WBO, strict or not strict?

I would honestly say that yes, they are strict but not to the point where it is stupid but to the point that it is needed and I thank them for that. Also there is the fact that this forum is open to kids since Beyblade is a kids game so to be too strict would be unfair, especially when it comes down to the grammar, sure they ask that you do your best but they don't ask you to be perfect either.

Other than that I don't think I can say anymore than what hasn't been said already if this points haven't been said as well. XD
(Nov. 15, 2010  5:32 AM)Dan Wrote: I think this thread has reached its peak.
Just going to hear repeats, -which may all be true, but they are still repeats-
Or the occasional 'yo man dez gaiz suk, gunna uze d wolf cuz hes ma boii, we dun beat errybody out hur.' etc.
Just saying.
Also, I agree with Themailman, momiji and did the same thing blah did, too. :U
Dan's right, all we got here is two sides that will never agree, so we should just put this to bed.
well thats there job but yeah there quite strict
Actually, WBO is one of the most lenient forums I've been on. Even with moderating posts, A LOT of stupid comments tend to go unnoticed.
Basically, what we're are trying to do is have fun without anyone getting hurt. Wink

/2cents
I think Kai V and all the other Mods are doing a great job. They answer everyone's questions and they don't put up with any junk. And they don't tolerate ignorance. Ive been on other websites where the moderators didn't care. Im personally thankful to have mods who care. Thanks Mods.
well i think they should take the strickness thing down i little.so i reckon they r a bit 2 strict.
How are they too strict ?
People just don't do what they're told.
If they read the rules and use logic you'd find they aren't so strict.
Also making threads for questions and then getting them closed does NOT count as being strict.
After months of being here, more than ten posts from you, and even a tournament over, we expect you to actually know the way the board works, and that is completely reasonable on our part.

(He of course wrote that because he recently got warned for something ... )
(Jul. 19, 2010  10:26 PM)NY FaceHunter Wrote: i dont really think member of WBO are strict at all they just like things organized

Thats what made them strick!
and, what the heck is a dictator? O_O''
ever heard of google?

You can't complain about people being strict if you can't even google something yourself.

Be independent, information is all around you.

Besides, being organised does not equate to being strict
The WBO is NOT strict, nuff said.
Well, I can't speak with much authority on the subject, but I have been lurking for a week or so now and I have noticed some things about the staff here. They do seem a little strict, but I wouldn't say too strict. I find it curious that Kai-V (and probably the other staff. I'm still a newbie here) often makes posts to notify others that their posts were spam. I don't think that's a bad thing, I'm sure it helps keep the forum clean, it just feels a little out of the ordinary to me. From what I can see, the staff here is very professional and good at problem solving. And they let you know that they're STAFF. They demand respect to a certain extent, which is something I've seen other forums lack. And as far as members acting like mods, I don't think that's ever a bad thing if the mods are good. The mods here seem to be excellent at what they do, and it stands to reason that the members who act somewhat like moderators would emulate that. Good mods=good member-mods (Memods, maybe? xp). And it's also very clear here that rules are rules. Even if a member has been on a forum for years and is close with a lot of the members, if they don't respect the forum enough to follow the rules, they don't deserve to be spared from any kind of punishment. I've been on forums where the staff refuses to grow a backbone and reprimand a member simply because they're part of the community and everybody's known them for years. Even when the member is flaming and insulting the staff themselves. It's really sad.

Anyways, this seems like a good community with great staff and members, and a great place to learn about beyblades.
I haven't been here too long on the WBO, but I believe they are strict enough. Every day I see locked topic that could have been posted in the sticky topics(e.g Is so and so beyblade worth buying or make a combo out of these parts/blades). Or I see topics posting information that could be found with the search function. This is a good board and the mods and admins do a good job of stopping posts like the ones I mentioned above.
its not too strict, in fact, the WBO taught me how to man up in forums everywhere. but i think the forum has no humor. i know allowing cussing can cause disaster (trust me, i know) but without it, or even censored cussing, the forum is too bland. no one knows each other well, there is too much of momiji and kai-v proving people wrong and telling them that what they post "could be found somewhere else" or a laundry list of things you are wrong about in a 3 sentence post. i go to another forum, and it was made 2 or 3 years ago. everyone joined at around the same time, everyone knows each other. everyone loves jokes, new members either fit in or get their a** flammed out of the forum. there are so many new members here, no one knows each other well (except for tman14 who lives, like 15 mins. away from me) people get fussed at for saying "gay" in a non- offensive manner. LIGHTEN UP GUYS, IF YOU DONT HAVE HUMOR, U BETTA FIND U SUM!!!!

