The upgrade of our software is done!

Dear World Bladers,

We just wanted to notify you that we will most likely experience a short downtime of around an hour, perhaps two, on Thursday May 1st 2014 at 6 PM GMT/1PM ET, to allow for much needed software updates as well as plugin fixes.

Hopefully this will at least help us get rid of the SPAM bots!
Yay! Using the goodbye spammer tool is such a pain!
What's a goodbye spammer tool?
It's a tool moderators use to get rid of SPAM bots.
but how does it really get rid of SPAMbots?
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:33 AM)KilluaZoldyckXD Wrote: but how does it really get rid of SPAMbots?

It automatically bans their IP address and their account and deletes any post, thread and private message they may have submitted all in one click. It just does not stop them from registering : prevention is what we want more than suppression.
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:33 AM)KilluaZoldyckXD Wrote: but how does it really get rid of SPAMbots?

It automatically bans their IP address and their account and deletes any post, thread and private message they may have submitted all in one click. It just does not stop them from registering : prevention is what we want more than suppression.

Is that a reason why most of the accounts I saw In our member list not activated?
Yes, we turned on the email activation feature to try to block most of the SPAM bots, but apparently most are smart enough to indeed go activate their accounts, or we have a loophole somewhere which the upgrades will fix.
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, we turned on the email activation feature to try to block most of the SPAM bots, but apparently most are smart enough to indeed go activate their accounts, or we have a loophole somewhere which the upgrades will fix.
Does this mean the accounts which are not activated will be erased completely?
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:46 AM)KilluaZoldyckXD Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, we turned on the email activation feature to try to block most of the SPAM bots, but apparently most are smart enough to indeed go activate their accounts, or we have a loophole somewhere which the upgrades will fix.
Does this mean the accounts which are not activated will be erased completely?

Only those with clearly bot-like usernames.
Their should be a way to get rid of long inactive user profiles
Then all of their contributions if there were any would disappear. If they had been to tournaments but made no contributions, it'd still cause problems.
Sounds awesome. So no more weirdos in the active users list.
I agree on what Sniper suggested we should probably get rid of the accounts which haven't been active in a long time
It's not a good idea, as old post that are useful would be removed as well. Also, what if these people returned? What if they had tons of faces? All of their resources just to achieve those all gone like that? It would be unfair, to say at least....
What am I going to do for an hour now! ? Hope this gets rid of those SPAM bots.

Also, I wouldn't agree on deleting old accounts. What if I was gone for 2 years and found out all my hard work getting faces and battling went to wast ?

Can you teach me how yo do that because my site is facing spambots.Also,I have a suggestion.Instead of blocking IP adresses and having to activate email activation,why don't you just block their source?Obviously,they come from somewhere so why not track their signal back to the owner and send a virus link,which when opened,will cause the spambot to install a virus in itself?That would be smart and then you wouldn't have to deal with it for some time!
Or,you should trace the signal and then reprogam it to do your deeds?
(Apr. 30, 2014  11:13 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote:

Can you teach me how yo do that because my site is facing spambots.Also,I have a suggestion.Instead of blocking IP adresses and having to activate email activation,why don't you just block their source?Obviously,they come from somewhere so why not track their signal back to the owner and send a virus link,which when opened,will cause the spambot to install a virus in itself?That would be smart and then you wouldn't have to deal with it for some time!
i think that might be illegal...
(Apr. 30, 2014  11:32 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2014  11:13 PM)King E.Emperor Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:36 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It automatically bans their IP address and their account and deletes any post, thread and private message they may have submitted all in one click. It just does not stop them from registering : prevention is what we want more than suppression.

i think that might be illegal...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!I didn't know you had a sense of humor(JK)but really,I hit my head while LOL 'ing.
But really,do you think it's illegal?I mean if you kill a guy in self-defense,you wouldn't get locked up.That's kinda the same thing."No one can be deprived of life,liberty,or property.In this case,the wbo is being filled with spambots which i hurting their property!I'm trying o prove myself to Kai-v!
I'd rather not go forward with this, just incase something serious would end up happening with forum.

However, it'd be absolutely amazing to get rid of all the SPAM Bots, as well as all the advertisements SPAM Bots post.

Hopefully this turns out decent.
(May. 01, 2014  12:22 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!I didn't know you had a sense of humor(JK)but really,I hit my head while LOL 'ing.
But really,do you think it's illegal?I mean if you kill a guy in self-defense,you wouldn't get locked up.That's kinda the same thing."No one can be deprived of life,liberty,or property.In this case,the wbo is being filled with spambots which i hurting their property!I'm trying o prove myself to Kai-v!

You should really do some reading about the subject if you want to have informed input..

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030

"Whoever— knowingly causes the transmission of a program, information, code, or command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally causes damage without authorization, to a protected computer;" (Absolutely, it is illegal)
... Also, it wouldn't be considered "Self Defense" because you would INTENTIONALLY send a virus to the source.
(Apr. 30, 2014  2:12 PM)Another Wrote: What am I going to do for an hour now! ? Hope this gets rid of those SPAM bots.

Also, I wouldn't agree on deleting old accounts. What if I was gone for 2 years and found out all my hard work getting faces and battling went to wast ?

yeah I guess your'e right about that but I was actually reffering to the accounts that wasn't been used for a year and does not have any posts or threads
Great news, surely this will help in many things Smile
I understand...but wouldn't that putsThe SPAM bots in the wrong place?It is considered illegal according to that site.Also,are you sure that's a trustworthy site?
(May. 01, 2014  1:20 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
(May. 01, 2014  12:22 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!I didn't know you had a sense of humor(JK)but really,I hit my head while LOL 'ing.

You should really do some reading about the subject if you want to have informed input..

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030

"Whoever— knowingly causes the transmission of a program, information, code, or command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally causes damage without authorization, to a protected computer;" (Absolutely, it is illegal)