www.freshgame-z.com

Poll: Do you like it?

yes
44.44%
no
55.56%
Total: 100% 9 vote(s)
You could try something like http://www.serversfree.com/

The thing is that there should be a focus in your website. There are too many features you want, but most free web site hosts are not going to be great for them/won't offer them.

Plus, if you got someone to design it (as in hire someone) it would make it a lot easier, but this all depends on how dedicated you are to it. Free websites are usually used for personal things, and most business/professional ones are paid for.

Design aspects:
There are a few things I'd like to touch on [regarding the current website]
  • When you post on the website, make sure it looks professional. Incorrect grammar and punctuation deter people from going on or joining the site.
  • Color scheme needs work. Thing is that the site has a bright background, and the banner blends in a little too much. Blending is bad; a website needs contrast between the foreground and background. The way it looks right now is not very ascetically pleasing. Colors like orange, red, and yellow are horrible to read, and the odd contrast between blue and orange only hinder the color scheme. Plus, people are more likely to trust a professional looking website. I mean, who knows; the website could have been made to steal peoples information.
  • Signature sizes are huge. There needs to be a limit. If signatures are huge it's hard to see where the next post is. Plus, it's hard to distinguish between where the post ends and where the signature begins. Two dashes just ain't enough.
  • The front page needs to be interesting. There's just words- maybe add some photos, and remove the extra boxes of "title" and "add content here" spaces. This will help add to the professional look a website should have. Another thing- there needs to be a focal point. Make the concept of the website pop. Tell the person looking at it what the website is about in a/a few concise statement(s).
  • Never put too much on one page. Never put too little on one page either. The length and amount of content placed on a page should depend on the the topic. Too much is bad because no body really has the time to read it all. Too little and it looks like the page was a waste of time.
  • NEVER SAY WELCOME TO! Tongue_out Unless it is neatly done (like the WBO and their description of the website) NEVER, EVER, say WELCOME TO. XD
  • Create a banner for the site- sites without banners seem unprofessional. Plus, making a quick one should be easy, anyways. But make sure the logo looks okay- the logo is what represents the website, and without a good logo, you don't have a good website.
  • Make the color of visited links change color! This makes navigation a lot easier on the eyes and mind.
  • The background shouldn't change as you move from one part of the site to another. It should stay the same.
UPDATE: I've added a few new forums, developing rules right now.
(Apr. 20, 2014  4:14 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: You could try something like http://www.serversfree.com/

The thing is that there should be a focus in your website. There are too many features you want, but most free web site hosts are not going to be great for them/won't offer them.

Plus, if you got someone to design it (as in hire someone) it would make it a lot easier, but this all depends on how dedicated you are to it. Free websites are usually used for personal things, and most business/professional ones are paid for.

Design aspects:
There are a few things I'd like to touch on [regarding the current website]
  • When you post on the website, make sure it looks professional. Incorrect grammar and punctuation deter people from going on or joining the site.
  • Color scheme needs work. Thing is that the site has a bright background, and the banner blends in a little too much. Blending is bad; a website needs contrast between the foreground and background. The way it looks right now is not very ascetically pleasing. Colors like orange, red, and yellow are horrible to read, and the odd contrast between blue and orange only hinder the color scheme. Plus, people are more likely to trust a professional looking website. I mean, who knows; the website could have been made to steal peoples information.
  • Signature sizes are huge. There needs to be a limit. If signatures are huge it's hard to see where the next post is. Plus, it's hard to distinguish between where the post ends and where the signature begins. Two dashes just ain't enough.
  • The front page needs to be interesting. There's just words- maybe add some photos, and remove the extra boxes of "title" and "add content here" spaces. This will help add to the professional look a website should have. Another thing- there needs to be a focal point. Make the concept of the website pop. Tell the person looking at it what the website is about in a/a few concise statement(s).
  • Never put too much on one page. Never put too little on one page either. The length and amount of content placed on a page should depend on the the topic. Too much is bad because no body really has the time to read it all. Too little and it looks like the page was a waste of time.
  • NEVER SAY WELCOME TO! Tongue_out Unless it is neatly done (like the WBO and their description of the website) NEVER, EVER, say WELCOME TO. XD
  • Create a banner for the site- sites without banners seem unprofessional. Plus, making a quick one should be easy, anyways. But make sure the logo looks okay- the logo is what represents the website, and without a good logo, you don't have a good website.
  • Make the color of visited links change color! This makes navigation a lot easier on the eyes and mind.
  • The background shouldn't change as you move from one part of the site to another. It should stay the same.

I have a LOT to do...
Emperor, I added new forums to the site while you were gone.
I saw some yesterday.Any luck with advertising?
(Apr. 27, 2014  2:19 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote: I saw some yesterday.Any luck with advertising?

Not yet. Nobody's going on Unhappy
ULTIMATE BLAZE, is your username on the site Hunter?
Okay, stop discussion of stuff that should remain on that site on here. Posting updates is fine but keep everything else there or over private messages. I will close the thread if this continues.
(Apr. 29, 2014  1:44 AM)Tri Wrote: Okay, stop discussion of stuff that should remain on that site on here. Posting updates is fine but keep everything else there or over private messages. I will close the thread if this continues.

Therr he gors again...fine
(Apr. 29, 2014  1:33 AM)The Troll Wrote: ULTIMATE BLAZE, is your username on the site Hunter?

My Name is Hunter

Its Unfortunate that I do not have time to be on the site as much as I would like to.

Although if you do make me an admin i will try to take time out for the site.
(Apr. 30, 2014  5:48 PM)"Byxis Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2014  1:33 AM)The Troll Wrote: ULTIMATE BLAZE, is your username on the site Hunter?

My Name is Hunter

Its Unfortunate that I do not have time to be on the site as much as I would like to.

Although if you do make me an admin i will try to take time out for the site.
I'll make you an admin;The 3 Musketeers?
I literally just stated above to keep discussion of stuff like that on that site. I'm locking this thread. It'll still be in Your Creations but it won't be able to receive posts.