Toys R Us Tournaments

Haven't heard of any tournaments here in Sydney. How disappointing. Tired Can't compete myself, because I'm too old, but I'm always interested in watching.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:29 AM)Ronin Fox Wrote: Haven't heard of any tournaments here in Sydney. How disappointing. Tired Can't compete myself, because I'm too old, but I'm always interested in watching.

They're not tournaments, so you'd be able to go. Two of the kid's dads was blading with us, so.

@RZ They. Aren't. Tournaments.
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:37 PM)Bluezee Wrote: For those saying you were "surprised" kids knew about the newer blades, the WBO is NOT the ultimate or sole beyblade information website. People keep up with releases on their own.

Except that almost all other sites take their information because I post them here ...

Keyword you said there is almost. And I highly could care less where they get it from. The point is, people know about beyblades and know about future releases with or without this site's existence.
No casual blading sessions either, anywhere in Australia. Tired Going by beybladebattles.com, it looks like the Toys R Us events are limited to the U.S. only. Guess I'll wait for a WBO event to come up.
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:11 AM)Ronin Fox Wrote: No casual blading sessions either, anywhere in Australia. Tired Going by beybladebattles.com, it looks like the Toys R Us events are limited to the U.S. only. Guess I'll wait for a WBO event to come up.
This is a US event, countries are having Toys R us events one by one...
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:07 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Keyword you said there is almost. And I highly could care less where they get it from. The point is, people know about beyblades and know about future releases with or without this site's existence.

I assure you that, at the beginning, all the other sites looked here, and as I revealed my sources one by one, they started trying to take them on their own, but never before me.

Know that I am just referring to the "the WBO is NOT the ultimate or sole beyblade information website" part of your post, I know that kids probably look at other sites too, but the World Beyblade Organization is indeed the ultimate source of Beyblade information.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:38 AM)DrigerS Master Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:29 AM)Ronin Fox Wrote: Haven't heard of any tournaments here in Sydney. How disappointing. Tired Can't compete myself, because I'm too old, but I'm always interested in watching.

They're not tournaments, so you'd be able to go. Two of the kid's dads was blading with us, so.

@RZ They. Aren't. Tournaments.

I'm having trouble believing that as they said, and I quote,
"Don't miss the Beyblade Battle events coming up at all Toys"R"Us stores. Bring your own tops to battle or use the tops provided in stores. Attendees will receive free giveaways while supplies last, so get there early and Let it Rip!

Event dates are 7/16 (12pm - 2pm), 8/27 (12pm - 2pm) & 10/22 (2-4pm)."
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:36 PM)RZ Wrote: I'm having trouble believing that as they said, and I quote,
"Don't miss the Beyblade Battle events coming up at all Toys"R"Us stores. Bring your own tops to battle or use the tops provided in stores. Attendees will receive free giveaways while supplies last, so get there early and Let it Rip!

"Battle events" are not necessarily tournaments, and as you could realise if you read all of the reviews people who went posted, only some of them became tournaments, but the majority was nothing.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:36 PM)RZ Wrote: I'm having trouble believing that as they said, and I quote,

The free giveaways are sticker sheets, a "trading card," and a coupon only valid for the day of the event. But, like many locations, whether it will be run as a tourney or not depends on both the store AND the players that show up. My TRU happened to run it as a tourney because the people who came wanted to play competitively.
(Jul. 18, 2011  5:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

"Battle events" are not necessarily tournaments, and as you could realise if you read all of the reviews people who went posted, only some of them became tournaments, but the majority was nothing.

Yes; events aren't always tournaments. I wish we had gotten better giveaways than what they gave us, but oh well. As Kai-V and SpacerGal said, the events became tournaments depending on the people there. Wish makes me wonder...if I had asked, would they have made ours a tournament? Hmmm.
Of course, the day before the toys r us event, the car breaks down, I have carp luck.
Hopefully the Toys R Us stores in Australia will have these events. It'll be interesting.

I'm likely gonna have my a$$ whooped by the little kids. XD
so this is where i ask? or not? im hoping so im attending to the Toys r us event in ohio so just wanna know who here in ohio is going *is still hoping he put it in the right place*
The Toys r Us events are ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, if you're talking about the qualifiers going to beybladebattles.com and choose your country and language and then you have to click on the link on the area next to the sign in for the beylocker thing.
I'll probly wind up going. I was going to go to the last one but I ended up going out with a girl.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:31 AM)PunkBlader Wrote: I'll probly wind up going. I was going to go to the last one but I ended up going out with a girl.

How old are you ? Hasbro's age limit is thirteen years old, and to miss it and go out with a girl instead at that age is really odd ... Unless you are older and that you go even knowing that you can never even go to the championships ...
I took advantage of the B1G1F deal again today and while I was checking out, the woman told me about the event tomorrow. Even though I am too old, it would have been cool to check out and see what kind of turn out there was.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:31 AM)PunkBlader Wrote: I'll probly wind up going. I was going to go to the last one but I ended up going out with a girl.

How old are you ? Hasbro's age limit is thirteen years old, and to miss it and go out with a girl instead at that age is really odd ... Unless you are older and that you go even knowing that you can never even go to the championships ...

Older than 13 haha. I would just go for fun. I did not know the TRU events led to any championships lol.
How would anybody in Pennsylvania, new York, and new jerky so post to go with that hurricane hitting Angry
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:44 AM)gingka pegasis Wrote: How would anybody in Pennsylvania, new York, and new jerky so post to go with that hurricane hitting Angry

Where is new jerky? Sounds like a tasty place to me.

In all seriousness I think that a tourney is the least of your worries if you are getting hit with a hurricaine. Keeping your self safe is your #1 priority. They may pospone tourneys or if you have to evacuate you can go to a tourney wherever you evacutate to.
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:44 AM)gingka pegasis Wrote: How would anybody in Pennsylvania, new York, and new jerky so post to go with that hurricane hitting Angry
"So post"? I had to read that sentence 6 times just to comprehend what you wrote.
And anyways, the hurricane might miss, who knows.

where is the toy r us beyblade event in australia and how can i know where is it and what is the website

It's New Jersey NOT New Jerky and the word you were looking to type is suppose. Also my part of Florida hasn't been hit at all so I get to go.
Get thrown into the air by 100mph and then use Shooting Star Attack to cut through Hurricane Irene's Lion Gale Force Wall and land your attack right at the front door of Toys 'R' Us.
(Aug. 27, 2011  3:38 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
Get thrown into the air by 100mph and then use Shooting Star Attack to cut through Hurricane Irene's Lion Gale Force Wall and land your attack right at the front door of Toys 'R' Us.

LOL, even if you are too old for the events you should still go. i do and they usually hand out free stuff. im always down for free stuff