Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

WBO Writing-Help It
Temporal

Upper Dragon
Antique Face

True, and the better ones would be in this "WBO Library" if it works.

[Image: RefluxFiction.jpg]
Sep 10 2011 08:08 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
.:J:.

Beserk Masquerade

Hehe, i can imagine mine now... but also I think it would be good if in the library it only showed the proper reviews and a rating for the altogether story...

[Image: header.jpg]
Sep 10 2011 08:10 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Deikailo

Call me Toast
BeyRank: #36 (1,449)
Bronze FaceRoyal FaceL Drago FaceAmber FaceDJ FaceDragoon FaceDranzer FaceFace of WarAntique FaceRose Gold FaceAquila FaceMetal FaceEmerald FaceDriger FaceGaia Dragoon FaceSapphire FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBronze FacePrize Hunter FaceSilver FaceSagittario FaceWolborg FaceUnicorno FaceRuby FaceFace of Days IIGold FaceGold FacePhoenix FaceGemios FaceSea Dragon FaceSilver FacePegasis FaceGold FaceBlaze FaceOnyx FaceBronze FaceGold FacePrize Hunter FaceAries FaceLacerta FaceQuetzalcoatl FaceGold FaceHerculeo FaceGold FaceChimera FaceAquila FaceByxis FaceBull FaceEscolpio FaceGold Face

(Sep 10 2011 08:08 PM)Temporal Wrote:  True, and the better ones would be in this "WBO Library" if it works.
Obviously it would have to be good, which is why I stated that only approved work would be available.
Sep 10 2011 09:55 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sparta

That author guy
Rose Gold FaceDranzer FaceBloody Devil Face

We would have to have a judge of what's good...and people don't always agree on things...

Unless it is clear that a majority like it. Then it deserves a place there. Maybe if you have a story you want to be put in there, you make a thread for it and in []<those things (forget what they are) you put [Audition]. If the judge deems it worthy, he/she will put it in there (To even qualify, at least 5 one page chapters must be typed up). Every time the writer updates the story, he/she will add it to their story in the "Library." Either that, or in it there are links to the story threads. That might be easier...

[Image: eminemsignew.png]
"Life isn't about how hard you can hit;
it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward"

{[YT]} [|BEYBLOG|] (◊SoG-My Book◊)/<DA>\
Sep 10 2011 10:32 PM
Deikailo

Call me Toast
Bronze FaceRoyal FaceL Drago FaceAmber FaceDJ FaceDragoon FaceDranzer FaceFace of WarAntique FaceRose Gold FaceAquila FaceMetal FaceEmerald FaceDriger FaceGaia Dragoon FaceSapphire FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBronze FacePrize Hunter FaceSilver FaceSagittario FaceWolborg FaceUnicorno FaceRuby FaceFace of Days IIGold FaceGold FacePhoenix FaceGemios FaceSea Dragon FaceSilver FacePegasis FaceGold FaceBlaze FaceOnyx FaceBronze FaceGold FacePrize Hunter FaceAries FaceLacerta FaceQuetzalcoatl FaceGold FaceHerculeo FaceGold FaceChimera FaceAquila FaceByxis FaceBull FaceEscolpio FaceGold Face

(Sep 10 2011 10:32 PM)Sparta Wrote:  We would have to have a judge of what's good...and people don't always agree on things...

Unless it is clear that a majority like it. Then it deserves a place there. Maybe if you have a story you want to be put in there, you make a thread for it and in []<those things (forget what they are) you put [Audition]. If the judge deems it worthy, he/she will put it in there (To even qualify, at least 5 one page chapters must be typed up). Every time the writer updates the story, he/she will add it to their story in the "Library." Either that, or in it there are links to the story threads. That might be easier...
And this is why the Your Creations forum is down the toilet. Why would you create a thread when you already have a thread for your story? It's redundant.
Sep 10 2011 10:44 PM

Deikailo, your idea on one thread for everything is great. But, isn't there a limit to how many spoilers can be in one post? I'm not sure, though.

