Zoids

umm. I might get one from Yuji Kaida and one from HMM then.
I do hope you know foxy that HMM is signifigantly different from the standard kits. The normal kits, most of which were produced by TOMY, are not very articulate or overly detailed, and are for the most part, powered by some type of motor for walking motions, lights, and gimmick features. HMMs are complete redesigns of the original TOMY kits made from the ground up by Kotobukiya. They have an insane amount of detail and beauty rivaled only by some of the higher class modeling kits avalaible out there, but they have no motor, and have a varied range of articulation, depedning on which one your purchase. Some are decent while others are incredible. The newer the HMM, the better the design.
I see. I am gonna save up money for them. As I said before.
^Perma-banned??? 0_o

Anyway, I finnaly built my HMM Godos. I am proud to say Hazel that this particular model seems to lack the loose piece fitting issue! =D. I will post a review soon for the kit
Yes, he is.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully any more re-releases they do of older molds will be equally rectified in that area.
How has Zoids been doing lately? I know Takara Tomy dropped it a while back, but is the company who started re-releasing sets (I want to say it's Kotobukiya) continued onwards?
Kotobukiya's HMM ZOIDS line is still going pretty strong - four more releases are currently slated, as far as I can recall. Response to the products has generally been positive.
Takara-TOMY holds no interest in Zoids basicly.

Because Takara-TOMY focuses alot on Transformers (and now beybalde too, haha), they seem to feel that they have no time to spend on marketing Zoids again. However, TT still considers the line to be profatable, so they leave virtualy all of today's Zoids related products up to 3rd party companies that TT has contracts with, such as Yamato, Revoltech, and Kotobukiya

The HMM Zoids line by Kotobukiya has been a great sucess. I believe this is there 6th year, and as Hazel said, the line has been doing very well, in a general scope of things.

For those who are interested, my HMM Godos Review (pardon me if it is amaturish);
http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm....ey=&#88104
hey im getting into zoids recently since I have an urge to make up a mistake I did in the past (Long story short i was 8 i had a model kit and wasted it now i regret it) and I want to start collecting them I also wanna get my hands on King Gojulas since it reminds me so much of the dragonzord and Kiryu so if anyone can help id like it
King Gojulas is an expensive kit, and a very big and somewhat complicated build. There are KGs from back in the 80s which will set you back a few hundred bucks, sometimes MIB examples go for almost $1000! And then there was the re-release back on 2009 that cost around $80 to $200, so just be prepared if that Zoid truely is your goal.
(May. 07, 2012  8:24 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: King Gojulas is an expensive kit, and a very big and somewhat complicated build. There are KGs from back in the 80s which will set you back a few hundred bucks, sometimes MIB examples go for almost $1000! And then there was the re-release back on 2009 that cost around $80 to $200, so just be prepared if that Zoid truely is your goal.

what should i get for say a beginner like myself?
ZOIDs model kits are not difficult to build by any stretch of the imagination, unless you're getting the Kotobukiya ones, which do require an intermediate level of skill to build properly.

Get whatever you can afford.
(May. 07, 2012  11:24 PM)Hazel Wrote: ZOIDs model kits are not difficult to build by any stretch of the imagination, unless you're getting the Kotobukiya ones, which do require an intermediate level of skill to build properly.

Get whatever you can afford.

Hmm thata kinda gonna be difficult for me dude I'll have to save my cash to buy a kit but i wanna start off small and work up til im ready for king Gojulas (seriously that thing looks awesome) But yeah and I hope so because last time i tried to put one together...well it didn't work too well....then again i was 8 when i had one...
If you're really unconfident in your modelling ability, completely avoid the Kotobukiya line until you're more sure of yourself and have experience.
(May. 08, 2012  4:48 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you're really unconfident in your modelling ability, completely avoid the Kotobukiya line until you're more sure of yourself and have experience.

well ok but how will i know if one is a Kotobukiya? O.O and um qhat would you reccomend to someone whos getting into it? is the liger zero good?
it should say HMM Kotobukiya on the box..

www.dalong.net

www.zoidspoison.com

I really really really want that HMM Liger Zero Panzer, but I'm ridiculously frugal with my money now. Those Cannon/Buster Tortoises and Molgas are pretty cute though.
(May. 08, 2012  5:18 PM)Clonetos Wrote:
(May. 08, 2012  4:48 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you're really unconfident in your modelling ability, completely avoid the Kotobukiya line until you're more sure of yourself and have experience.

well ok but how will i know if one is a Kotobukiya? O.O and um qhat would you reccomend to someone whos getting into it? is the liger zero good?

