* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average

The Hunger Games
famemonster8

I see dead people.
BeyRank: #258 (1,204)
Face of Days IIIFace of Revolution
(This post was last modified: Mar 28 2012 12:13 AM by famemonster8.)
This is the thread for the Hunger Games series and movie.
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR POSTING!
POSTPOSTPOST
THE HUNGER GAMES IS NOW OPEN!

[Image: famemonster8.png]
FAMEMONSTER8: THE BOSS
LOCKED AND READY TO ROCK AT #279!!
(CREDIT TO FOCUS FOR SIGNATURE)
Jan 19 2012 03:06 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Chups

ohhh yeah
BeyRank: #52 (1,405)
Dranzer FaceDraciel FaceRose Gold FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceEinstein FaceUnicorno FaceDragoon FaceCancer FaceThunder Dragon FaceGold FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

<3 amazing books. up to the last one and i love EVERYTHING about it. I wish there were more. Im really pumped for the movie too Smile

[Image: chups3.png]
Credit to Omega.
UniquE - Professional Beyblade team located in Melbourne.
Jan 19 2012 03:17 AM
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #187 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

I think this counts, but IDK: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HUNGER-G...VIE-THREAD

Anyways, I love the series, though the ending was kinda meh to me. Looking forward to the movie, better not turn out like another Eragon though...

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Jan 19 2012 03:21 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Hitsugiya

I <3 Sunny
BeyRank: #40 (1,424)
DJ FaceSilver FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceGold FaceBronze FaceLynx FaceCyber Pegasis FaceUranus FaceJupiter FaceGold FaceRuby FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIICyber Pegasis FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceEterner FaceSilver FaceZEO FaceJiraiya FaceBronze FaceGold FaceSilver FaceLyra FaceOnyx Face

Don't spoil it for me please. I'm only on Ch. 8, the sad thing is.......... I started last week.

[Image: tumblr_m514839BXG1rxccsgo1_400.gif]
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
Jan 19 2012 04:53 AM
Blazeburn

OVER 9000

The Hunger Games is probably my fav book. Im Going to start Book 3 soon!!!!!!!
Jan 19 2012 05:29 AM
famemonster8

I see dead people.

(Jan 19 2012 04:53 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:  Don't spoil it for me please. I'm only on Ch. 8, the sad thing is.......... I started last week.
I am sad to say your not alone. I finished The Hunger Games. Looking for Catching Fire Supaburn Katniss, the smiley on fire!

Jan 19 2012 11:16 PM
ultimateswiftie

Too busy for WBO..?!
BeyRank: #2,664 (966)
(This post was last modified: Jan 22 2012 05:37 PM by ultimateswiftie.)
I loved the books so much, and before I was afraid the movie would spoil it but then I heard that the author, Suzanne Collins, was directing the movie, so you would think that if the author was directing she would want it to be perfect because SHE'S the one who wrote the book.

Ive read all of them, and Famemonster8 (my bro) is only on the first, so he is bugging me to tell him the end of Mockingjay. That gets annoying.Pinching_grin
Supaburn Katniss, the smiley on fire!

Random Though/Edit:
#katnissthesmileyonfire
Smile

~Ultimateswiftie~ Words
Jan 22 2012 05:35 PM
Hitsugiya

I <3 Sunny
BeyRank: #40 (1,424)
DJ FaceSilver FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceGold FaceBronze FaceLynx FaceCyber Pegasis FaceUranus FaceJupiter FaceGold FaceRuby FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIICyber Pegasis FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceEterner FaceSilver FaceZEO FaceJiraiya FaceBronze FaceGold FaceSilver FaceLyra FaceOnyx Face
(This post was last modified: Feb 27 2012 09:50 PM by Hitsugiya.)
My class is going on a field trip to see the Hunger Games movie on the release day. As a class we finished the book 3 weeks ago.
I am angry both at the fact that he died and HOW he died. His death just seamed so. . . insignificant. I just wished he had died a hero of some sort.
. I'm QQ'ing a storm right now because of my favorite character's death.

[Image: tumblr_m514839BXG1rxccsgo1_400.gif]
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
Feb 27 2012 09:47 PM
AwesomeDragoon

Beyblade Dragoon
(This post was last modified: Feb 27 2012 10:39 PM by AwesomeDragoon.)
OH im excited for the movie. i read the books a while ago, and i LOVED them Pinching_grin, i hope to see it on the realeased date, but if not, within the first week DEFINATLY

I think i might just read the books again Grin, for fun

Edit: @hitsugiya
man, u and your class are SOOOO lucky, i just wish my school would do that Smile