On the Library topic, that'd be a good idea, but what mod would do that? They're pretty busy already :/

[Image: 1zp3yoi.png]
"Yeah we're all going the same way down. I'm just trying to write it all down." - The Airborne Toxic Event
Sep 10 2011 10:51 PM
Deikailo

Call me Toast

(Sep 10 2011 10:51 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:  Deikailo, your idea on one thread for everything is great. But, isn't there a limit to how many spoilers can be in one post? I'm not sure, though.

On the Library topic, that'd be a good idea, but what mod would do that? They're pretty busy already :/
Moderators can be added to specific forums and subforums. Even if the committee doesn't feel like adding a moderator, they could just have someone volunteer to manage it, their thread gets stickied, and they continuously update the OP.

If there should be a thread like that, then would it not make sense to just post "hey I just finished my story. Many people tell me it's good. Is it worth posting in the library? The Title is _____ and the link to my thread is *link*" Not hard.
Sep 10 2011 10:55 PM
Sparta

That author guy

I think it would be easier for for someone to else do it-one less thing for them to worry about. Besides, how much do mods know about flow and character development? Maybe a good writer-say, Temporal-should run it. Besides, it's better if one person does it. This way, everyone gets fair judgement.

Unless there should be 2 people to run it. Then ControL_, perhaps.

Sep 11 2011 12:25 AM
Synth

Kyūkyoku no gādian
Anniversary Face 2012Beafowl Face

@ temporal:

all i'm saying is 1 post is enough. All of you last time (technically) bullied this kid with harsh comments. I think thats the problem.

[Image: avatar_28242.png?dateline=1399707494]
Follow the White Rabbit
Follow me on Twitter: @SynthGraphics
Some stuff! (Click to View)
Sep 11 2011 01:36 AM
Sparta

That author guy

I tried not to. I said what I wanted to, then backed it up by asking if he wanted help.

Sep 11 2011 01:44 AM
Synth

Kyūkyoku no gādian

whatever the case is, we need to fix it. ALL OF IT.

Who cares if they have bad grammar? they will improve thru time. Who cares if they have bad spelling? they can read books to improve their vocabulary. Who cares if they make a story? ITS THEIR LIFE.

If I were the mods, I will Warn people who are harsh. It's part of the rules: RESPECT

Follow the White Rabbit
Sep 11 2011 03:53 AM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #532 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

What was posted in the topic I closed was definitely bad manner and clearly needs to be changed.

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Sep 11 2011 03:55 AM

You know who cares if they have bad grammar or spelling? Publishers. Yeah, a lot of people want to get their stories published; not going to happen unless they put effort into making it look nice. Who cares if they make a story? The people that want to stop seeing bad writing; the people that want them to improve, something a lot of people refuse to do.

Plus, it's not hard at all to type with proper grammar and spelling. Not so good at grammar? Pay attention in English class. Not so good at spelling? Get a browser that has a spell check built in; Google Chrome and Firefox both have one.

That is all I ask for. Make it look nice, and it'll be 10 times better. I can't stand bad grammar in my life outside the internet, and I can't stand it on the internet. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but getting your grammar and spelling on lock now, will help you so much later in life.

"Yeah we're all going the same way down. I'm just trying to write it all down." - The Airborne Toxic Event
Sep 11 2011 04:03 AM
Dr. Peace

Quack Doctor
BeyRank: #816 (1,071)
DJ FaceGemios FaceGold Face
(This post was last modified: Sep 11 2011 06:12 AM by Dr. Peace.)
well, mistakes is a stepping stone for those who want to succeed. We once face that problems where we all make the same mistake as theirs. As one of the people who usually make mistakes, it is quite hard to accept a harsh comment. That is why i think between each comment should slip a little praise for their hard work. that is what i think and what Dex is saying. Even Kai-V has stated that is her last reply. Deikailo's opinion is quite interesting. Even though this website is basically about beyblade, the admin has given us the opportunity to express our creativity in your creation forum. Either story or graphics, both are done using their own creativity. In order to gain respect for our work, at least we should respect others hard work before they respect us...

