UGH PARENTS. AND FAMILIES.

(May. 01, 2011  12:48 PM)benjohadi Wrote: i never tell my parents on how much i spent on beyblades...for real..i spent for almost
on beys..
but i told them i got them cheap for 10bucks each..lol..if they kno the real amount,i'm toasted..

I'm the same. I think in a little under two years i've spent even more than that.
(Apr. 30, 2011  10:22 PM)-KsB-UcHiHa- Wrote: My mum is fine with me playing it but she just never buys me them and i have to buy them with my own money so i dont get many. Its funny how she cant even say the word beyblade and she says blayblades XD

omg this is the exact same with my mom, she says blayblades, and i have to rip on a differant level then she is, so i have to run upstairs with the arena if she comes downstairs. also same with money i dont own as many as others on the wbo because i pay with my own money that i have to get from bday/xmas
(May. 01, 2011  10:28 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: My parents have just given up with me XD!

Same Here! =D
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:41 PM)pegasismaster10 Wrote: my parents are always wants to know about what are my addictions, when they learn more about this, they give me less alllowance, and more time to study Tongue_out ...
then, they won't let me buy a single bey so i have to wait for 3-_ days just to buy one...

So...A year passed since I posted my reply to this topic (^See quoted)...
(thanks iBslick for your supportive suggestion...)

Now, it's now very different...

Parents:
Relatives:
Other people:

Overall, i think my family is kinda okay with it now. They only get angry with it if am not doing they ask me to do.

EDIT: I might have the most complicated BeyLife with Parents, Families and other people.
That always happens to me! My dad was just yelling at me and telling me that they are for kids and i need to grow up, And i just reply that they are a hobbie to me and i will not stop playing them.

My brother & my sister always say this " Dad david got another beyblade from walmart (Were ever i shop)
And my dad will say there just a stupid kid game

They just don't get it it pissed me of.
he has given up lecturing me about everything alike Beyblade Well he always does that

"You need to act your carp age david, Shut the hell up and stop playing with them!
Yeah, my parents said i had enough when i bought my first bey. And now they say i'm too old and to grow the carp up. yes, they said F***
(May. 01, 2011  4:44 PM)pegasismaster10 Wrote: removing post

filipino's knows how to bond along,no?

anyways,my parents doesnt even give me beys(i only hve 1 at the moment)

BUT i still have hope.when i get a full honor's this school year,TONS of beys will be iven to me.

also,they dont support me for beyblade.they dont even care what my hobby is.
(May. 01, 2011  5:06 PM)bigbangpegasis9 Wrote:

BUT i still have hope.when i get a full honor's this school year,TONS of beys will be iven to me.

Haha...

Your parents are way to strict on your life dude...
Try to tell you'll pay the half of the price of the Beyblade and they will pay the half too or you'll simply pay it full price.
(May. 01, 2011  5:04 PM)Blad3r X Wrote: Yeah, my parents said i had enough when i bought my first bey. And now they say i'm too old and to grow the carp up. yes, they said F***

I know my parents are the same they keep on carp with me about beyblade.
They just harass me all the time and give me stupid talks about growing up & acting my age.

But i just think they shouldn't tell me how to live me life.
My parents are very supportive of me playing Beyblade , In fact my mom knows some cool combos (okay, she doesn't, she just chooses parts that look pretty), She knows about the Attack, Defense, Stamina and Balance types. My dad sometimes launches a beyblade for me to battle with.

In fact, I have to buy beyblades from my Dad's credit card, and they buy it for me. (Although sometimes I need to pay half, or maybe full. But they still buy it for me.)

But, they don't really encourage me spending hours on the WBO.
(May. 01, 2011  5:13 PM)Electric Wrote: My parents are very supportive of me playing Beyblade , In fact my mom knows some cool combos (okay, she doesn't, she just chooses parts that look pretty), She knows about the Attack, Defense, Stamina and Balance types. My dad sometimes launches a beyblade for me to battle with.

In fact, I have to buy beyblades from my Dad's credit card, and they buy it for me. (Although sometimes I need to pay half, or maybe full. But they still buy it for me.)

But, they don't really encourage me spending hours on the WBO.

Dang, I haven't even seen my dad's credit card. He would beet me to death if i even held it card. And my dad don't even support my dreams
my parents are kinda with me they never complain but my mom gets frequent migranes so its rare i play with a rock wheel.my nephews all injoy it we play sometimes but school thats a whol nother story.and my freiond that dosent even like beyblades got a earth virgo that i have been looking for for months and he dont enven play it he abosed that virgo it no longer had a ball sharp but a flat when i saw it.
(May. 01, 2011  5:16 PM)Sasukia Wrote: Dang, I haven't even seen my dad's credit card. He would beet me to death if i even held it card. And my dad don't even support my dreams

They should be more supportive of you, you're their son. Well, you gotta have a serious talk with them and tell them to treat you like a son and accept you the way you are, and support you.
Just an FYI: after being super into Beyblade for the better part of ten years I got a professional job in the toy industry. SUCK ON THAT, CRAPPY PARENTS
(May. 01, 2011  5:10 PM)pegasismaster10 Wrote:

Haha...

