Wave Wide Defense Discussion

Sorry for the necro, but I've decided to test MF-H Basalt Bull 230W²D. It does pretty well.

MF-H Basalt Bull 230W²D VS Lightning L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Bull Win Rate - 90% (1KO, 8OSs)

MF-H Basalt Bull 230W²D VS MF-H Libra BD145CS
Standard Procedures
Basalt Bull Win Rate - 50% (5OSs)

MF-H Basalt Bull 230W²D VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Standard Procedures
Basalt Bull Win Rate - 90% (5KOs, 4OSs)

MF-H Basalt Bull 230W²D VS Libra CH145RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Bull Win Rate - 50% (5OSs)

Overall Win Rate - 70%

Not bad, eh?
(Apr. 20, 2011  3:41 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Comparisson would be nice

I don't own 2 CSs, so what Defense Bottom should I use?
The overall for CS is 93%.
I don't no why i am necroing threads if its illegal to do or something tell me to stop .

Hell Kerbecs BD145WD vs Hell Kerbecs BD145W2D
WD wins : 9 (6KO, 3OS)
W2D wins : 11 (all KO)
When W2D is knocked off balance it gets slightly aggressive and knocks WD out of the stadium , although it doesn't have as much stamina as WD as it was OS by like 4 seconds or so.
MR. N: I find it slightly unbelievable that a Lightning combo could get 10% while a carpy libra RF combo could get 50%.

Rusty:

There's nothing wrong with bumping if it's for a good reason which testing definately is.
Looking back, I find it unbelievable too. CS is better anyways.
Hell Kerbecs BD145WD vs Scythe Kronos 130W2D
WD wins :1 (1 KO)
W2D wins : 19(19 OS)
Scythe just kills it
What are those tests suppose to show us ?
(Oct. 01, 2011  10:57 AM)Vamasco_ Wrote: What are those tests suppose to show us ?

Scythe could be leveling out W2D cause whenever it leaned or was hit it didnt go aggro but more like an evasion
Could you test again but using same tracks on each bey ?
Hell ___ WD vs Scythe ____ W2D
And , what do you mean by " it didn't go aggro " ?
(Oct. 01, 2011  4:07 PM)Vamasco_ Wrote: Could you test again but using same tracks on each bey ?
Hell ___ WD vs Scythe ____ W2D
And , what do you mean by " it didn't go aggro " ?

Didn't go aggro means- Didn't get aggressive, i.e. it didn't move around in an attacking pattern. But, it moved out of the way of the bey on making contact. Hence more of an evasion. Smile
Thank you Janstarblast .
I do not have W2D but , is it normal to evade when it gets hit ?
But I do have WD , SD , D and DS . And , for my experience with those bottoms , only D and DS evade .
And most of the times , this " evasion " that they produce is not enough to counter attack types .
But Sniperâ„¢ , you were testing against a Stamina type . So maybe the recoil produced wasn't enough to evade ?
Does W2D have enough grip to the stadium floor to resist impacts ?
??? W²D lost 19-1...
(Oct. 01, 2011  4:27 PM)Vamasco_ Wrote: Thank you Janstarblast .
I do not have W2D but , is it normal to evade when it gets hit ?
But I do have WD , SD , D and DS . And , for my experience with those bottoms , only D and DS evade .
And most of the times , this " evasion " that they produce is not enough to counter attack types .
But Sniperâ„¢ , you were testing against a Stamina type . So maybe the recoil produced wasn't enough to evade ?
Does W2D have enough grip to the stadium floor to resist impacts ?

Even I don't have W2D. But, looking at its shape, it can evade. A sharp center surrounded by a flatter circumference. When it makes contact, the bey would tilt, resulting in the flatter part making contact, hence causing an evasive movement.
Such occurrences using WD, SD, and D are quite rare. The evasive movement is produced in DS, W2D and even CS. In case of CS, it may go aggro too.
Um, I think we are straying from topic. Smile
(Oct. 01, 2011  4:29 PM)Mr. N Wrote: ??? W²D lost 19-1...

XDXDXD made a mistake Corrected
(Oct. 01, 2011  4:32 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Even I don't have W2D. But, looking at its shape, it can evade. A sharp center surrounded by a flatter circumference. When it makes contact, the bey would tilt, resulting in the flatter part making contact, hence causing an evasive movement.
Such occurrences using WD, SD, and D are quite rare. The evasive movement is produced in DS, W2D and even CS. In case of CS, it may go aggro too.
Um, I think we are straying from topic. Smile
CS has rubber so it's more normal to go from passive to aggro .
But W2D has you said and explained , can turn to aggro .
But my main question , is :
If W2D can't take hits from an attack types , aggro or not , the result will end up as a KO to W2D .
I would love to see some tests of W2D vs CS .

(Oct. 01, 2011  4:26 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Hell Kerbecs BD145WD vs Scythe Kronos 130W2D
WD wins :1 (1 KO)
W2D wins : 19(19 OS)
Scythe just kills it

This proves nothing about W2D , it just states that Scythe beats hell which was established a while back.

Sorry about replying so late but if your glorifying scythe it should go in the Scythe thread.
So WD has better defense than W2D because W2D has a sharp tip and has space in between the waves