a bit ... the result is a strategic, intense battle.

Are you allowed to tell us if there are to be any new stadiums with Metal XS? Wink And will there be any samples of them too?

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - Bey Brad - Dec. 04, 2009

(Dec. 04, 2009  12:20 AM)Reokie Wrote: Are you allowed to tell us if there are to be any new stadiums with Metal XS? Wink And will there be any samples of them too?

I will be sending samples out to some specially selected fans soon.

Yes, I will talk about the new Arena for a bit. It is called the Knockout Arena, and I had a very large hand in working with the designers in designing it. So, I want to say thanks to the designers for giving me that opportunity to work so closely with them. We did a lot of testing and I have to say I'm very proud of the design.

We went from the square design to a round design. There is no "ridge" because we found that the current ridge was working as a ramp for the Metal XS tops and launching them out after every heavy hit, so it was no good at all. Each of the four "sides" (it's a circle, but you know what I mean!) has adjacent features. There are two curves in the wall that work to force the top back to the center of the Arena. You can throw your Striker at the wall and it will slide and hit the curve and loop back. It's super cool!

The second feature is the Knockout Zone. There are two walls that are cut-down to half-height. We really wanted to have the ability for knockouts, but when we took out the wall at a certain section, the Arena became flimsy, and as many Beybladers know, the tops can just fall out sometimes ... so the goal was, "How can we make it so KOs only occur intentionally?"

We tested a lot of methods, but cutting the wall in half worked really well. When hit with a fierce attack, the opposing Striker will hit the wall and because of the height of the wall combined with the weight balance of the Striker, it will bounce or topple over the wall and out of the Arena! How cool!

I'll see if I can get a picture for you guys soon. Cheers!

RE: Battle Strikers Discussion - _wO_Ow_ - Dec. 04, 2009

OMG this is soo cool! Now the battle striekrs will be better than mfb! can you tell me what the name of te ninja is? also is the control feature improved? Final question: When will you make youtube videos for metal xs