[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion #2 (Updated: 12/05/2017)

Poll: READ OPENING POST BEFORE VOTING

Alexandria Region (includes Alexandria, Sterling, Arlington)
25.77%
Charlottesville
10.31%
Danville Region (includes Danville, Martinsville)
4.12%
Richmond
27.84%
Roanoke Region (includes Roanoke, Blacksburg, Lynchburg)
16.49%
Newport News Region (includes Newport News, Williamsburg)
6.19%
Norfolk Region (includes Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach)
9.28%
Total: 100% 97 vote(s)
Upcoming Events in VA:

[Roanoke, VA, 12/16/2017] That's No Dragoon!

Welcome!
This thread is for the discussion of official WBO sanctioned tournaments in Virginia, USA. This post will no longer be updated with new information regarding future Beyblade tournaments in VA, so please subscribe to the topic to stay up to date on tournament discussion!

Regions of VA Survey
BEFORE VOTING, consider the certainty of your vote; If you live any more than 4 to 5 hours away from a location listed in the poll, then please refrain from voting for that option. The purpose of this poll is to allow prospective organizers to see what regions of the state carry the greatest interest in organized play and therefore have the best chance of successfully gathering enough bladers to hold a tournament. Additionally, the poll will provide organizers with a list of potential participants they can notify if their events are nearby.
  • Poll: If you are interested in participating in and could likely attend official WBO sanctioned tournaments in any of the cities under the regions provided in this poll, then please check the boxes next to each of those locations and cast your votes.
Map of Virginia and surrounding states for reference: (Click to View)

Old top ten list: (Click to View)
Could you also add Sterling? That seems to be a great midway for Bladers on the East Coast.
Sterling falls under the Alexandria region.

I'll add a sort of "falls under" section, if that'll help.

EDIT: Okay, edited the list I made with what cities I considered fell under each of those cities' regions. Maybe leave it like that in the poll or elaborate with a key in the OP later?
Of course my vote is going for the Norfolk Region, haha Its where I live and where we host all tournaments. On a side not also, would anyone else besides people already confirmed like to come to Friday Night Blade Fight ?? We've got a lot bladers already. Could potentially become double elimination.
I also vote Norfolk, but I severely disagree that Sterling is a halfway point. I'd go with Richmond though.
Hey guys, I'm not asking for your votes right now, ha ha. I just wanna hear if there are any changes you wanna see to the list of poll choices or formatting I've proposed in the OP.

On the topic of "midway" and "halfway" points, I proposed the Danville and Alexandria regions for the very purpose of bridging metas (specifically those of MD and NC with VA's), that is, if there's enough demand in either of those areas.
Sterling is in Loudon which is North West VA. So I would vote against it going in as a midway point. What exactly do you mean by Midway? As in a crossover between regions (like MD and NC) or like MID in VA.
I think you're misunderstanding something. I would hope that, being as close to MD and DC as it is, tournaments in the Alexandria Region could attract not only Bladers from Northern VA, but also a few from the MD meta just as your previous Sterling tournaments have done so.

Similarly, I've suggested the Danville Region to offer a spot in VA that's close enough to the VA-NC border in hopes of attracting NC Bladers to our tournaments on top of local Bladers. I'm pretty sure there's actually a term for what I'm trying to do here, but I just can't think of it, lol.

As for "crossover regions" within VA, that's the niche I hope Charlottesville, Richmond, and the Newport News Region will be able to fill, as they each lie in more central locations within the state than any of the other regions.
(Dec. 24, 2013  5:13 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Similarly, I've suggested the Dansville Region to offer a spot in VA that's close enough to the VA-NC border in hopes of attracting NC Bladers to our tournaments on top of local Bladers. I'm pretty sure there's actually a term for what I'm trying to do here, but I just can't think of it, lol.

Oh dang... I'd come up for a couple a dem Richmond tourneys is you guys hosted any. Stupid
Yeah, Richmond would be great. It seems you can take 95 from both MD and NC straight there, and it is about 2-3 hours away for each community, except of course VA haha.

I would be fine if we made a separate tournament discussion thread specifically for the combining communities somewhere in VA, if you all are fine with it.
Okay, so for the poll, definitely add:

- Richmond
- Alexandria Region
- Norfolk Region
- Roanoke Region

And does anybody have objections to the addition of:

- Newport News Region
- Charlottesville
- and Danville Region

For a total of seven items to pick and choose from the poll?
I vote Williams burg but Norfolk and Richmond I'll also be at
Yeah Sterling is just for people from MD to be able to come over. NC would be hard.
Poll's posted, people! *Alliteration!*

Get voting Grin
It looks like Richmond is quite popular so far...

That's actually quite close to me! Grin
(Dec. 24, 2013  1:37 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I would be fine if we made a separate tournament discussion thread specifically for the combining communities somewhere in VA, if you all are fine with it.
I voted and I think Richmond's pretty much booked for winning. Are any of you guys up for tourneys during The new year in Sterling? During the summer I may be able to go down for Richmond tourneys, though at the moment it isn't an option.
(Dec. 24, 2013  1:37 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: Yeah, Richmond would be great. It seems you can take 95 from both MD and NC straight there, and it is about 2-3 hours away for each community, except of course VA haha.

Hey, travel time's still about two to three hours for some of us in VA, too. Tongue_out

(Dec. 24, 2013  1:37 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: I would be fine if we made a separate tournament discussion thread specifically for the combining communities somewhere in VA, if you all are fine with it.

If the tournaments are in VA, then why not use this thread? I mean, it is for the "discussion of official WBO sanctioned tournaments in Virginia" after all. It's not like you guys can't still have input on what we do tournament-wise, lol.
Alright. So who's up for yet another Virginia Beach,VA tournament ? I know I definitely am. Let's start off the year right with Kaboom!!!'s Khaotic Birthday Bash on January 18th. Who's game ?? Speak up asap. Only 3 weeks away.
Well of course I can't go, but good luck! My B-Day Bash/Brawl only had 8 people, but hopefully you get as many as your last one.
Hey Kaboom!!! count myself and Vari Jack in for at least one tournament on the 18th.
(Dec. 31, 2013  4:30 PM)ghostbull Wrote: Hey Kaboom!!! count myself and Vari Jack in for at least one tournament on the 18th.

Awesome. I'm actually speaking with one of the owners at Kaboom to see if we're good for the 18th. We should be. Updates for everyone coming soon. Any one else confirmed for the 18th of January in Virginia Beach ?
I can't nor can Draciel come to the 18th

Sorry
Alright. So far we've got

Confirmed:
1.) Kaboom!!!
2.) Rpvo
3.) DrPepsidew
4.) Flashmaster
5.) ghostbull
6.) Varijack
7.) DeathPhoenix!
Dang! I didn't know you guys were having anything on the 18th. XD

Well, if for some reason it doesn't work out, click on the link in my sig! You can come down and play with us!