Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average

The Whole Matter of Prizes
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #486 (1,126)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days V

What do you usually give out as prizes ?

We try to provide as much reimbursement as possible, but is it relatively easy for you to pay for prizes on your own ?

Also, are the prizes usually Beyblades the winners do not have already ? Are they Beyblades that really contain competitive parts that would improve their collection a lot and help them even more for future tournaments ?

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Apr 04 2012 03:05 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Primal

Dragooon Rage
BeyRank: #160 (1,272)
Rose Gold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceUnicorno FaceWolborg FaceAquila FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceKronos FaceOrion FaceBeelzeb FaceHoruseus FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceCygnus FaceCrown FaceGold FaceSerpent FaceNemesis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Escolpio Face

Whenever I have the money, I try to get TAKARA-TOMY/Sono Kong prizes. I try to get Beyblades that are competitive and/or new if I can.

When I'm low on money, I usually opt for some of the more competitive Hasbro Beyblades (Ray Unicorno, Galaxy Pegasis, etc.).

Apr 04 2012 04:32 PM
Uwik

Professor Processor
BeyRank: #26 (1,498)
Rose Gold FaceAmber FaceDraciel FaceFace of Days IIGold FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceHerculeo FaceSilver FaceSapphire FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceAntique FaceWolborg FaceAnubis FaceMetal FaceAmethyst FaceGold FaceRuby FaceBlaze FacePegasis II FaceSilver FaceGold FaceGold FaceBeelzeb FaceUranus FaceFace of Days IIIBronze FaceSagittario FaceSerpent FaceGold FaceCygnus FaceKronos FaceHerculeo FaceChimera FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of SoulSilver FacePeridot FaceOnyx FaceAnniversary Face 2013L Drago Armored FaceSusanow FaceReviser FaceBalro II FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 Face

By competitive, do you mean just for the R2F, CS etc?
Apr 04 2012 04:36 PM
Primal

Dragooon Rage
BeyRank: #160 (1,272)
Rose Gold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceUnicorno FaceWolborg FaceAquila FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceKronos FaceOrion FaceBeelzeb FaceHoruseus FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceCygnus FaceCrown FaceGold FaceSerpent FaceNemesis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Escolpio Face

Yes, that's what I meant.

Apr 04 2012 04:44 PM
Uwik

Professor Processor
BeyRank: #26 (1,498)
Rose Gold FaceAmber FaceDraciel FaceFace of Days IIGold FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceHerculeo FaceSilver FaceSapphire FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceAntique FaceWolborg FaceAnubis FaceMetal FaceAmethyst FaceGold FaceRuby FaceBlaze FacePegasis II FaceSilver FaceGold FaceGold FaceBeelzeb FaceUranus FaceFace of Days IIIBronze FaceSagittario FaceSerpent FaceGold FaceCygnus FaceKronos FaceHerculeo FaceChimera FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of SoulSilver FacePeridot FaceOnyx FaceAnniversary Face 2013L Drago Armored FaceSusanow FaceReviser FaceBalro II FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 Face

Just to be crystal clear, would it make a difference if you just buy the parts instead of the whole bey? I see them float around on eBay at times and for cheaper than a starter bey too. I was thinking of doing that as well.

Anyway, about prizes. On my side, players will still likely complain if I give prizes that they already have, even if it contains competitive parts. They always want something new, which is difficult, since the postal system can take a while for online purchases.

So I end up buying collectible beys weeks before, lose the receipts during those weeks, and end up paying them in full myself. Lol.
Apr 04 2012 05:02 PM
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days VHorogium Face

At my tournaments the prizes are always from the latest set of releases. 1st, 2nd and 3rd each get a NIB TakaraTomy bey (1st picks first, etc.) and sometimes 1st place also gets an accessory like a Metal Face II.

@Uwik: During the interim periods between releases sometimes winners end up getting a prize that they already have, but usually those end up being Random Boosters, so there's still some surprise factor. (Not always happy surprises though, Cloud or Meteo for example).
Apr 04 2012 07:03 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #426 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

I always think there's little point giving winners top tier parts because if they won, they probably have them.
I usually just let them order beys through me, it lets people get things they might not otherwise be able to get, and they're always happy with the prize.

That said, it kinda sucks not having actual prizes.

Third prize is normally very small and yeah, I normally get that if I place and bump up other prizes appropriately. It's normally like a dollar or a bronze coloured tool, haha. I will do better in future.

Of course, the way I do things doesn't really allow for reimbursement, and most people here have beyblade passports so prize reimbursement would be pretty minimal anyway. It does make it hard for me to host oftentimes though, having so many expenses (food, prizes, and the stress of hosting takes a heavy toll on me).

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Apr 04 2012 07:47 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days V

Food should really not be the host's reponsibility though.

However, I agree with most of your points.

ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Apr 04 2012 07:54 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

Ahh, but if I don't supply food, the kids who forget to bring food get hungry, and I feel bad. Plus, we normally have barbecues nearby so we can all have a more filling lunch than most would bring. Honestly, that's what got everyone through the first tournament, haha.

And, if parents know that the $5 entry fee "includes" a sausage and bun or two, they're generally much happier to let kids come along.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Apr 04 2012 08:00 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY

From what time to what time was your tournament set ? Does nobody eat three filling meals like the average person is supposed to, hah ? This is becoming off-topic, but really, tournaments are usually from one to four or five. Usually, you have dinner at noon, and then supper around six ... A hot-dog is a whole other meal, hah.

ベイブレード
Apr 04 2012 08:11 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Apr 04 2012 08:14 PM by th!nk.)
Sausage sizzle lunch. We started in the morning, at about 11, and ran... well, far too late. I guess it was more of an "afternoon tea", but yeah, it did replace lunch for a few. Wildly off topic but I rarely eat lunch.

I guess it is getting off topic. For what it's worth, it's easier to choose prizes for plastics tournaments, especially if you lend out strong beys, as it normally means at least someone who places will be able to make use of the prizes. I'm planning /something/ in that regard

Apr 04 2012 08:14 PM
KyubiBey

BasedGod
BeyRank: #92 (1,331)
DJ FaceAmber FaceGold FaceCygnus FaceBull FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIICapricorne FaceBronze FaceFace of Revolution
(This post was last modified: Apr 04 2012 10:56 PM by KyubiBey.)
For bigger tourneys, we provide TT prizes. Just regular tourneys just a few Hasderp beys.

1st Place: Super Bey Battle 2nd Edition
1st Place: Super Beybattle 3rd Edition
3rd Place: Super Bey Battle: Its Raining Beys!

We're back. Come to a Southern Cali Tourney!
Apr 04 2012 10:55 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO
BeyRank: #261 (1,202)
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

If I have a fair amount of money I will have a saught after Takara bey for 1st with 2nd and 3rd split a hasbro twinpack (2nd gets to choose). I also give a prize to last place too something small like a metal face or some spare parts.

I won the last couple of tourneys I hosted resulting in me giving away the 1st place prize. I normaly give it to the person who in my opinion was the best player/sportsman on the day. I try to encourage good sportsmanship in my tournaments without people trying to hard for a prize at the end.

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes.
[Image: snksiggy.jpg]
Sometimes we've no choice but to walk away...
Apr 04 2012 11:52 PM
Fury

~The One And Only~
BeyRank: #924 (1,057)
Amber FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceAquila FaceDraciel FaceRose Gold FaceAnubis FaceEinstein FaceThunder Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceSea Dragon FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIIBronze Face

I always try to do as much prizes as possible! my first tournament i held i had scythe kronos, two rb7's and a hasbro bey. little did i know that double the people then who said they would come showed up -.-, for my next tournament im going to have first pick 3 zero-g beys, 2nd gets two zero-g beys and 3rd gets one. the prizes will be there and will be: samurai ifraid, shinobi saramander, guardian reviser, pirates oroja, and two rbv1's Grin hopefully we get a lot of people to help me pay for it Grin

[Image: wolborgsig.png]
Look At Me Look At You, Unleash Fury Is What Im Going To Do, Cause Im Gonna Win It Baby, What Else Is New, Fury is back, round 2
Give you all the recap, got a Metal Gear flow
Cause it's so solid, my whole team ballin
Apr 16 2012 04:38 AM
Pcyborg

Inconsistent Inc.
BeyRank: #3,022 (933)
DJ FaceWolborg Face

Seeing that I come from a country with loads of TT stuff being available, the only thing which seems to be lacking is limited edition beys. Dimsum seems to be a good source for those.

If its not through him, I'll find some other means somehow. Normal release beys are just too readily available here.

Also, quantity matters. Within the budget, I'd try to squeeze out as much items as possible. Quantity always seems more attractive anyway. I'd usually avoid sets like URS or ultimate sets.
Apr 21 2012 03:16 AM
Justaway

BeyRank: #62 (1,385)
Face of Days IIGold FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIIGold FaceSapphire FaceGold FaceGold FaceAntique FaceCancer FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceGuardian FaceGaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceGold FaceDranzer Flame FaceGigars FaceWolf FaceRose Gold FaceUranus FaceKetos FaceCyber Pegasis FaceLyra FaceCyber Pegasis FaceLyra FaceCounter Leone FaceBeelzeb FaceBeelzeb FaceSerpent FaceKronos FaceNemesis FaceJupiter FaceOrion FaceCrown FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Blaze FaceWBBA L Drago FaceWBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceJiraiya FaceGold FaceSilver FaceDranzer II FaceSamurai Changer FacePerseus FaceGold FaceGold FaceRuby FaceGold FaceMetal FaceAnniversary Face 2013Virgo FacePhoenix FaceCygnus FaceSagittario FaceCapricorne FaceWBBA Caesar FaceBalro II FaceMF2 Face

