"Tales Of" Series

I was surprised when I realized there were no official thread for these games, even if it was mentionned quite a few times, here and there. For those who don't know, the Tales Of series involving more than 20 titles like Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts and so on...

My favourite is Tales of Vesperia, would it only be because Jamieson Price voices a vilain.

What do you guys think about this series?
Tales of Symphonia is one of my favourite games of all time. It took me years to beat it since I kept getting stuck, leaving it, and coming back to it months later haha. I have ToS: Dawn of the New World as well and have put a decent amount of time into that one, but again, I got stuck.
I agree for Tales of Symphonia, that was pretty damn hard XD I remember the Tower of Slavation driving me crazy

But I completed the sequel pretty quickly, actually ^^' The puzzle solving was much weaker in this one, I think...I did play on the normal difficulty, though, if I remember.

Of course, if the boss battles are the problem, the solution if level farming.
tales of symphonia is my fav game of all time Smile i'm not sure on the exact amount of times, but i think i beat it 5+ times. wish they'd make a tales game for ps3
(Mar. 26, 2010  4:03 AM)SK Wrote: tales of symphonia is my fav game of all time Smile i'm not sure on the exact amount of times, but i think i beat it 5+ times. wish they'd make a tales game for ps3

Vesperia was released on PS3... only in Japan. Like the PS2 port of Symphonia, I guess. Funny thing is, it outsold the 360 version's life time to date sales in one week, yet no North American release announced.
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by the fact we're apparently not getting that port. It has a lot more content than on it. But Troy Baker, the voice actor performing Yuri Lowell said that the voice cast was brought back to record some additionnal stuff, althought he didn't know why.

Possible english release?
That's part of the reason why the Tales franchise is not very big in North America. Half of the series hasn't seen an English release, even when the games sold well. It is pretty bad that we can't even count on Namco Bandai to localize the main series games, let alone the spinoffs like Radiant Mythology 2, and Versus.
(Mar. 26, 2010  4:03 AM)SK Wrote: tales of symphonia is my fav game of all time Smile i'm not sure on the exact amount of times, but i think i beat it 5+ times. wish they'd make a tales game for ps3

Even at five times, wow. How many hours does it take you to beat it?
God, I wish I had this game! I need to go Symphonia hunting now.

But I love this game, it was so much fun to play at my cousin's house and to watch again.
(Mar. 27, 2010  5:59 AM)Kei Wrote: Even at five times, wow. How many hours does it take you to beat it?

lol i don't remember, i'd guess around 12-15 the last few times..haven't played it since 2005 Unhappy btw there's 7 different endings, that's why i finished it so many times (though i saw the kratos ending twice since i was such a kratos-fanboy lol)
I hate to necro, but I don't know why people stopped talking about this series. I made sure to search this thread out before I'd make a new one, but I didn't think it'd be so OLD.

I'm sure Tales fans already know, but NamcoBandai announced the North American port for Tales of Graces f for the PS3. And a lot of fans are pretty mad about their hopes for Tales of Vesperia PS3 getting crushed.

But if you have a PS3, are you excited for this new addition to the "Tales of" series in North America? Which voice actors do you wish would be in this game? I'll see one thing and walk away...NO...YURI...LOWENTHAL. FURRILZ.
Yuri Lowenthal is slightly over-used, in general, but they probably won't bring him back, because he voiced Luke, the main protagonist of Tales of the Abyss, as well as Asch, an important character too. From what I understand, Bandai Namco prefers not re-using the same voice actors too often (Although I can name about a dozen cases where it happened)

But Tales of Graces f being released in english is an amazing thing. I can't wait for it.
But Johnny Yong Bosche was used as Guy in Abyss and Emil in Symphonia: Ratatosk Knights/Dawn of the New World.

