WBO's first ever GRAPHIC BATTLE

(Jun. 22, 2011  4:32 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Nice criticism! Kai-V, I am just asking, but will you be voting?

Anyways, I just realized that number one had a good sense on the white lines. Too bad I can't change my vote.

I had too much criticism for each, so no, I have no vote.
Considering I put forth only around five minutes of procrastinative
(if that's even a word) effort on mine, I think Kai-V's criticism was spot-on. I appreciate it, I'll keep it under consideration next time I make something.
I"m really starting to think that No.3 will win Confused
I appreciate the criticism, Kai-V! I'm still mastering what I have with me to work with, so criticism is much appreciated. Using Image Tricks Lite to compete with Photoshop sigs is pretty difficult. I'm still trying to learn how to make all of my additional images blend well with the background.
It has come to my attention now that I have to vote for two even though I do not believe any of the others are as good as the third I choose the first as the pokemon are in cooler poses.
Thanks, Rowdog. Why is nobody reading the OP? I said to VOTE FOR TWO. 2. NOT 1, 2. A few voters didn't realize that everybody else voted for 2 and only voted for one.
i vote for 1 and 3.

1: the pokeball looks nice. i can guess who made this. the pokemons was placed awesomely, but like what Kai-v said, i can see the white lines(are you using photoshop's outer glow or something?)

3:a nice blend to the pokemons. I also liked the edges disappearing to the background.
I'm voting for the 1st and 3rd.

Better design and technique all round compared to the others.
(Jun. 22, 2011  2:18 PM)DX Wrote: but like what Kai-v said, i can see the white lines(are you using photoshop's outer glow or something?)

I am quite certain that is not an Outer Glow, if you are referring to the white around the Pokémon.
(Jun. 22, 2011  4:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I used to give a lot of constructive criticism on Ty Kamara, I wonder if I can get people to improve too ...

You used the default grass brushes on Photoshop or something like that ? It shows. There is no connection between the background and the stock pictures; if you wanted grass, you could have manipulated the image so that they were lying on the grass, they were cutting grass with some of it swirling around them, etc. The pictures are badly cut, you can clearly see all the white around them, it is not unified. The Pokéball seems 'random', and the text is completely irrelevant : if you have nothing to write, do not write anything.

OK, but badly executed. The background could have so much more quality and definition than that, and it quickly becomes too boring and simple to me. The Pokémon around Celebi are not connecting with it, therefore I have no idea why they are forming a circle around it.

Again, none of them are really interacting, nor are they connecting with the background. Why are there black and green squares in the background ? They have no point, and neither does the line pattern, apparently.

I suppose Pokémon is indeed like that, but not all the time, and personally I think that a very repetitive background for a signature picture is bad. It is so repetitive that it gives nothing special to the overall image, it does not unify anything. I think the text would have been better if there was no shadow.

White grass, random lines in the background, one of the Pokémon seemingly surfing on them ? Celebi is very blurry for no reason. It also just looks like several Pokémon put on a background, nothing extra.

Thank you.
We/I will be sure to follow your advice.
(Jun. 22, 2011  3:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2011  2:18 PM)DX Wrote: but like what Kai-v said, i can see the white lines(are you using photoshop's outer glow or something?)

I am quite certain that is not an Outer Glow, if you are referring to the white around the Pokémon.

I think it's just a really bad stroke, and it's so small it looks like an outline.
(Jun. 22, 2011  1:43 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I appreciate the criticism, Kai-V! I'm still mastering what I have with me to work with, so criticism is much appreciated. Using Image Tricks Lite to compete with Photoshop sigs is pretty difficult. I'm still trying to learn how to make all of my additional images blend well with the background.

I suggest using Paint.NET if you want a good alternative. It's free and with enough skill, you can make it look really nice. And there are a lot of tutorials (a whole forum for them) for it too.
NoodooSoup, I have a Macbook.... No Windows external drive either.

PEOPLE, ONLY 1 DAY LEFT TO VOTE! GET THOSE VOTES IN BEFORE FRIDAY, 5:43 PM EST!!!!!
Sorry for double post, but ONLY 6 1/2 HOURS LEFT TILL VOTING IS OVER! VOTE WHILE YOU CAN! The votes will be counted, and first and second place will be announced around 6 PM EST!
I like the first entry, though they're all great. It stands out to me because I like how the Pokemon are all lined up on either side of the poke-ball. And with the...aura(?) effect, the picture increases in awesomeness.

I also like the fifth entry as well.
I have to say #1 because it's art style is the way I like it, so I say 1.
All voting is done now! First place goes to:
#1!
Congrats NoodooSoup!
Second place goes to #3!
Congrats Greimatter!
(Jun. 24, 2011  11:47 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: All voting is done now! First place goes to:
#1!
Congrats NoodooSoup!
Second place goes to #3!
Congrats Greimatter!

Gasp I really thought Greimatter was going to win this one! I personally liked his better, but, I'm really happy right now Grin
Congrats to NoodooSoup for winning and Greitmatter for placing Joyful_3
Congrats Noodosoup! No doubt you put more effort into yours than I did to mine. xD
Congrats Grei and Noodoosoup!
Just wondering who made which sigs?
(Jun. 25, 2011  4:33 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2011  1:23 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Congrats Grei and Noodoosoup!

Just wondering who made which sigs?

#1 - NoodooSoup
#2 - Ga'Hooleone
#3 - Greimatter
#4 - TheFireWyrm
#5 - Nano

Am I right?
Entry 3, the effects are out of this world.