Updating Contact Information for Members

(Aug. 30, 2014  2:32 PM)LordRager Wrote: So now they have updated to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube. I seriously think we need Skype.

EDIT: It doesn't link you to the right sites. When clicking my Instagram "haiderthehider" it takes me to www.worldbeyblade.org/haiderthehider
Did you paste in the full link, or did you just put your username? If you did the latter, delete it and replaced it with http://instagram.com/haiderthehider
(Aug. 30, 2014  3:28 PM)Cannon Wrote: Just realised why the profile screen seemed a bit large .. it's because there are two sets of contact information for the YT, INSTA, TUMBLR, FB; the Contact Information and Additional Information.

Shhh, that is just what moderators and administrators see.
(Aug. 30, 2014  6:00 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2014  5:30 AM)Neo Wrote: Tumblr is huge with everyone; so I'd nominate it.
I seriously think the format would be great for news and developments; video links to tournaments.
I think this revives the question of "Should the WBO have a front page for news?"

You see, the WBO used to have an affiliate known as Beyblade Spirit, or BBSpirit. BBS was owned by Kai-V for a while, but it's front page was for news, and Kai-V usually did a pretty good job keeping it updated until around the time Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku began to air. Other than that, the site was mostly used for character bios, episode descriptions, screenshots, and manga scans (There used to be more, even a forum at one point!)

Beyblade Spirit went offline a few years ago, but when it did there was a lot of discussion on whether or not the WBO should have a news page that you have to go through to get to the forums.

If we had a Tumblr, I can see it working kind of like that. As funny as it sounds, I was actually talking with Kai-V earlier today about whether or not there were any old html files of Beyblade Spirit laying around (I wanted to make some slight edits and use the old BBSpirit theme as a Tumblr theme)

Perhaps we could make a BBSpirit Tumblr, for the sake of nostalgia, and set the URL as news.worldbeyblade.org. I'm all for the idea.

EDIT: I'm tired, I forgot some details. We could just do that as a page on the site anyway, it's super simple to do. Reason why it would be neat to do on Tumblr is for the reasons you stated. It would be super convenient, as all news would also appear in your Tumblr feed in case you haven't checked it in a while, but also because Beyblade needs to expand it's presence a bit on the platform.

PS - Kai-V, I would really like those html files if they do, in fact, exist. Tongue_out

I can see that happening.
Would be pretty great.
I use Brave Frontier Pros at Tumblr for BF News and such, IT WORKS WELL Smile
What about a DeviantArt form? It will surely make happy all the user of 'Your Creations' section Smile
@[C a o S³] Do people still use DeviantArt frequently? That might be as outdated as some of the other features that got removed, like IM.

Edit: tag feature fail