To's thread of no more GIMP, and maybe some talent?

lmao wtf man, at first I thought those blog entrees were yoursTongue_out! When I got to the end I realized and obviously I missed the first few lines of your post. I was asking myself "why wouldn't he just post a link" lol.
Anyways the fact that I thought it was real, for the most part, means it's well written. Good work dude!
(May. 03, 2010  1:03 PM)To Wrote: I'm not really a fame carp, but my cute Pikachu video deserves more than 10 views.

Chocked_2 I hope for other peoples sake it doesn't.
(May. 06, 2010  9:13 AM)Robsta Wrote:
(May. 03, 2010  1:03 PM)To Wrote: I'm not really a fame carp, but my cute Pikachu video deserves more than 10 views.

Chocked_2 I hope for other peoples sake it doesn't.

Hahaha, ouch.
For the story, i'd really suggest more structure. It seems to me that it dawdles on, and you kind of over explain things. Use symbolism, and show not tell. You kind of need a more clearcut direction on where the story's going, IMO. It really seems like a normal diary thing to me, at the moment. That's probably what you're going for, but for a creative writing piece it needs to resemble what form of story you want, but still have all the features of a narrative/poem/what have you.
I thought my story was pretty nice for a night's work, and very limited knowledge of the sport of tennis, haha.

Anyways, for the mega-bump I actually have some content to promote. I made a PSA style short that's a lot of fun. It was entered into a small shorts festival, but lost to a much more experimental, and to be honest - better produced video.

There's some things that really have gotten on my nerves (it was done in about 8 class periods worth of shooting and editing) in the editing department, but I won't mention them. Wink

Edit: Oh, I should mention that I'm not actually in the video. I wrote, filmed, and directed it.
This was probably the most daunting piece of work I've ever completed for a short. The entire production (it is stop motion - the first I've ever done) took four very long, and very tiring days of work. Three of those days were making a set that reconstructed a bit of High Park using some things from the school's field. Time constraints meant that we had to cut a bunch of shots that would require some light CG, and masking work (we wanted to make Professor Xavier have spoken words with a person's lip flaps).

It was definitely a lot of work, and I'm not too proud of the product. It's good, but I don't think it lived up to the potential, and that's largely because we were first timers working with our backs against the wall on a dying set which meant reshoots didn't exist. I'm also pretty unhappy about the sound mixing which was done literally minutes before screening. Mozart Symphony 29 isn't well represented due to mixing issues.

The short itself is about how the industrial world has invaded everything - including nature.

The Park Rager