Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average

"Tales Of" Series
Dude

Reize Maxian
BeyRank: #1,259 (1,031)
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face

Apparently, Namco Bandai filed a trademark for Tales of Xillia in both the US and Europe ( http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/26/tal...e-u-s-too/ )

That's a good thing! I personnally think Tales of Graces F is a better game than Xillia, mainly because of Xillia's over-recycling of graphics and such, but it's still an enjoyable game and it'll be a fun ride for everyone.

That is, if we actually get it... eventually...

[Image: dudehailsignature.jpg]
Mar 26 2012 01:53 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
BeyRank: #1,033 (1,048)
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Just made the BIGGEST noise in class when I read that post. I couldn't contain my excitement. lol

[Image: toyroomsossmackjeevesba.png]
DeviantArt | YouTube
(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻ (°ω°) - Please gobble me kindly.
Quote of the moment:
"You were once an enemy to these men. You were ruthless. You were a survivor."
"I was a different person."
"No...you were a soldier."
"You say that like they're two different things."
"When a TRUE soldier's told to kill, he kills. He does not question why. He does not mourn the fallen. He fulfills his role and moves on to the next."
"Is that what you want to be? A TRUE soldier?"
"No. That is what I am!"

-It's a battle of wits and of the mind in the showdown of Agent Washington and Locus. Red vs Blue: Season 12, Episode 18-
Mar 26 2012 03:04 PM

I wish I actually owned the consoles to play these games on.
Mar 27 2012 07:48 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Memberrs on the GameFAQs boards are complaining about Xillia (or is it Xilia) being incomplete and needing an extra port like Graces f and Vesperia for the PS3. while I don't care whether or not we'll get that port, it'd be nice of the US got the extras treatment that Japan's been getting regarding jRPGs.

Example, our versions of Kingdom Hearts have stuff the originals didn't. The Final Mixes have our stuff, with English dub, and final added stuff that the USdoesn't have. Vesperia has Patty and playable Flynn in Japan. I can go on, but that's all I know. lol

The fact that we have Graces f, an enhanced port, may be a good sign of the Tales times ahead.

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"When a TRUE soldier's told to kill, he kills. He does not question why. He does not mourn the fallen. He fulfills his role and moves on to the next."
"No. That is what I am!"

-It's a battle of wits and of the mind in the showdown of Agent Washington and Locus. Red vs Blue: Season 12, Episode 18-
Mar 27 2012 08:55 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
Antique FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceFace of Days IISea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceEinstein FaceWolborg FaceBrad FaceWyvern FaceSea Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceAquila FaceDark Leopard FaceDark Leopard FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II Face

So, I completed the 'F' part of the game (Which is called Lineage and Legacies, if anyone wonders) just yesterday. I'll put it all in spoiler for anyone that hasn't beaten the game yet.

So, while the Future Arc was annoying, it did elaborate on the main storyline nicely, even if accompanied by cheapness, and a few titles do give us really good abilities, mainly the Accel powers.

Gonna tackle on the Zhonecage, now (Yes, it's actually spelled like that) the EX Dungeon. Should be interesting...

Mar 27 2012 09:40 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Question, does changing the battle difficulty give mondo SP?

Also, do you ha e a list of the crystals made from dualizing? The big ones that are rare like Soaring or Overgrown or Possessed Crystals?

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Mar 27 2012 09:47 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian

Yep, the higher the difficulty, the more extra SP you get. I think you get none when playing on the easy difficulty...

And no, there is no list of dualizing techniques or materials or whatever. I searched high and low on the internets for it during my Japanese Playthrough and never found anything. I guess there's just too much stuff...

Mar 27 2012 09:56 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

I mean from YOUR playthrough, if you focused on Dualizing while you were playing.

The only one I remember from heart is the Soaring Crystal (Pretty Feather and Torn Page). I'd like to make an FAQ detailing what to make, but I need to find the appropriate materials, since a majority of materials used for Dualizing are less than 25% in the mixer. And I havenMt started keeping a track on monster drop Materials until Pretty Feathers from Cawkers (lol) and Desert Eagles in the Western Strahtan Desert.

Also, Carta mini game, fun as hell.

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Mar 27 2012 10:06 PM

@Kaji: Until the 3DS release, certain TotA content was infact US version only so there is a precedent for overseas exclusives within Tales.
Mar 28 2012 10:51 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian

ZhoneCage is a pretty crazy EX Dungeon...

I wonder what Solomus looks like...

Mar 29 2012 04:03 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Discovered the "joys" of Hard and Evil modes. Against the boss before the Amarcian Enclave (the boar thing) and the Veras...so...many...friggin' Life Bottles.