That is all
I apologise for correcting people who are wrong all the time. I can see how that could hinder the community.

Seriously though, it's to make users mroe independent and cut down on all the SPAM around. When you've been her for a long time it really gets on your nerves.

As for humour, it depends where you're looking, really. If you're looking under beyblade general, beyblade customisations and Beywiki, of course there will be no humour, as it's supposed to enrich learning. In the off-topic forums people tend to be more free IMO.

Also we all have a good laugh at things such as the "KIE V" thread.

I think as the forum grows (20 000+ members now) it's important to keep a more proffessional atmosphere, and not "flame" people out of the forum. That, I believe, is much mroe unwelcoming than correcting people.

Also, I really can't see how you can argue your point about prejudiced language. It may be okay in your group of friends however for many it is offensive language, especially as the word "gay" is typically used to describe something bad when used in a casual tone. If you do not see how that is offensive, you are far too immature.
You have a lot of good points. I can say no more. I dnt want to start arguments. I just wanted to express my opinion. Hope it somewhat helped.
I usedto think the Wbo was strict but that was like a month ago when i put abunch of threds in the wrong place and look what happened i got a warning level. But i read the rules and now im fine. Bottom line not strict!
is strict with the use of beystadiums ... I think it should be more flexible in that since many countries can not organize for not possessing the relevant beystdiums.
(Dec. 09, 2010  12:48 AM)Zer00t Wrote: is strict with the use of beystadiums ... I think it should be more flexible in that since many countries can not organize for not possessing the relevant beystdiums.
For your information, everyone here has to do exactly the same steps to get a Beystadium as the Spanish users would. And a lot of them succeed in buying one without any problem.
I beleive that this thread should be closed, every statement they make is false, incorrect and misleading. But thats my opinion. Its up to the mods to decide what they want to do with it...
I don't think its very strict. they just tell you if youre in the wrong place and tell you where to go. Thats not strict at all.
See? He knows what he is talking about...
Its the fair kind of strict.
(Dec. 09, 2010  1:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2010  12:48 AM)Zer00t Wrote: is strict with the use of beystadiums ... I think it should be more flexible in that since many countries can not organize for not possessing the relevant beystdiums.
For your information, everyone here has to do exactly the same steps to get a Beystadium as the Spanish users would. And a lot of them succeed in buying one without any problem.

if we can buy I'm obviously one of those... and two boys more ... but the rest can not ... at all because they can not buy online ... is also risky. I just bought Beyblades of England and the packet is lost ¬¬, same thing can happen to us with beystadio, and would be much money lost.

well I think after that the rules is good to maintain an order of play.

PD: but my problem, which I could not make an official tournament was that I did not know what format to make the tournament, because asking and answering never knew. As there is no problem.
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:29 AM)Zer00t Wrote: if we can buy I'm obviously one of those... and two boys more ... but the rest can not ... at all because they can not buy online ... is also risky. I just bought Beyblades of England and the packet is lost ¬¬, same thing can happen to us with beystadio, and would be much money lost.

well I think after that the rules is good to maintain an order of play.

PD: but my problem, which I could not make an official tournament was that I did not know what format to make the tournament, because asking and answering never knew. As there is no problem.
Always make sure to use registered mailing options if available. Sometimes packages get lost but not always.

Format ? If you mean in terms of what Beyblades to use, Standard Format is really the best right now. It only includes Metal Fight Beyblades/Beyblade Metal Fusion, and almost everybody has those right now and they are easily available in most local toy stores.
If you were referring to the structure of the tournament itself, then it depends how many participants you have. If you do not have more than sixteen, then just use the Round Robin, which consists of everyone playing against every other Blader once, and the top three is decided based on the number of victories each person has.