[Image: peacesigv3.png]
a special thanks to....
-SDamonCronous for the awesome sig and avatar
Sep 11 2011 04:35 AM
Synth

Kyūkyoku no gādian

@Noodo

its still the case of ganging up a dude. I mean, c'mon, almost 10 members taking down 1. Serioulsy, one word is enough.

AND, not most people want their stories publish... Like me :/

Follow the White Rabbit
Sep 11 2011 06:08 AM
Temporal

Upper Dragon
Antique Face

Sure, they're stepping stones when they improve. Otherwise, it is plain annoying. Slipping praise to a story that has nothing to praise is counter-productive, and is the main reason bad stories continue. I respect effort. If you make no effort to make a story readable, I will say so. Maybe I need to tone it down, I'm working on it. But the words are apt. If something sucks, it sucks, that's all there is to it. Sure, I'll work on not being so blunt, but I'm not going to praise a story that does not deserve praise. Like people who praised "The Crazy Story", that garbage that Breilyranger made. Roan said it himself, it made him sick to read. The reason it did was because it continued due to seriously flawed support. That shouldn't happen. Bad stories are simply bad. Not excusing any of the unnecessary posts, including mine, but praising a bad story is too far. SLow on the criticism? I'm all for it. Past that, nah, I'll pass.

[Image: RefluxFiction.jpg]
Sep 11 2011 06:14 AM
S.D.C

Scientia est Vox
BeyRank: #513 (1,121)
DJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceBlaze FaceAquila FaceRose Gold Face

I try to keep out of these sort of conversations, or all conflicts in general. But as a fellow writer I feel it is my duty to help out here.
The state of stories in the 'Your Creations' forums is horrid, I think we all agree on that. But I also agree that sometimes people are too harsh. Sure, if a story is really bad it is bad.
Bad spelling, bad grammer and a bad plot. It sounds like it was written by a 6 year old. Children's story books are written better.
This does not mean people have to post saying:
'This story is bad, it has no creativity whatsoever and almost every word is spelt wrong. Grammer is so poor I want to throw up and it is a rip off of another story I have read. Stop writing this now.'
I have seen stuff like that. If a story is bad, do what I do. Don't post on it. If no one posts in a thread the writer will eventually get bored and just stop. That has nearly happened to me a few times with my story (although I hope it is not as bad as some of the aforementioned ones). By posting you bring their bad story to the top of the list of threads and makes it more visible, while good stories get bumped down. If you don't post the story will not get bumped up and will be forgotten (hopefully). If you only post on threads that contain good stories, then the people who own those stories will be encouraged to keep writing while bad writers will be discouraged without even saying a word.
Just a suggestion. I'll probably disappear from this conversation for a while now, as I said earlier I prefer to steer away from these sorts of topics. They never end well for anyone (in my experience anyway).

Sep 11 2011 09:58 AM
Sparta

That author guy

@SDC It's a good idea, but I have one problem: The reason I post in the first place is because I want them to improve. If no one posts on the story, they won't get criticism and won't improve. I feel that, as a writer, it's almost my job to help people get better at and be the best they can be.

Sep 11 2011 04:08 PM

And we don't want them to stop. We (at least I) want them to improve. Otherwise they'll quit and be at the same level.

Sep 11 2011 10:44 PM
Mickey

BLADERKENBLADERKENBL
BeyRank: #1,735 (1,006)
Brad FaceFace of Days IIIAverazer FaceStriker Face

There should be a rule where if you have a new chapter, you should edit your thread and put it there. I've seen people who caught my eye with a great title, so when i click on it, it turns out to be past chapter one, so I have to check their thread history and find it.
Sep 12 2011 01:30 AM