Except for the Mumbai event, I haven't been able to get prizes for any other event. Moreso, because I already get low pocket money and that too gets exhausted in preparing for the event(snacks and travel fares). The only event where we had prize, we gave the Hasbro double packs to the winners(Ironically that event's finals did not get processed). And, since most people dont own many beyblades here, starters and two-packs of Hasbro were given as prize. I plan to keep them as the prize(unless I exhaust all the money I have again) in my next event as well.
Apr 21 2012 06:17 PM
Ultra

BeyRank: #42 (1,415)
Face of DaysPegasis FaceAntique FaceRose Gold FaceBlaze FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIIOrion FaceLapis Lazuli FaceCygnus FaceFox FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FacePeridot FaceAnniversary Face 2012Libra FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVSapphire FaceRuby FacePassport Face

(Apr 16 2012 04:38 AM)Fury Wrote:  I always try to do as much prizes as possible! my first tournament i held i had scythe kronos, two rb7's and a hasbro bey. little did i know that double the people then who said they would come showed up -.-, for my next tournament im going to have first pick 3 zero-g beys, 2nd gets two zero-g beys and 3rd gets one. the prizes will be there and will be: samurai ifraid, shinobi saramander, guardian reviser, pirates oroja, and two rbv1's Grin hopefully we get a lot of people to help me pay for it Grin

How much did you get in term of reinbursement? Cause even for a big tourney in the UK Blitz probably wouldn't get enough to pay for all that.

Looking to buy purple Einstein RC and red DEMS AR and Bit Protector.
Apr 22 2012 12:05 PM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

Has anyone considered not doing prizes at physical tournaments at all (save for huge events like BeyDays) and simply running all prizing through Credits and either increasing the Credits allotted or putting more basic stuff at the lower end?

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Apr 22 2012 05:48 PM
Ultra

BeyRank: #42 (1,415)
Face of DaysPegasis FaceAntique FaceRose Gold FaceBlaze FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIIOrion FaceLapis Lazuli FaceCygnus FaceFox FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FacePeridot FaceAnniversary Face 2012Libra FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVSapphire FaceRuby FacePassport Face

I think that would be good since no offence to Blitz or anything but for ages we haven't had any prizes for tourneys.

Looking to buy purple Einstein RC and red DEMS AR and Bit Protector.
Apr 22 2012 06:16 PM
Galaxy

NitouryuIai Rashomon
BeyRank: #85 (1,340)
Peridot FaceAntique FaceRose Gold FaceVirgo FaceAmber FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceEinstein FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIAnubis FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceL Drago FaceMetal FaceEmerald FaceAmethyst FaceThunder Dragon FaceFace of Days IIIEscolpio FaceSerpent FaceOrion FacePegasis II FaceSapphire FaceDranzer II FaceRuby FaceSilver FaceEterner FaceKerbecs FaceAverazer FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceDraciel Viper FaceZEO FaceLyra FaceCyber Pegasis FaceHades FaceHoruseus FaceJupiter FaceFox FaceCounter Leone FaceSerpent FaceUranus FaceNemesis FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012Dragoon II FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA L Drago FaceLacerta FaceRock Bison FaceGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceSilver FaceDraciel Viper FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IVGold FaceZEO FaceL Drago FaceGold FaceMF2 Face

(Apr 22 2012 05:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  Has anyone considered not doing prizes at physical tournaments at all (save for huge events like BeyDays) and simply running all prizing through Credits and either increasing the Credits allotted or putting more basic stuff at the lower end?
I think it's difficult to explain to kids and parents that at WBO's tournaments we can only have "virtual" prizes!

I PMed Kai-V some days ago, because I didn't know that there was the possibility to be reimbursed. First, at all WBO's tournaments - organised by me -all players have complained about the fact that prizes were too poor, because I always have bought something - for example: Metal face packages, Beylauncher, etc! - but as you can read not good prizes..
Now that I know that reimbursement exists, prizes will be richer for sure and maybe in this way new players will enter in our tournaments, or, simply, it will be easier to find the minimum number to organise an event.

Try to imagine the reaction of kids and parents if I say them that they're going to pay fees for "virtual prizes" Confused!
Also, in each tournament I organised, guys where interested in playing not in Fourm; in fact, I added them after asking to their parents for a valid e-mail's address!
They didn't know what a credit is, they want to win something!

This kind of thing can't be understood from parents and children!

Melseth,il diavolo che si annida nel profondo della mia mente... mi spinge alla distruzione e alla pazzia...
Apr 23 2012 09:00 PM