Oh, AND I had my first game over! I think I'm going to lower the boss battles to Moderate...keep other battles on Evil.

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Mar 30 2012 07:50 AM
Dude

Reize Maxian

Yeah, the bosses can be pretty hard. You'll go nuts when fighting... oh, wait, that's spoilers... Never mind!

So, I just managed to beat Carter in Hard, for the Magic Carta mini-game, without letting him get a single point. You might be wondering 'Dude, why do you care for perfect games, anyway? Don't you just want to win?' and no, I want a perfect game because, when you do so on each difficulty, you get a Tales of Vesperia title that gets you a Vesperia costume! On easy, you get a Yuri costume for Asbel and on normal, you get a Patty costume for Sophie. Those two are pretty nice, but the one I really cared about was the costume you get on the Hard difficulty: a Rita Mordio costume for Cheria. I've seen pics of it online and it looks just like Rita, except with pink-ish hair, so I really wanted that one. One problem: On Hard, Carter is a carp cheater. He has an incredibly annoying teleportation move where he pretty much lands square on the good card after a few seconds. Carter never gets the wrong card, naturally, so you better find the right card in the first two or three seconds. I got lucky (On my... 20th try) and finally managed to beat him and got the goddamn title. This better be the best costume I've ever seen!

Mar 30 2012 01:35 PM

(Mar 29 2012 04:03 PM)Dude Wrote:  I wonder what Solomus looks like...

Solomus is the half-dragon guy, right? IIRC he's tall and pale, wears all white and has horns that curl back across his head. It's been a long time since I've seen him though, IIRC it was before the game was even officially released (original version, not F).
Mar 30 2012 06:50 PM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

It's Rita. With Pascal. You can't go wrong with that.

But can't you pause the game as soon as the quote comes up and match it? Unless you have a bad memory...I personally haven't tried it myself yet since I'm all the way at Mt. Zavhert. I REALLY don't wanna travel all the way back...

Also, Fendel Research Facilitiy on Evil, not as bad as Mt. Zavhert on Evil. Those trappers and Butchers make you flinch in Iron Stance easily, and those Butchers run fast when going after Cheria. But the guys in FRF gang up on you when you least expect it. But this is my first time playing on a supremely high difficulty...

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Mar 30 2012 07:24 PM
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #495 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

Apr 04 2012 07:36 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Saw those last night. It sounds like they only got Sam Riegal and Troy Baker back, though Troy sounds a bit different this time around...

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Apr 04 2012 09:00 PM
Dude

Reize Maxian
(This post was last modified: Apr 05 2012 12:26 AM by Dude.)
Rita is voiced by Luci Christian, not Michelle Ruff...

Who's Luci Christian? I HAVE NO BLOODY IDEA!!! Why, for the sake of everything that is holy and sacred, wouldn't you cast Michelle Ruff?! She was AWESOME as Rita!! Miss Christian doesn't sound awful, but I don't care for her, I want my Michelle Ruff!

And you're telling me they couldn't even get Judith Judovitz to voice Estelle? C'mon, I'm pretty sure she wasn't busy, or anything.

This is very very disappointing and it really won't be the same, without 'em.

P.S: Niren is voiced by the same guy thay did General Cross from D.Gray-man. That's okay.

Apr 05 2012 12:23 AM
Rustled Jimmies

KNIGHT OF SPEAR
Ketos FaceHorogium Face

Funimation voice actors. Though, Namco Bandai should've had a say on their voice cast, even if it was Funimation.

I can imagine them pulling the same stunt for Persona 4: The Animation if that ever gets US localised. But this explains the stuff Troy Baker hinted a while back. Not quite PS3 Vesperia, but I'd take a Troy Baker-filled First Strike.

I'm so going to cry when he tells Chibi Repede that "[he] killed [Chibi Repede's] daddy"...in English...I can only imagine the emotion Troy Baker will put in that....

DeviantArt | YouTube
Quote of the moment:
"No. That is what I am!"

Apr 05 2012 02:27 AM
To

Bieber SMASH
BeyRank: #495 (1,124)
Antique FaceDJ FaceFace of DaysSagittario FaceDragoon FaceEmerald FaceEscolpio FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IIBull FaceWolf Face

Yeah, as Kaji mentioned the game was dubbed in Los Angeles. Funimation licensed the movie, but they dub everything in Texas.

Also, Persona 4: The Animation was picked up by Sentai Filmworks. They will be dubbing it.

Apr 05 2012 08:51 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Dude

Reize Maxian

Cool stuff! And Sentai Animation is based... where?

Not in Texas so that they only bring two of the main actors back, right?!

This is seriously disappointing...

Apr 06 2012 02:23 PM