To's thread of no more GIMP, and maybe some talent?

This is a thread where I shall put random stuff, be it short stories, long stories, random doodles, actual pictures, art assignments I like, etc.

First off a HWS Beyblade design:

[Image: stingerh2.png]

I made it in about 20 minutes, and called it Beyta 1, but went with Proto One since an actual BeyTa exists. Retroactively looking back at the design, it's pretty horrible. Most of the protruding parts would likely be broken off in battle, and the wheel looks pretty horrendous in that it looks like it would do nothing well. I also need to fix up the dimensions of the face, since it is not accurately portraying the look of a MFB face.

I'll work on it though, since I like the idea of a Kuwagata based Beyblade. I'm also reminded of that image we got from somewhere before we found out what MFB actually was. Remember, it was like a plastic series based upon Beetles?
ya go for it fix fix fix and practice untill you can do cool stuff!
lol looks like my designs made alot of people exited to design their own Tongue_out
(Jul. 21, 2009  6:03 PM)pegasis Wrote: ya go for it fix fix fix and practice untill you can do cool stuff!
lol looks like my designs made alot of people exited to design their own Tongue_out

yes, nobody had ever designed a beyblade until you came along
YES! i know B)

btw To you used paint as well ???
(Jul. 21, 2009  6:11 PM)pegasis Wrote: YES! i know B)

i'm being sarcastic, people have been designing their own beyblades since beyblade came out

you're way too full of yourself
I used Paint to make the design, I used Gimp 2 to colour in the blade. I would just use Gimp to make it, but I don't know where all the tools are yet.

I'm planning on buy a tablet soon, so I'm probably going to just stop doing digital drawing with a mouse.

Edit- Brad, he was being sarcastic, atleast I hope he was.
I kinda think we was being reverse sarcastic.... But anyways To. I think it will be cool if you just make it more porpartional and tone down the spikes a little
Those brown plug thingies on the side are nice! :]! Try putting more of those in were you remove any unnesesary points if you do so.

Great work, To!
I think I will just scrap the initial Proto One design when it becomes Proto Two.

Proto One suits being a belt better anyways:

[Image: beybelt.png]

Probably should have changed the wheel, and face colours though.
Haha, I'd wear it Tongue_out

I actually liked the initial design concept, you could definitely go somewhere with the stag beetle idea.
Created this evolution of Proto One in just under an hour, much, much better in my opinion. However, I still think these blades are more for fashion then function. I need some help with the colour scheme, so I'll leave it to you guys.

[Image: stingerh3.png]
it seriously looks nothing like a beyblade

that's my only comment
(Jul. 22, 2009  2:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it seriously looks nothing like a beyblade

It's because I have no talent.

Maybe it'll look more like a Beyblade once I colour it in.
Proto two looks good, but won't u have trouble spinning as beetle?
(Jul. 22, 2009  4:02 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Proto two looks good, but won't u have trouble spinning as beetle?

What? Speechless
Looks like a beyblade to me....
^^ At least your trying. Smile
It probably would look better coloured. Grin
(Jul. 22, 2009  4:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: What? Speechless

It was a really bad joke. i was making refernce to the ibsparation beetle as if it were another blade. Sorry for posioning your eyes with bad comedy.
the design is cool, you did better than my attempt, i like the belt idea, id get a belt like that if i could!
(Jul. 21, 2009  6:16 PM)To Wrote: I used Paint to make the design, I used Gimp 2 to colour in the blade. I would just use Gimp to make it, but I don't know where all the tools are yet.

I'm planning on buy a tablet soon, so I'm probably going to just stop doing digital drawing with a mouse.

Edit- Brad, he was being sarcastic, atleast I hope he was.

Tablets ftw, I'd reccomend a bamboo fun or bamboo craft.
My nasty entry in the recent Face Contest can be found here. It's not good enough for me to bother to rehost it, lol. It's an idea I plan on actually creating some new, good designs for.