The non-Kotobukiya Gunsniper is a good beginner kit. Command Wolf is pretty easy, too. If you can handle them, then the larger non-Koto kits are viable for you.

(May. 08, 2012  9:57 PM)bugturtles Wrote: it should say HMM Kotobukiya on the box..

www.dalong.net

www.zoidspoison.com

I really really really want that HMM Liger Zero Panzer, but I'm ridiculously frugal with my money now. Those Cannon/Buster Tortoises and Molgas are pretty cute though.

thanks for reminding me that I don't have the lightning saix HMM or the money for it, buttgurgles ;-;
ZOIDS RCZ008 BARIGATER TS is this worth getting or worth mentioning in beginners area?

OR would a Demantis be good? Also how does the Zoids EVO drive Drive Model Kit Figure ZED-02 Gojuras Marine stand in terms of difficulty and worth?
I am not familiar with any of those, I'm afraid. If you could post images of them, though, I could tell you pretty much how difficult they are just by looking.

If they're classic ZOIDS kits, they're all just parts snapped on to a motor - you do very little actual work.
(May. 09, 2012  12:13 AM)Hazel Wrote: I am not familiar with any of those, I'm afraid. If you could post images of them, though, I could tell you pretty much how difficult they are just by looking.

If they're classic ZOIDS kits, they're all just parts snapped on to a motor - you do very little actual work.

demantis
the gator
mariner gojuras
All three of those look really easy, but the Gojulas is probably the most expensive of them, so you may want to get it last so you know you're comfortable with it.

Honestly, though, these kits are kind of idiot proof.
(May. 09, 2012  1:45 AM)Hazel Wrote: All three of those look really easy, but the Gojulas is probably the most expensive of them, so you may want to get it last so you know you're comfortable with it.

Honestly, though, these kits are kind of idiot proof.

Thanks well i kinda agree I WAS a idiot back then XD i still remember the zoid it was a yellow saber tooth tiger....I think I'll start with the gator since I like alligators and go for that gojulas last (seriously its a MARINE gojulas AWESOME!)
Well, if that Gojulas is from the Evo Drive series, it is already pre-built. I have seen this go for either dirt cheap or ridiculous prices. Frankly, if you actualy like to build, this is not worth having at all...A real Gojulas Mariner will set you back a few hundred...

Based on what you have said so far, it sounds like you should definatly avoid the larger kits and the more complicated ones for now.

Now between the other 2 you showed us...

Demantis is very simple and straight up. It is one of the few non-BLOX zoids that has no motor and can be posed. it comes with an extra mini figure, as well as a name plate. IMO, its a great little kit, especialy for begginers. You will never see an MIB example currently for more than $10 USD.

Now Barigator TS is a design revamp of the original Barigator. It was released back in '09, and I havent heard to much about it. I used to own a New American Release Barigator waaaaaaaaaay back in the day by hasbro, but he's long gone now...it was a great looking kit. Some pieces were a bit fragile, but then again, this was back at around '03 so who knows what terrible things I did to it, plus this sia desighn revamp. This guy shouldnt be complex, and Barigator TS should be around $20-$40 USD depending on where you look. A regular Barigator should be around $20, again, depending on who you buy from

You know, I remember putting together a Hasbro Rev Raptor when I was a kid.
Clonetos, I would actually suggest buying a handful of cheap HG Gundam kits and use that to "practice" if you are really unsure of your modeling abilities.

Trimming the runner frames / sanding / etc are techniques for plastic kits.

we can be sad together hazel, i don't have any HMMs to begin with ;-;