[Tennessee, Nashville, USA]

Hello all, I am a Blader from Tennessee and have never heard of a tournament in the 9 years I have been Beyblading. Now before anyone gets excited, officially, I do not have this tournament organized yet, this is simply a topic that will be used to try and see how many attendants there would be if one were to happen.

Every year in Nashville, there is an anime convention called MTAC,(Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) and it is quite the draw. People come from states all around to be at this event. It is held downtown at the convention center, which is connected to a hotel, and lasts 3 days. I have attended this for three years now and not once have I heard a mention of Beyblade. I hope to change that.

This year, if I am able to get enough people to say they will go, I will try to get a room set up to where we could actually have a tournament. That is my ultimate goal. The details of the tournament haven't been determined yet, but will be worked out later since the event isn't until Spring 2014.

I attempted to do this for this year, but it didn't pan out. I hope that since there is an entire year to plan this out, maybe this could happen. To get a room at MTAC and hold a tournament in it would be absolutely awesome. It would gather a lot of attention and that would create more fans. If we are unable to get a room, we could possibly go for a booth or a table, where we could still do a tournament and spread the word about Beyblade.

Also, of note, the thought completely escaped me up until now that it would be fully possible to have a tournament at the convention without having to pay the entry fee for the convention. What I mean is, anyone is permitted to walk around in the location that MTAC is held, the only things that one of the wristbands is required for is to enter majority of the rooms or the big shop where you can purchase all sorts of anime related products. This means that if it came down to it and the fee for the convention was an issue for majority of the members who plan to attend, we could simply not have the tournament in one of the official rooms. This is a bridge we will cross when we get to it however, I just thought I would mention it.

Here is a link to the convention page so you can get an idea of what goes on:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=m...BQDwhozUvg

As I have mentioned, details for this are obviously not going to be worked out just yet as the first priority is to get enough people willing to attend and participate.

So please, post in here your opinions and weather you think you would be able to attend or not.

Thanks.
You got my attention sir. Excellent idea!
Since its only about 2 hours away, I'd do what I can to be there.
Thank you, if you know of any others within the area be sure to spread the word. I mean even if only a few people could come to this, it would definitely gain attention from many of the MTAC attenders which could spark an interest in the game.
Dude if ur still thinking about this I'm willing to go I going to mtac this year with my bro
Btw when is it
Btw when is it
And by that I mean mtac
The convention runs from March 29-31.

http://www.mtac.net/

At this point, it is too late to get a booth or get an entire room for something,especially since only two people posted in this topic, but if anyone would be interested in just showing up and maybe bringing a stadium, we could at least have a few battles and maybe introduce it to some newcomers and promote the WBO. The building this is held in is huge and it would be no problem to just find a spot somewhere and have some battles.
nashville isn't that far away from where I live, and when is the next MTAC.
Next year is the next one.
We could always try to shoot for next year, that way there would be more time to plan everything out. If we could not get a room to host a tournament, we could at the very least set one up in the convention center somewhere, as it is huge and there is plenty of room to have a BeyStadium set up.

It is also possible that we could set up a table or booth to spread the word about the popularity of Beyblade and the huge following that exists by showing off the WBO.

There is a lot of potential to this, there just needs to be enough people to commit.

Did an edit to the original post so that we may attempt this for 2014.
I am for sure up for helping. I am in Knoxville which is 3 hour drive, but I am sure I can make it!
Awesome.

I mean, for those who live a few hours away, you could really turn the trip into a pretty nice vacation. The event lasts from Friday until Sunday and every year the location is always connected to a hotel, so it is pretty convenient for those traveling a great distance. While the rooms at the hotel it is connected to usually fill up pretty quick, there are always numerous hotels nearby.

It is located in the middle of the state, in Nashville, so even if you only wanted to come for the tournament and had no interest in other activities going on at the convention, you could venture off into the city.
Necroing because I read your sig lol

I'd be super down for this! We should also have some interim tournaments in the TN/north AL/etc area Grin
Haha thanks!
I definitely like that idea too.

Right now as well as probably the next few months though, I will be unable to do much of anything, which is why I have not attempted to do any other tournaments Uncertain
Sounds epic! I live only 20 minutes from where MTAC is, so i'd definitely go if this happens! But, i'd need to get better at blading first. Pinching_eyes
Awesome! Well, you definitely have a while if it ends up being the first tournament since it is not until 2014.

I am also in talks with a friend of mine who who knows a guy who is over another convention that comes to Nashville every year called GMX. If I am back before then, I may try to get something small set up there as well as it is in November I believe.
Just got a car and would totally take the drive from florida if some good bladers will attend! this gives me time to plan my trip too!
Hopefully, once I return to Tennessee I will be able to begin planning out more for the two conventions and hopefully some smaller tournaments on other areas as well.
If we can get this approved and officially recognized by the WBO that would be nice
(Jul. 23, 2013  4:07 AM)Switchblad3r Wrote: If we can get this approved and officially recognized by the WBO that would be nice

Yeah, it will be no doubt as long as there are enough competitors.
I live in memphis,TN so i'm hoping for a tournament in Tennessee
Awesome! There may just be a nice little following for Beyblade in Tennessee after all!
Keep checking back every now and then as I am hoping to get some planning started when I return back to the United States.
are there anymore active bladers in tennessee? if so then please reply I really want to go to a tournament and my dad said I can only go to one in Tennessee Mississippi or Arkansas. We need atleast 8 confirmed bladers if were going to make a tournament happen so Tennessee and nearby bladers please reply Smile
i live nmurfreesboro tn so we should get the tournamet started
remeber we need 8 confirmed people before we a start a tournament so far we have 5... 6 if RyujinM is still active...
oh ok i'll look to
(Sep. 22, 2013  3:44 AM)Lazer Wrote: remeber we need 8 confirmed people before we a start a tournament so far we have 5... 6 if RyujinM is still active...

... Um, I'm still here, ze... Tired