I also have some other stuff I'll be posting in a bit.
Here's a short story I wrote for English class, ignore any spelling or grammar errors:

January 7, 2010

Today was a nice day, I guess? I woke up, checked my Facebook, and Twitter, saw that no one posted anything interesting, and then proceeded to fill out my daily routine of brushing my teeth, taking a shower, and getting ready for school. This was our first day back from the Christmas break, so the halls were pretty loud with chattering airheads talking about how their lawyer mom bought them a new car, or a 3D TV or something. The jocks seemed unusually quiet. I wouldn't be surprised if that was due to Christmas gifts being them carrying their drunk, potentially wife beating father to bed. Sounds nice. My break wasn't that bad, dad told me this year should be a new start for me, that my resolution should be to join a sports team, and make friends. The five of you reading that know that isn't going to happen. Mom's turkey seems to be getting worse as years go by, or that might just be me realizing that what I eat outside of home might just be better than what she can cook, either way, the mashed potatoes were still great. Didn't really want anything for Christmas, but got a laptop, of which I'm writing this blog post on. It's not a top of the line, nearly $10,000 model, but it's not some low end model either. I'm hoping to set up Dreamweaver soon so that I can get to making this blog look a bit better than the default templates Wordpress gives you. This computer should also be good to edit some videos, my cousin got me a new rifle from Christmas, so I might take some hunting vidoes and upload them on Youtube or something, assuming that isn't against their increasingly strict rules.

Anyways, back to school, first period had us writting an essay on what we did during the break, are we in grade 5 still? I made up some carp story about how the family and I went on vacation to Disneyland in Florida, which is increasingly becoming a theme for my bull "What did you do over the _____?" stories. This iteration had the fam and I getting food poisoned after eating the Mickey Mouse special of the House. I actually googled what foods the resturants there serve just so I can have a bit of truth to what otherwise was a work of fiction. Still beats my real story of sleeping in all day, having horror movie marathons, and playing video games. The pretty blonde who sits in the front was talking about how her family did nothing over the break other than having dinner. It was really dull, but everyone else didn't seem to mind. I wonder if anyone actually pays attention to these things? If they did I'm sure someone would've noticed that I've gone to Disneyland for Christmas for like the past 5 years. Maybe they think it's some twisted mouse worshipping family tradition? Maybe I'm giving them too much credit?

Math was boring as usual. We found out our marks, I doing well. Not a surprise. I overheard some of the other kids saying they had like a 34 and still believed they could turn it around, and pass. Good luck with that.

Other two periods were swell I guess. Lunch was it's usual me playing PSP by myself. I caught some new monsters in Inivizimals. I feel so accomplished (not really).

Comment [0] [Edit] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on January 7, 2010 at 6:31PM

January 20, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updating stuff. But hey, the site finally has a nice new skin! The five of you reading this will be happy to know that. And when I say 5 of you, I'm probably not that wrong. I looked at site traffic and I've noticed that from the beginning of the year there has been 87 visits to the site. 50 of those were spam bots, and 30 were from me updating the site, the other 7 were unique readers. Soon I'll be rivaling MSN.com in readership.

The past few weeks at school haven't been so swell. I took my dad's advise, and tried out for a sport, tennis. Yeah, tennis, the manliest of manly sports. He was happy I was doing something more than just playing games. He was actually beaming when I told him I made the team. I'm actually surprised I made the team, I have a horrible serve, a horrid backhand, and can't smash for my life. I guess they were really desperate, oh well. Practise for this has been a total drag though. We train literally every single day for two hours. You'd think that would make me better, but nah, you'd be thinking wrong. We have our first doubles tournament next month. I expect to lose every match.

Doing well in terms of grades, which is to be expected. We have exams coming up, not worried at all. In fact, all my marks are so good that I don't even have to show and I'd still pass with 70's.

For the five of you who read this, do you actually care? Post in the comments section.

Comment [2] [Edit] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on January 20, 2010

February 11, 2010

So Friday was the doubles tournament. My partner and I finished third... last. We finished the round robin 1-3. The three loses were massacres, we lost each straight set. I love how I got partnered with the best individual player the school has. It's like they paired him with me to try to improve my skills. Didn't work. The only game we won was our first game where he basically did all the work. The few times I did do things the ball got smashed right by me.

