WBO Rules Booklet Release 3 Out!

Release 3 of the WBO Rules Booklet is out! Here is an outline of the major changes:

Due to some confusion about how the points worked in the BeyBattle system, I've rewritten and renamed the format so people will hopefully be less confused. The new system is the 3V (Three Victory) System.

A new tournament format has been added, the Round Robin Block System. This is for use when there isn't enough time/there are too many competitors for a full Round Robin. Tie-breaking information has also been added.

The following has been added to the Ten Battles per Week per Couple rule:

This rule does not apply to battles that occur at WBO events, whether they be part of a tournament or not. Battles occurring at a WBO event do not count towards the ten battle limit.

That's everything! Please read the new rules carefully.

http://worldbeyblade.org/wborules.pdf
(Feb. 14, 2009  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This rule does not apply to battles that occur at WBO events, whether they be part of a tournament or not. Battles occurring at a WBO event do not count towards the ten battle limit.

Really? So, for example, I could battle you 50 times at BWR inside of the tournament area and they would all still count? If this is not the case, perhaps it should be reworded to this or something similar:

This rule does not apply to battles that occur at WBO events, whether they be part of a tournament or not. Battles occurring during a WBO event as part of the tournament do not count towards the ten battle limit.
(Feb. 14, 2009  2:55 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2009  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This rule does not apply to battles that occur at WBO events, whether they be part of a tournament or not. Battles occurring at a WBO event do not count towards the ten battle limit.

Really? So, for example, I could battle you 50 times at BWR inside of the tournament area and they would all still count? If this is not the case, perhaps it should be reworded to this or something similar:

This rule does not apply to battles that occur at WBO events, whether they be part of a tournament or not. Battles occurring during a WBO event as part of the tournament do not count towards the ten battle limit.

No, the way I wrote it is correct. People should be able to battle as much as they want at an event like this. The rule was originally put in place to prevent people who live near each other from spamming points.
Ah, alright. I'm glad. It's makes sense and people who don't get to battle other Bladers often will have a good chance to do so at WBO events. Smile
(Feb. 14, 2009  3:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Ah, alright. I'm glad. It's makes sense and people who don't get to battle other Bladers often will have a good chance to do so at WBO events. Smile

This is the goal. I don't want people to travel across the country and then have their battles cut short!
Thats good then because I doubt I will have anyone to battle against at other times except events. Going to have to try get a lot of battles in at Spinoff, will to have to take a big pad of paper with me to keep track of my battles lol.
This was written really well, it was clear and pretty straight-forward. I like the idea of the Round Robin Block System, it definately cuts down on time and is more efficient. It reminds of how they did touraments in the anime Wink
Nice additions to the rules =). I agree 100%.
(Feb. 14, 2009  3:06 AM)Blitz Wrote: Thats good then because I doubt I will have anyone to battle against at other times except events. Going to have to try get a lot of battles in at Spinoff, will to have to take a big pad of paper with me to keep track of my battles lol.

I've been meaning to release WBO Battle Records that people can print off and use. I will soon.
Lol like Hasbro used to. Liking the new rules , Brad
This place just gets better and better...imagine if at the end of 2009 we have 1,000,000 subscribers, lol.

I like the new Round Robin Block System...much easier for the youngers to understand, its cool to make me think we are competing in a BBA Tournament.
This'll definitely come in handy for my league at school.I was thinking of throwing a tournament soon,so it's good to know that someone has some solid rules down.Thanks!