Buying Dragoon Beyblades:
My YouTube Channel <Click
Selling Thread <Click
Nothing For Sale ATM
Feb 27 2012 10:38 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Feb 27 2012 11:10 PM by LeonTempest.)
I have not seen the movie or read the book, but it sure does look interesting, and I have heard only good thinsg about the series. When I get the chance, I will definatly pick up a copy, and when I am done, watch the movie.

or, I could be a cheap-o with not as much time on his hands anymore, and just watch the movie, haha

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Feb 27 2012 11:09 PM
MFB Mad Master

The Master Blader
BeyRank: #1,022 (1,050)
Bull FaceAquila FacePassport Face
(This post was last modified: Mar 01 2012 02:08 AM by MFB Mad Master.)
I'm reading this book in Language class! I have got to hand it to the writers, these books are amazing!
Oh, I also love the part where Haymitch slips and falls in his own vomit when he's drunk LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! XDXDXDPinching_grin

I am a Brampton Blader and Im proud of it! Its good to be the Mad Master!
Mar 01 2012 02:04 AM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

@LT13
Read the book or perish like
, haha.
Really though, you must read the books before the movie. I need to re-read them, I've forgotten many things, even characters names.. My God what is wrong with me? ;_;

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Mar 01 2012 02:36 AM
AwesomeDragoon

Beyblade Dragoon
(This post was last modified: Mar 01 2012 05:50 AM by AwesomeDragoon.)
Well for the people who are still undecided as to wheather or not The Hunger Games is worth the read and worth watching on March 23...

I think the Awesome Official Trailers will make your mind up for u Grin

Buying Dragoon Beyblades:
My YouTube Channel <Click
Selling Thread <Click
Nothing For Sale ATM
Mar 01 2012 05:49 AM
apple1075

Beyblasters!

It's awesome but when i first saw the trailer it didn't seem as good as the actual contents of the book, i read them all a while ago, each one in a day, that's how good they were, can't wait for the movie, i love watching books that i've read acted out on the big screen, but there are so many deaths and the theme itself is very mature, how can they stop it being a 15, if it's a 15 i'll have to go to the ticket office wearing a fake moustache and be wearing stilts

[Image: 5ukt6.jpg]
thanks to Blaze12xz for the awesome sig
Mar 01 2012 05:39 PM
MFB Mad Master

The Master Blader
BeyRank: #1,022 (1,050)
Bull FaceAquila FacePassport Face

The movie looks very good and lol to the fake moustache and stilts lol Pinching_grin

I am a Brampton Blader and Im proud of it! Its good to be the Mad Master!
Mar 01 2012 08:38 PM
famemonster8

I see dead people.

imma seeing da movie. I hope. Well, it HAS taylor swift songs, soooo....how bad can it be? Pegasis_Wink

Mar 04 2012 03:30 AM
Temporal

Upper Dragon
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Mar 04 2012 05:15 AM by Temporal.)
(Mar 01 2012 02:36 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:  @LT13
Read the book or perish like
, haha.
Really though, you must read the books before the movie. I need to re-read them, I've forgotten many things, even characters names.. My God what is wrong with me? ;_;

Don't be mean. Rue's one of my favorite characters. By FAR. (Two reasons. One: She was 12. Two: She was black. Need I another reason? She was just awesome.)

(Feb 27 2012 09:47 PM)hitsugiya Wrote:  My class is going on a field trip to see the Hunger Games movie on the release day. As a class we finished the book 3 weeks ago.
I am angry both at the fact that he died and HOW he died. His death just seamed so. . . insignificant. I just wished he had died a hero of some sort.
. I'm QQ'ing a storm right now because of my favorite character's death.

Meh. Finnick was a good character. Though I swore for a good ten minutes after
dies. I cannot forgive Coin for that one.

[Image: RefluxFiction.jpg]
Mar 04 2012 05:13 AM
Chaos Blader

序破Q:||
BeyRank: #177 (1,256)
Bronze FaceSilver FaceLibra FaceEscolpio FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIUnicorno FaceSapphire FaceSilver FaceLibra FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIIWolf FaceRuby FacePassport Face

(Mar 04 2012 05:13 AM)Temporal Wrote:  Meh. Finnick was a good character. Though I swore for a good ten minutes after
dies. I cannot forgive Coin for that one.

I cried for sooo long after this.

Mar 04 2012 01:44 PM
ultimateswiftie

Too busy for WBO..?!
BeyRank: #2,664 (966)

I know, right?!
Sorry for all the spoilers. My friend ruined a bit of the books for me so I don't ever want to do that to someone else.

=A fantastic character.
................................................................................​............................................................

~Ultimateswiftie~ Words
Mar 04 2012 03:55 PM

Just finished the hunger games today.......MUST GET CATCHING FIRE!!!!!

"Remember this Masamune Kadoya, true effort, real training, is found at the very edge of one's limit!"-Klaus
Mar 04 2012 04:24 PM