My dad decided it would be a good idea to come and witness the humiliation. Even better, for the 2 of you readers he even recorded it and posted it on Youtube:

[Youtube Link Removed]

At the 3 minute 20 second mark the expression you see on my face is what I call "Oh carp", as I realize that a zooming tennis ball could have taken off my head had I moved ever so slightly.

Don't have any plans for Valentines day. Good stuff.

Comment [3] [Edit] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on February 11, 2010

February 15, 2010

What, an update in less than a month? Wowzers. Ok, this update is kind of a cop out update anyways. Just here to say that the school is bringing us to a singles tennis tournament late this month. I expect the worst result ever. I'm thinking of faking an injury just so that I can spare myself the humiliation.

Comment [0] [Edit] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on February 15, 2010

February 29, 2010

So last weekend was the tournament. Wow is all I can say. I finished fourth. Not fourth last, but actually fourth. You know, first, second, third, and fourth. That is better than anything I could've imagined. Hell, my last blog post said I was thinking about skipping out of the tournie. Good thing I didn't. Like honestly, I still don't know what to do with this energy. I'm so pumped it's insane. It's like this month is raining good news. First we have that insane hockey game against the US, and now a personal triumph. Wow. I think I might be the happiest third loser in the history of losers. I should point out that first place went to the guy I was paired with in the doubles tournament, where as the three in between us were from other schools.

My dad once again showed up and recorded my final match in full. It's the first time in my life that I can say, with definitive proof, I've served an ace. It literally wizzed by the other guy, kind of like me in the last video. The video is currently going through Youtube's processing, so I'll probably update in an hour or so. The match in it's entirity was intense. That ace started the first set for me, but things didn't get better from there on out. I served again, he got it, we volleyed back and forth for a bit before I decided to smash it, he got it again and managed to put just in play right when I thought it was going out. This entire match had my nerves on over drive. I calculated every step I took, the way I was holding the racket, and the hits I was making. I was never this concerned about anything before, but I had something to prove. The decisive blow was in the last set, we were in a duce, he was serving. He launches the tennis ball right over the net in a diagonal motion, right off the court, so you'd think I would have gotten the lead right? Well, for some reason I decided to hit a clearly out of bounds tennis ball back into play, where he smashed it back to my court before I even realized what happened. That frazzled me, as the next game deciding serve was an ace. I swear he must have been juiced up, the guy's veins were as large as my fingers. Jeeze.

Most people would've been disapointed in a kid who lost a pretty important match because his head was out of it for five seconds. Not my dad, he was ecstatic, going so far as having a party planned as a celebration of me being the third loser. I'm starting to wonder who the bigger loser is, the kid who finished fourth, or the man celebrating the kid who finished fourth? Doesn't matter, I like the attention, and it's pretty cool to be doing something with my dad. The two of us aren't exactly the epitome of father and son moments.

EDIT- Here's the video posted in all it's sub-HD glory:

[Youtube Link Removed]

Comment [0] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on February 29, 2010 at 9:10PM. [1] modification, last edited at 10:13PM, reason being: Youtube link is up.

March 21, 2010

gdkfgndfgdfk'gjdsfgjdklfgjdsfgjsd'fjg';sdlbnjk'sdfgl'sdmfkgjds'fkgjsdfl;gda;l'jgkldjsflk'gjdsklbvcvblxcvbn'dklfmskmgdsghkdjgkl'dsfgljdf'klgjd'fgjgjds'kfgjl'dgjsfjgdfgj'sdf,hmdklbvnzx'vho]asdhgf[iuf]reitugj]eqoitgopwerioyge]e]e]e]e]e]e]e]e]e]v]sadpovjbdopgias]dfoifuickjksdpojg]dpfojgpoasdfawesomedsadfafgdfhfdg is the only way I can describe how awesome things have been going as of late. Oh sorry, for like the month later update, whoops, oh well it's not like anyone ever reads this blog. My Youtube channel on the otherhand, I've got like a whole 5 subscibers of people I don't know! Like oh my gosh, right? Ok, enough with that, on the off chance someone is actually reading this, I wouldn't want them to think it's the written domain of a 13 year old girl who's fallen madly in love with Justin Bieber. We have another tennis tournament in a few weeks, and I'm legitametly physced about it. People at school have actually noticed who I am, and stopped me in the halls asking me if I could beat "Steve" (I'll call him "Steve" because it's generic, and as I've said before, I don't want too much personal info on my blog), apparently the school's concensus is that "Steve" is an carp. He's apparently a snob who's in this school because mom and pops "donate" more money to the school than anyone else. His grades aren't up to our school's cut off, but as they say, money talks.

