Upcoming Events - Not just for tournaments?

(Oct. 18, 2011  6:34 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  4:50 AM)zainx2 Wrote: maybe it could be in video chat form. You would also have to register for it. Each class is once a week and could be taught to a class of 30 beybladers and one WBO official could teach it. Multiple classes can be taught by different teachers and the students could share ideas through video chat. Of cource, this idea is very unrealistic and the WBO website isn't advanced enough for this.

, but we would have to have a WBO Skype account as well as payment for the video conference calls......... which come in packets
In stead of doing skype we can use tinychat it is free and allows webcams and chat board so all is free all we have too do is give a specific date and time
simple as that
and have the basic questions for the test like the heaviest metal wheel what combo should you make in the sitution you the the opponent beyblade Ext.
I'd like to see meet up events like this, rather than always putting your points on the line, there would be the option to go to a more relaxed meetup where you could battle for fun, as well as practice proper launch techniques. it also would give use to all of the other arenas people own that aren't TT attack type stadiums.
(Oct. 18, 2011  4:18 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  2:59 PM)zainx2 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  5:56 AM)galaxylynx Wrote: where are these beyschools going to be?will there be one in san diego or close to san diego?If held at all.

It should be online
Seriously, if you cannot contribute to this conversation, don't post as what you're saying is boarding irrelevant and otherwise completely useless.

I just think the best way to let everyone participate is online. I know that it would be nearly impossible to accomplish this.
(Oct. 19, 2011  1:37 AM)zainx2 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  4:18 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2011  2:59 PM)zainx2 Wrote: It should be online
Seriously, if you cannot contribute to this conversation, don't post as what you're saying is boarding irrelevant and otherwise completely useless.

I just think the best way to let everyone participate is online. I know that it would be nearly impossible to accomplish this.
Go back to beybladebattles.com
This sounds like a good idea. Usually people at their first WBO tournament tend to have a lower win-loss ratio than the people who had been on the WBO for a while. I also think that, while we're at it, we might as well teach them the rules so they don't make bad posts and stuff like that.
Seriously, thinking about it further, I believe we should only consider it if it is in clear preparation of an event, not just out of nowhere. For instance, you propose a tournament for [x] date first, it gets approved, and then you can think about doing a practice session for it the week before. That way, we could continue doing the Upcoming Events section as it is currently, but add only "+PS" next to it if there is a practice session. Information about that session would be written in the topic for the tournament itself too.
(Oct. 20, 2011  12:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Seriously, thinking about it further, I believe we should only consider it if it is in clear preparation of an event, not just out of nowhere. For instance, you propose a tournament for [x] date first, it gets approved, and then you can think about doing a practice session for it the week before. That way, we could continue doing the Upcoming Events section as it is currently, but add only "+PS" next to it if there is a practice session. Information about that session would be written in the topic for the tournament itself too.
Can there be multiple practice sessions?
(Oct. 20, 2011  12:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Can there be multiple practice sessions?

For one tournament ? If it takes you multiple practice sessions, then perhaps you need to actually play in a tournament first. It is normal to lose in your first event, so it is mostly afterwards that you should be looking to get practice, but people also cannot count only on some meet-ups, they need to do their part on their own too. Furthermore, some locations already have a lot of people who cannot attend this or that date whenever a tournament is proposed, so even if we offer practice sessions it does not mean that people will free their schedule just for it too.
(Oct. 20, 2011  12:13 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  12:05 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Can there be multiple practice sessions?

For one tournament ? If it takes you multiple practice sessions, then perhaps you need to actually play in a tournament first. It is normal to lose in your first event, so it is mostly afterwards that you should be looking to get practice, but people also cannot count only on some meet-ups, they need to do their part on their own too. Furthermore, some locations already have a lot of people who cannot attend this or that date whenever a tournament is proposed, so even if we offer practice sessions it does not mean that people will free their schedule just for it too.
At least for New York, I would not put these in Central Park. I would put my practice sessions somewhere where I can advertise for the tournament at the same time (like outside of TRU)

What I don't really see the point of this is why it needs to be official. Over here in Perth we have our bey team Team Omega Nova, which I guess is more of a club, and we just have meet ups now and then inbetween tournaments. I these meet ups we battle, talk about beyblades, trade and sometimes have a little unofficial tournament. In meet ups like this we could bring off a couple of kids to the side who might want to learn a bit more and then teach them about techniques and good combos they can use.
Just chuck together a little unofficial meeting if you want people to learn while other more knowledgable members can battle each other.
The thing is that we do not want unapproved events to be advertised here, it takes the focus away from what is almost the reason for this whole organisation.