Oh, wait, read your post a bit carefully. Yeah, JYB is one case of it. Liam O'Brian another, IIRC...oh wait, yes, he is. Who else...Stephanie Sheh (Rita Mordio IIRC) was in other Tales of games, right?
(Feb. 18, 2011  4:04 AM)Dude Wrote: Yuri Lowenthal is slightly over-used, in general, but they probably won't bring him back, because he voiced Luke, the main protagonist of Tales of the Abyss, as well as Asch, an important character too. From what I understand, Bandai Namco prefers not re-using the same voice actors too often (Although I can name about a dozen cases where it happened)

But Tales of Graces f being released in english is an amazing thing. I can't wait for it.

Yuri's like in almost every non-anime based Scamco game I own.
(Mar. 26, 2010  6:30 PM)To Wrote:

Vesperia was released on PS3... only in Japan. Like the PS2 port of Symphonia, I guess. Funny thing is, it outsold the 360 version's life time to date sales in one week, yet no North American release announced.

That's because Japan eats up anything RPG. In America generally only big name RPG get big sales, especially on Xbox 360. Most Xbox 360 games are FPS types. I was concidering buying FFXIII but I didn't even register the name Tales of Vesperia despite hearing about it a million times. I can't speak for Canada though.
(Feb. 18, 2011  4:19 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: Stephanie Sheh (Rita Mordio IIRC) was in other Tales of games, right?

You remember wrong, friend! Michelle Ruff voiced Rita Mordio.

Also, while Lowenthal is over-used, you can't argue that he does the "Whinning-Troubled-Betrayed Boy" really well. But I still don't think that they'll use him, this time.

Personnally, I'd love Johnny Yong Bosch to voice Richard (Who, in a way, is pretty much the main antagonist) for some reason.
Tales of Phantasia is so hard to beat...I got lost.
Wow...still a dead thread. Not a popular series for you guys, is it?

So let me start a topic to get the ball rollin'. Y'all heard of Tales of Xillia, right? The new PS3 port in Japan coming out? How do you all feel about it? Anything got you interested and hope for a US release (asking too much, but y'know, if Tales of Graces f is a seller, maybe Tales of Xillia might, too).

TBH, I think it'd be cool if some of the old games got ported. Like Destiny. I've always wanted to play Destiny Directors Cut and play as Leon Magnus (dreamy boy, isn't he?). It's mostly him that makes it my most favorite series.

Tales of Xillia is one of those few Tales of Games with a main heroine that just screams "badcarp", a rarity in most JRPG games, named Mira/Milla Maxwell. The story follows a young man named Jude Marthis, who is studying to become a doctor. I...really don't have much to go on. But this YouTube Channel should have enough videos to get you all started.
Xillia is a new game entirely, it's not a "port", lol.

Graces f, Vesperia PS3, and Abyss 3DS are ports. Graces f, and Abyss 3DS will be released in the US.
I'm pretty curious about how Xillia will turn out. They made a bunch of choices that make the game really differ from the others, like the fact that the game will be played in a behind-the-back point of view, instead of the usual bird's eye perspective. The fighting gameplay also looks kinda weird, but still pretty cool.

It goes without saying that I'll buy it, if it gets localized, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game I'd import (And that's saying something)
So you're saying that it doesn't grab you as much as any of the past Tales games?
To be honest, that's pretty much it. I'm not really sure why, too, all characters look at least enjoyable and the gameplay, despite being different, still looks fun. I'm just not really excited for it Uncertain

I just don't see what should be really interesting, for this one. For example, with Vesperia, it's the story, casting and gameplay that got my attention and ultimately made it one of my favourite games. The same could be said for Tales of Graces, really. But I don't even really understand the story, for Xillia...

I dunno. Maybe I just need to check out a few more videos.
TBH, I feel the same. But that's mainly because there's not much going for it. And I'm more of a story type of person, so since there's not much known about the plot, I can't say that I'm into it.
Ah, finally beat Tales of Phantasia. It took forever, but I'm finally done. Time to get another "Tales" game, preferably one for the PSP.
Well a few months ago I beat Tales of The Abyss.

LONGEST. GAME. EVER.

But I thoroughly enjoyed. I found it nearly flawless.