Dad and I have been pretty close since that tournament. The party he threw for me being the third loser was odd to say the least. He invited a bunch of family, but random family, like a second cousin, or an aunt I've never met before. It was pretty somber, luckly I invited some of my new friends to join the mix which made the odd situation about 3% less awkward.

The tournament I spoke of earlier is another singles event, be sure that this time I'm actually going to train, and have some confidence on my side. Best part is, I get a week off of school.

Comment [0] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on March 21, 2010 at 4:23PM.

April 5, 2010

Training has been intense. I've been been doing literally hundreds of serves a day, and a bunch of volleys. I'm trying to keep up with what "Steve" is doing but it's difficult. Coach recommended that I should have a higher protein diet to increase muscle mass so that I can launch a sweet ace, and that I should work on more endurance, and speed training for when I'd need to recover in a match. With that in mind, I'm eating a big piece of chicken as I type this out. I don't particularily care for chicken, but whatever.

This focus on my training has seemingly put a strain on my studies. Marks have dropped for me almost across the board. But it's a trade off I'm willing to accept. I've never been happier in my life, my dad and I are starting to have those father son moments you'd see on "Leave It To Beaver" or something, and I've actually got a social life. Shock and awe.

Comment [0] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on April 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM.

April 14, 2010

The tournament has started. The compeitition has been unreal. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Everyone is so serious, and so quiet. You could literally hear a pin drop during the matches. Kind of creepy. But it actually helped keep the mind in focus. My first match was fairly easy, as it seemed I was playing against someone who was more of a rookie than I was. I literally just threw aces and won the match easily. The rest of the round robin play was much of the same. It seems my training has really paid off. That's all for day one. I won the group, and am going onto the next round tomorrow. Video embedded below.

Comment [0] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on April 14, 2010 at 7:23PM.

April 15, 2010

Today was... interesting. I heard "Steve" destroyed every opponent he faced. Like they had to get a wahhhhmmmbulance cause he just mauled them. Uh, my first playoff match was a cake walk once again. Second one was a bit harder. Dude had a great serve, and that initially caught me off guard since it was like a lazer beam. Thing is, he played an outside game, where he'd play around the court rather than in it. So a couple of well time light hits put him in a position where he couldn't hit it back. I'm actually surprised he made it this far without someone noticing that huge flaw. Tommorow is the semi and quarter finals, should be fun.

Comment [0] Posted in "Stuff" by DBR52 on April 15, 2010 at 6:29PM.

April 16, 2010

I'm going to spare you a boring paragraph and just show you this video:

[Youtube video]

I literally have no words to describe how I feel right now. It's insane. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I can see that my opponent will be "Steve" in the final. THIS IS INSANE. IT'S LIKE I'M ON A BOAT, OR I'M THE BOSS, OR SOMETHING EQUALLY AMAZING!! Obviously I can't take "Steve" lightly, but carp if I ain't pumped like a supersoaker.

Comment [1] Posted in "ZOMGOSH I'M AWESOME" by DBR52 on April 16, 2010 at 5:23PM.

April 19, 2010

I only made this post because I feel I should update the three people reading. I lost. I gave it every bit I had, and I lost. When I knew he had the game in his hands tears began to run down my face. I prayed beforehand, and I prayed during, and I lost. I lost because he was better than me. Not because I didn't try. I hit the final volley, just not hard enough, it hit the net.That's how I lost. But he had the game from the opening serve, I was always on the defensive, never getting a chance to lay down the law.

