WBO Book Official Discussion

@[Kai-V], since its grown to be one of the most active regions with events, would I be able to write an (smaller) article about CT?
Do you know what you should definitely get a mention, even if it's brief? Beylon's Formula Bei; he put a lot of work and effort into it, a lot of us really enjoyed reading it, including me!
(Jan. 19, 2015  1:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: @[Kai-V], since its grown to be one of the most active regions with events, would I be able to write an (smaller) article about CT?

For the moment, we will only plan to have articles on regions like New York, Toronto and London, and additions of other areas will depend on how big the other articles end up being. It would be awesome to have descriptions of each region where there ever was a World Beyblade Organization tournament, but realistically, it may not be possible due to space. If it does look like we can include other areas though, I will definitely contact you for Connecticut.
(Jan. 19, 2015  3:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2015  1:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: @[Kai-V], since its grown to be one of the most active regions with events, would I be able to write an (smaller) article about CT?

For the moment, we will only plan to have articles on regions like New York, Toronto and London, and additions of other areas will depend on how big the other articles end up being. It would be awesome to have descriptions of each region where there ever was a World Beyblade Organization tournament, but realistically, it may not be possible due to space. If it does look like we can include other areas though, I will definitely contact you for Connecticut.

Thanks.

I think something cool would be a section on Revolution and GBT2's Qualifier Winners talking about traveling, meeting people, competing, etc.
I could do one on Illinois, if we're including smaller tournament scenes in here.
What about a "testimonials" section.

... and maybe a section on WBO trivia/fun facts. Actually, even better than a separate section, it'd be cool to have little snippets scattered throughout the whole book!
(Jan. 19, 2015  2:56 AM)Shido Wrote: By the way, Kei, Ink's comics are still up there. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Comic-Strip--34100

Oh weird, I thought he said the links were broken. In any case, we need high resolution scans for the book if we want to include them; those aren't large enough for print.
So with this finalized for the time being, I put the finishing touches on my Limited list. It was a bit more difficult than Standard because not everything revolves around Dragooon and the Synchrom DX Sets, haha.

MFB Limited
• BB-43 Lightning L-Drago 100HF
• BB-55 Dark Cancer CH120SF/Dark Gasher CH120FS
• BB-60 Earth Virgo GB145BS
• BB-76 Galaxy Pegasis DX Set
• BB-78A Rock Zurafa R145WB & BB-131 Torch Gemios W105CS (Crushing Blast Faceoff)
• BB-96 Super Deck Set
• BB-98 Ultimate L-Drago Reshuffle Set
• BB-100 Killer Beafowl/Evil Befall UW145EWD
• BB-102 Screw Capricorne 90MF
• BB-109 Tornado Horuseus 130RSF
• BB-109 Beat Lynx TH170WD
• BB-115 Beylauncher LR
• BB-116 Jade Jupiter S130RB
• BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D
• BB-122 Bakushin Susanow 90WF
• BB-150 Scythe Kronos T125EDS (Metal Fury)
• BB-160 Duo Ice-Titan 230WD
• BB-M28 Omega Dragonis 85XF
• BBG-01 Samurai Ifraid W145CF
• BBG-14/15 Metal Stone Face Custom Ver.
• BBG-16 Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF/Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF
• BBG-23 Bandid Genbull F230TB/Bandit Genbu F230TB
• BBG-24 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Attack & Balance Type
• BBG-25 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Defense & Stamina Type

Any objections to this? Was there some efficiency thing I missed?
@[Wombat] Did a quick skim and it looks like you're just missing Libra and Pegasis.
(Jan. 26, 2015  3:12 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: @[Wombat] Did a quick skim and it looks like you're just missing Libra and Pegasis.

They're in the BB-96 Super Deck Set.
You have Big Bang Pegasis DX Set [or]Galaxy Pegasis Set on their twice.
(Jan. 26, 2015  3:35 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2015  3:12 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: @[Wombat] Did a quick skim and it looks like you're just missing Libra and Pegasis.

They're in the BB-96 Super Deck Set.
Ah, sorry, I didn't see that. Ignore me then; list looks good Smile
Wombat, does Cosmic Pegasus really need to be on that list?

If you purchase the Super Deck Set and the Galaxy Pegasis DX set, you've already got RF and R2F, and if you own Pegasis, you don't really need Cosmic for anything (they're pretty much interchangeable).