Your parents are way to strict on your life dude...
Try to tell you'll pay the half of the price of the Beyblade and they will pay the half too or you'll simply pay it full price.

should try,im getting allowance by doing some stuff(20 pesos per day,so that makes
7120 pesos for a year)
(May. 01, 2011  5:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just an FYI: after being super into Beyblade for the better part of ten years I got a professional job in the toy industry. SUCK ON THAT, CRAPPY PARENTS

EPIC WIN. My parents are pretty cool with beys, but they are very stingy with buying them. My parents are happy because it lessens my time with "staring at the machine" (playing DS lite LOL), but they don't like buying stuff online much. Since they refuse to have a paypal, I have to mostly buy from overpriced sites that sell by credit card directly, instead of the super cheap stuff that I can find on eBay and the like. I'll never get a DGMSUV, DEMS, and Wolborg MS.... Crying But other than that, I don't get beys very often (max 3 times a year), but when I do, I get whatever is in stock, about 6 products max.
Sorry if I am double posting but what should I do about my parents (see my problem on page 12)?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dad thinks I have enough and my mam thinks I am too old at 14.
(Jan. 11, 2011  10:33 AM)tenzeku123 Wrote: you know being 13 sucks this is what my parents said after i asked them "can i join the upcoming bey competition" "(add name here) cant you see your too old for these stuff you should be doing more manly stuff like basketball tug of war and more." i replied "what!!!! im alredy doing tug of war and other sports but why not beyblade competition even after i scored 2 A's in my upsr and there was 14 year old guy there last year".then the bad part she said "dont you have anything better to do like your homework ". well yeah my mom trying to keep me away from these things but i dont get it why she allows me to buy model kits oh well
Same with me, my parents think I'm too old.
My sister is the most annoying thing in the world amd my parents are cool with me playing them but they don't like me buying them of the internet they only like me buying them from my kocal walmart wich means only hasbro no metal fight WHICH SUCKS. And as I said before my parents don't really let me buy blades online and I have paid full price for every single thing that I have bought and if I buy something online I will pay for everything.
I make alot of Money. I DO NOT have a Allowance. I pull in about $70+ a week? 1. I referee Junior Soccer Games $40 (BI-WINNING! XD) then I just walk Dogs and to Chores for other People for more Moneyz Smile My Parents dont pay me for Helping around the House. Its better to get Money from other People!

So My parents arent too Fussed on how much I spend....(I normally never tell them. I dont need to Consult them...)
So Far in about 6-7 Months I have spent
As long as I pull out 20% of everything I make into the Bank (Gasp Rhyming is COOL!)

They arent very Supportive of the Hours I spend on the WBO though.
(May. 01, 2011  9:44 PM)Chupa Chups Wrote: I make alot of Money. I DO NOT have a Allowance. I pull in about $70+ a week? 1. I referee Junior Soccer Games $40 (BI-WINNING! XD) then I just walk Dogs and to Chores for other People for more Moneyz Smile My Parents dont pay me for Helping around the House. Its better to get Money from other People!

So My parents arent too Fussed on how much I spend....(I normally never tell them. I dont need to Consult them...)
So Far in about 6-7 Months I have spent
As long as I pull out 20% of everything I make into the Bank (Gasp Rhyming is COOL!)

They arent very Supportive of the Hours I spend on the WBO though.

Pretty smart observation, I don't get an allowance too. My dad just tells me "I allow you to live in my house" And why would a 14 year old be playing pokemon?

Man, I think this is because most Filipinos are cheap.

My parents are supportive about my hobby, my mom takes me to tourneys. My dad buys good beys for me. (Though my mom doesn't like it when I'm collecting beys, she calls them weak though they are rare)

My relatives don't tease me about it, except on my mom's side where I never told them I play beyblade.

School? I don't tell my classmates that I even play.

My mom isn't supportive about me and WBO anyways.
MY parents dont have any problem with me beyblading even if I am 15...even my sister likes beyblades...so I am one of those lucky few whose family supports beyblading..isnt it?
Hm, I dunno if this fits, but I feel that the situation is somewhat similar. But for the sake of the topic, I'll mention the Beyblades, too.

For a little over a year, I've been collecting Japanese posable figures called "S.H.Figuarts" and "figma". They're expensive compared to stuff like Transformers (the ones sold in the US, anyway), Power Rangers, Halo figures, etc. My mom used to disapprove of them because
A) they were mondo expensive
b) a grown man shouldn't be playing with/buying toys.
To be honest, I felt the same why. I ask myself why I continue to spend all my money on these. And then I started working on the comics.

Ever since I started working on the comics, I dropped the habit of spending for the sake of collecting and did it all for the comic. When mom noticed that I had a talent for this sort of thing, mixing photography, story-telling, and the toys themselves, she wasn't so supportive as to buy stuff for me, but she at least approved of my art skills.

Now thanks to those figures that my mom was so against, I developed a knack for and liking of photography. The Beyblades have also become a tool for my photography, but they're also more of an invigorating hobby compared to YGO (which was beyond expensive...), so juggling between having fun and being creative is the pure enjoyment that I have with Beyblades, regardless of what anyone says.

I haven't told mom yet about my Beyblading habits, not even meetings at tournaments, but with the pictures I took, I don't think she'd disapprove of my hobby either, so long as I'm making it useful than just for the sake of having and collecting.

If you have problems with your parents or family or outsiders judging you, don't pay them any mind. You like what you like, and your opinion is always more important to you than anyone else's when it's about you, because you know yourself better than anyone. But don't lose yourself in impulse spending and such; there are times when you'll actually regret buying something because you bought something that probably isn't as important as what you REALLY want.
Unfortunately, what I REALLY want(Hasbro String Launcher and Launcher grip) I cannot find. So instead I bought Burn Fireblaze(FINALLY) and Rock Aries(yay ED145 and B!), and was happy that I did. Anyway, my parents, luckily, don't mind me playing Beyblade. School, however, is a whole different question.