After that my dad hasn't spoken to me. He was recording this match, as he was for each other, but after it the camera has seemingly disapeared. I can only imagine he's as disapointed as I am, no one should see that video. At school I'm now known as the first loser, or ""Steve"'s carp". Fun ride. Practise tomorrow is going to be brutal.

Comment [2] Posted in "There's a time to cry, and a time to dry your eyes" by DBR52 on April 19, 2010 at 9:32PM.

April 21, 2010

Despite being a loser, coach nominated me and "Steve" for the provincial tournament next month. Don't know if I should. Facing the humiliation of losing at that last tournament kind of makes me want to quit tennis. Part of me knows that this is the perfect chance at redemption. If I were to destroy "Steve", then wow. I'll stick with tennis for now, but I can't say I'll be going to that tournament now.

Comment [4] Posted in "There's a time to cry, and a time to dry your eyes" by DBR52 on April 21, 2010 at 7:39PM.

April 28, 2010

I'm going to the tournament. At pratise "Steve" pissed me off, that was the tipping point. I'm going to win that tournament, restore my name, and my dad's confidence in me. Things have gotten awkward between us again, and this has to end.

Comment [1] Posted in "The run to redemption" by DBR52 on April 28, 2010 at 7:19PM.

May 8, 2010

The tournament is tomorrow. I've trained harder than ever before. My dad's coming to show support. It'll be an awkward drive to the arena. I see no other opponent other than "Steve".

Comment [0] Posted in "The run to redemption" by DBR52 on May 8, 2010 at 5:29PM.

May 9, 2010

I breezed through the round robin. Everyone who wasn't "Steve" was just an obstacle in a barren course.

Comment [0] Posted in "The run to redemption" by DBR52 on May 9, 2010 at 5:34PM.

May 31, 2010

The set was knotted in a duce at 45 a piece. I shoot an ace to take the lead. He responds with a strong round of volleying that eventually catches me off guard. We're at a duce once again. My serving arm is weak because of all the pressure I've been putting on it from training, and the tournament itself. I try to blast another, the serve isn't diagonally, it goes out of the court. His point. I serve one more perfect shot, he bats it back, I hit it back at him, and run up so that he doesn't smash it in a blind spot. He hits it above me, I try to backtrack and hit it back, I miss. I lose.

Comments closed. Posted in "Failure by any other name" by DBR52 on May 31, 2010.

June 13, 2010

I don't know why I bother any more. After that loss I told coach I quit. Haven't spoken to dad much since then, and my social life has went to the way it was before. At school the jocks, and friends still made fun of me. But after losing to "Steve" again, it got worse. It's to the point where I purposely skip school, or hide my self when I am at school. My grades are in the carp, and exams are next week. Sweet.

Comments closed. Posted in "I don't even care" by DBR52 on June 13, 2010.

July 2, 2010

I failed a couple of courses at school. Grand. Life has been a hell hole, after experience the kind of high I had, and going back to nothing so quickly, it's jarring. I cry myself to sleep, praying that the new day will be better. It isn't. It's to the point where I've put that hunting rifle I got for Christmas to my head. But then I just cry, and realize I couldn't do it.

Comments closed. Posted in "I don't even care" by DBR52 on July 2, 2010.

The plaid shirted man takes a sip from his cup before saying, "So, these messages on your blog are pretty bad, huh George? Why'd you make them?".

"I made them so I wouldn't go crazy. It first started as just a place to collect thoughts, but became my vent."

"Well...", the man hesitates as he reads the paper again, "it's pretty obvious that you suffer from depression. The suicidal actions you've attempted are frightening."

"It's not scary, it's my reality." George says with the most somber of tones

Go check my Youtube channel, I'm a fame carp, I need moar views.

(Jul. 22, 2009  2:15 AM)To Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2009  2:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it seriously looks nothing like a beyblade

It's because I have no talent.

Maybe it'll look more like a Beyblade once I colour it in.

Actually he did something called "trying".

He tried, it might not look anything official, but "trying" is a key word.

This is my only opinion on the manner. An HONEST one....