I'd recommend scratching both the Big Bang Pegasis DX set and Cosmic Pegasus. Other than that, the list looks good (so does the Standard one; I literally couldn't find anything I disagreed with, which almost never happens, haha).
(Jan. 29, 2015  1:41 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Wombat, does Cosmic Pegasus really need to be on that list?

If you purchase the Super Deck Set and the Galaxy Pegasis DX set, you've already got RF and R2F, and if you own Pegasis, you don't really need Cosmic for anything (they're pretty much interchangeable).

I'd recommend scratching both the Big Bang Pegasis DX set and Cosmic Pegasus. Other than that, the list looks good (so does the Standard one; I literally couldn't find anything I disagreed with, which almost never happens, haha).

Yeah, you're right about that. I had started making the list when Cosmic was still being considered for top tier, and I guess I just forgot to delete it when the tier list was finalized. Good catch on BBP though.
Just to tell everyone, someone (who will name themselves if they want to) is already working on the Toronto event history article. Therefore, nobody should necessarily work on that subject at the same time; let us know if you had already started something though !
Question; for the article on the history of tier-lists, which I also plan on doing, would it make sense to include Limited tier-list proposal ideas, or just bits of previous and present Standard tier-list and what is or was competitive in a specific area, @[Kai-V] ? I don't think Limited's all that necessary to include, but just kind of wanted to know; really want to get started sometime later tonight.
(Mar. 01, 2015  3:04 AM)Honey Wrote: Question; for the article on the history of tier-lists, which I also plan on doing, would it make sense to include Limited tier-list proposal ideas, or just bits of previous and present Standard tier-list and what is or was competitive in a specific area, @[Kai-V] ? I don't think Limited's all that necessary to include, but just kind of wanted to know; really want to get started sometime later tonight.

Hm, Limited is really new, so I would not necessarily include drafts of it. Rather, if we get one of our ideas working of introducing monthly or periodic restrictions, that could be a way to add more about Limited in that article.
I was thinking about this today. Are we still doing this or?
I would love to, but nobody ever contributed, not even those who said they would, and we already have trouble getting people to write simple articles about the tournaments they attend for Beywiki...
Beyblade Wiki does currently have a WBO namespace for articles on tournaments, and we do have a few already. Perhaps there needs to be more incentive/reason to do it really, as the reports from tournament hosts pretty much serve the same purpose.
(Aug. 06, 2016  2:31 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Beyblade Wiki does currently have a WBO namespace for articles on tournaments, and we do have a few already. Perhaps there needs to be more incentive/reason to do it really, as the reports from tournament hosts pretty much serve the same purpose.

I think the difficulty with writing articles for tournaments is that it requires knowledge about details how most of the battles went down (or at least the battles in the finals and particularly significant ones before then), which is generally tougher to do since it requires you to watch everyone that isn't you pretty closely throughout the event, which becomes difficult when there are different matches or even blocks running simultaneously. Even if you record all of your matches, you still only have one piece of the puzzle. There are other tournaments that I've played in where I don't know the full story, and are probably too far back in the past for the other participants to remember in detail.

Alternatively, you could ask people about their combos and matchups after the event, but not everyone records or even remembers all of the matches they play (even on the day of the event). For example, I've wanted to write an article about BEYBLADE NORTH (Limited) for a while, and while I've been able to piece together most of the finals through educated guessing, I don't really know as much information as I should about the two Blocks I wasn't in.
Certainly, that's a fair assessment there. You basically need to have been paying attention, or have sufficient notes for an article later. Battles are simple enough, as those are recorded anyway and can easily be listed, but the rest is certainly a bit more difficult to write.

Even when it comes to Beyblade Prime, the only tournament I've been to, I could easily write an article on that as I logged all my own battles and combos. Main issue? I know nothing about what anyone else used really, nor do I remember most of their battles (outside of Burst Finishes for days), so I definitely know where you're coming from there.

It's still a matter of interest though. Arguably, I'm sure something could be arranged to make it easier and more accessible for tournament articles to be possible, but I do believe it would require a bit more guidance from the committee on how is best to do that and what they'd like to see on an article.
While a good, compellingly-written tournament report is really enjoyable to read, I think we're yet to see broader interest in reading such reports (outside of competitive placement discussion, which happens pretty regularly in the Winning Combos list).

The idea of a book is cool, but it's also extremely expensive and difficult to produce. We have a great history worth sharing more information about, but would love to see it done in ways that reflect our nature as a largely digital organization. Grin