WBO Times-Out of business. FOR LEASE

There are now spots open on the staff. Those who would like to try out for an open position should send me a PM with a sample of your skills. Good luck to all!

We currently have 1 newspaper published ->
For now, the staff is:
Sparta-Creator and writer
Titan Blader-Article Writer
Darkangelkaieru-Interviewer
HorogiumX- Editor
Open-Comic maker
Open-Signature Maker (Even months)
Bigbangpegasis9-Signature Maker (Odd Months)
Open-Sports Writer
NightWolf7919-Testing article writer
Open-Substitute
WhyD125-Combo Writer
Poison pegasus- Episode Rater
Reminder: In trying out for a position, the only factor I will consider is how well you can accomplish the task. I will have no favoritism towards anyone.
i can help.in anything interviews what ever .except for anything that involes art.
What I could do for the WBO Times: I could write and edit.
Why do I want to join the WBO Times: Beacause it's fun!
Wait, why a newspaper when everything is already written on the site?
(Feb. 26, 2011  11:18 PM)darkangelkaieru Wrote: i can help.in anything interviews what ever .except for anything that involes art.
You will be our reporter. Each week look for something cool that happens or someone and interview them via PM
(Feb. 26, 2011  11:20 PM)L-Drago rules Wrote: What I could do for the WBO Times: I could write and edit.
Why do I want to join the WBO Times: Beacause it's fun!

You will be the official editor. BTW I am one of the three official writers.

We need a comic maker.....Myth?
(Feb. 26, 2011  11:21 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Wait, why a newspaper when everything is already written on the site?

I mean like a newspaper, like the new york times! Sure, most people would know if there was a shooting- but the newspaper writes out the event and publishes it. For example, for the first paper I'm going to write an article on The New BMF- and how it compares to the old beyblade. Sire there may already be a thread for that but this is one big newspaper where you can find the latest, the hip, the happenin', all the good insider scoops on the WBO. Darkangel may interview Kai-V and talk to her about how it is to own the WBO. You know?

EDIT: The only people we now need to write the first ever WBO newspaper is:
*1 more main article writer (he/she needs to be a sports writer-I.E. what's happening with WBO tournaments)
*1 Comic maker
*1 Signature maker (each week he/she will make a wondrous piece of art reflecting how the week went)
*I guess 1 substitute (In case anyone forgets to write an article or comic)
That will bring the grand total of the staff to 7. That's a big staff!!!
Then that will be our staff. NO ONE else. Sorry to be mean, but the staff is big enough as it is. People are going to have to make a commitment to this newspaper. Besides, everyone is going to have 2 PM me what they've done by the end of each week and by sunday I will put the finished product here.
Oh,this is going to be very exciting
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:13 AM)cyberpegasis98 Wrote: Oh,this is going to be very exiting

Thanks. But the first paper can't be made until we have a completed staff Unhappy. Hopefully that won't be too long from now.
I could be a Signature Maker.
Check out my thread to see my work, also check out my sig.
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:20 AM)AxBlader Wrote: I could be a Signature Maker.
Check out my thread to see my work, also check out my sig.

Haha. Hold on I may have already asked Jacksonian but he may decline. So for now I'll put you down since you contacted me before he has.
Thank you SOOO Much!!!!!
What kind of sig. should I make?
I can be the subtitute, but I might not be able to make comics. I don't really know how to post pictures.
I have a suggestion: Why don't you make a section called "Testing News" and make it be an article of the newest testing and best parts available. There could also be like a Q&A section, like "Ask _____" or something like that
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:24 AM)AxBlader Wrote: Thank you SOOO Much!!!!!
What kind of sig. should I make?

Depends. For example, since this week a lot of changes were made, you could symbolize that by showing a WBO symbol then an arrow pointing to a different one. Or something along those lines.

Or the sig could be completely meaningless, and could just be cool to look at. It is really up to you.

Here's a new idea: Every week I will take 2, and only 2, advertisements. I will put them in at the end of the paper. For example, if you want to advertise your story I could put something near the back saying "Like good writing? Read [insert username here]'s story: [insert story with hyperlink to it here]".
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:27 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: I have a suggestion: Why don't you make a section called "Testing News" and make it be an article of the newest testing and best parts available. There could also be like a Q&A section, like "Ask _____" or something like that

I've read your stories, and they're good. So if you want to do that, you could be a part of the staff!
Sounds pretty cool! Can I have a fancy name like "Master Textual Engineer," I don't know just sounds like a cool name... so, are we going to have like a staff meeting or something soon?
You should put a combination of the week. Like one week would be Gravity Perseus R145RF and it would explain the traits of this customization. I could do that Wink
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:32 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: Sounds pretty cool! Can I have a fancy name like "Master Textual Engineer," I don't know just sounds like a cool name... so, are we going to have like a staff meeting or something soon?

Umm.... at the bottom of the articles I was going to put: By [insert article maker here]. If you want a fancy name, I'll just put that then in parentheses I will put Nightwolf. Is that ok? Also, are you sure you are going to commit to this?
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:33 AM)WhyD125 Wrote: You should put a combination of the week. Like one week would be Gravity Perseus R145RF and it would explain the traits of this customization. I could do that Wink

I sent you a PM. But this could be cool...
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:35 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:32 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: Sounds pretty cool! Can I have a fancy name like "Master Textual Engineer," I don't know just sounds like a cool name... so, are we going to have like a staff meeting or something soon?

Umm.... at the bottom of the articles I was going to put: By [insert article maker here]. If you want a fancy name, I'll just put that then in parentheses I will put Nightwolf. Is that ok? Also, are you sure you are going to commit to this?

I think I can handle it, I was on my school newspaper in High School reporting stories, so I have somewhat good knowledge of the subject
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:36 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:35 AM)Sparta Wrote:

I think I can handle it, I was on my school newspaper in High School reporting stories, so I have somewhat good knowledge of the subject

I meant this was a pretty big commitment. As in I've closed all of my WBO stories so I have time for this (the again, I'm the manager so...). But I'm glad to hear you have experience.
It is odd that nobody told me I was going to be interviewed, but apparently I am ...

Are you actually going to print this on paper, or are we talking about a virtual newspaper ? Anyway, it should be a .pdf, and also try to have a certain standard of quality ...
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is odd that nobody told me I was going to be interviewed, but apparently I am ...

Are you actually going to print this on paper, or are we talking about a virtual newspaper ? Anyway, it should be a .pdf, and also try to have a certain standard of quality ...

Virtual. It is going to be laid out like:
[hyperlinked] Here's the paper for [date]. (I will then put a main feature here, like a front page type of thing)
The hyperlink will bring you to a page on a site I'm working on for the paper (I'm currently selecting a host. It's actually going to be a site made for newspapers). So if you want it directly, you can go to the site!

As for your interview.....Darkangel may ask you a few questions through a series of PM's. No biggie.
What's spots do you have avaliable ? I looked, but I don't know if your inFo is updated or not. Smile
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:54 AM)aries blader Wrote: What's spots do you have avaliable ? I looked, but I don't know if your inFo is updated or not. Smile

It's updated DW.
well u know on papers they have this selling section u could put dimsum2u on there, just PM him about it
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:57 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:54 AM)aries blader Wrote: What's spots do you have avaliable ? I looked, but I don't know if your inFo is updated or not. Smile

It's updated DW.

Can I apply for the tourney writer then?
(Feb. 27, 2011  2:00 AM)aries blader Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2011  1:57 AM)Sparta Wrote:

It's updated DW.

Can I apply for the tourney writer then?

I know I ask everyone, but are you sure? This is a major commitment.