"Tales Of" Series

this series is DA BOMB! lol

just wish I had new gen consoles cuz the most recent Tales games I was able to play was Rebirth and Destiny 2 on PSP.

I've also played through Phantasia, Symphonia, and Abyss. Great games, arguably my favourite series of RPG because of the battle system Grin
So, kinda-sorta bad news, here.

In a recent interview with Kotaku, Hideo Baba apparently said that Tales of Xillia would be released on August 6th. Now, Kotaku is no longer a very reliable source (They're the idiots that announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII's cancellation when that was nothing more than a rumor started by them) but, as this is a full-fledged interview, this is probably reliable, even if the release date is mentionned only in a blurb of text and not in an actual quote from Baba-san.

The bad about it is that, obviously, this pushes back its release of a good month, if not two, which sucks pretty hard. The good about it is that early August will be in the middle of summer, when young gamers have not much to do and could probably go for a great RPG experience. It's actually a classic marketing decision, which I can accept if it helps boost the sales (Some advertising would be nice, but we all know they'll never do much in that category)

So yeah... Too bad, but it'll come out eventually!
(Apr. 01, 2013  5:00 PM)alucardZ Wrote: Great games, arguably my favourite series of RPG because of the battle system Grin

I know what you mean. The greater sense of involvement in battle just makes me feel so much more a part of the story. I have bought consoles solely for these games and I do not regret a penny of it.
Better later than never. I might have a part-time job by then, so I'd be able to pick it up. But with "work" and summer classes, I wouldn't have to worry about not being able to play it until mid-August. Hell, I haven't even beat Tales of Graces f yet. I'm just getting these games for the sake of getting them (with the intention of beating them eventually....coughVesperiacough)
...You haven't finished Graces? Wait... You haven't finished VESPERIA!?

You are literally YEARS late, dude! Go play now! >: (
The reason why I got a new HD TV because my old TV broke and kept me from playing Vesperia. I got to the part where I'm looking for summons in Vesperia, then I got Graces F and started playing that. Then I dropped Graces, picked it up a few months ago, then dropped it for Assassin's Creed. Then dropped that for Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate.

I'm a TERRIBLE gamer. I leave ALL my games unfinished...
I still need to finish Vesperia but that's different. I put it down because it crashed hours into the final dungeon.
Siliconera posted two new english videos of Tales of Xillia! They're hosted on Springboard, so I have no idea how to post them here other than just putting the link...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/tal...sh-videos/

The first vid is an ACTUAL trailer! Brace yourselves, people, it's said Namco Bandai only does those once every 100 years for the Tales series. Well, I can actually see why they rarely do it... Because that trailer is pretty sucky. Seriously, it's like they purposely chose pretty boring moments to show us... I dunno, i'd go for some highlight moments of awesomeness and while there is 'one' moment in the trailer, the rest is just kinda 'meh'. We don't even hear any new voices.

The second one is a gameplay trailer in which we see absolutely nothing new. Recommend skipping it.
It's better than the Abyss 3DS trailer so atleast it shows they're improving.
CC combat isn't something I've come to understand yet though. Atleast tell me we get a regular attack and an arte button this time round.
Oh yeah, it's really simple and fun. The Circle button is the normal attack, X is the Arte button (Artes can be cast limitlessly, so long as you have enough CC) and Square is the guard button, Triangle is menu, of course. When you run out of CC, you won't be able to attack or use Artes but you can instantly and immediately replenish CC by just guarding or standing still for a second. It's very fun!

Here's the trailer on Youtube, just in case:

COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF TALES OF XILLIA FOR THE U.S!!!!!!!!

[Image: 905594_607157119313833_657150617_o.jpg]

As announced on their Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater

Namco Bandai... I forgive you for the late release date. Completely.
Looks like a good selection of preorder bonuses. I might import that if postage isn't insane.
Dracomageat, your name looks insanely familiar. I think I've seen you around on the tales of series forum haha.
Had no idea you were into beyblades too.

Edit: Sweet baby Jesus that Milla figure.. definitely buying a PS3 just to get this. Might as well pick up Graces f while I'm at it too.
Yep, though I've not gone by this name over there since '07.

Graces' child arc is hilarious but I'm playing Co-op with my sister so progressing further is a bit slow.
Just bought my Colllllector's Edition from Gamestop! Can't wait! ^______^

alucardz, you'd do well do get one! The Tales games alone are worth the purchase, but the PS3 has a lot of great titles besides that Joyful_3
Just been informed that my dad is willing to invest in a HDTV... even more incentive for getting a PS3!

I might pre-order it so that either way someone in my family will buy a PS3 hahahaha

Applying for a job in a few days so hopefully that'll help too.

I feel so deprived of Tales series games, the most recent one I've played through is Abyss. Planning to possibly mod my PS3 so I can play the import Tales of Vesperia as well =)
Mod your PS3? Dude, the PS3 is region-free, you can just put in the Tales of Vesperia PS3 disc and it'll automatically play XD That's exactly what i did Tongue_out

The PS3 is very generous for us Import Gamers ^___^
Oh seriously? Awesome LOL time to play all the JRPGs I want to <3
When you do, get yourself Tales of Xillia 2 as well. As we're probably not gonna get that one for another couple o' years, it'd be good to have that awesome game already in your lap Joyful_3
Just wanna express my glee that the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia is now no longer available for pre-order on Gamestop. I feel pretty awesome about getting one 8)

Oh, by the way, Tales of Symphonia and Knight of Ratatosk will apparently be released on PS3 as a remastered HD 'Perfect Edition'... Interesting, I guess '_'
If that comes to the US, I'd get it. I don't wanna look for Dawn of the New World again, because it's hard to find used for some reason.

Also, I wanna properly play that game again.
(May. 14, 2013  7:01 PM)Dude Wrote: remastered HD 'Perfect Edition'
In other words, you get the PAL version extras now.
Bumping this thread with an update:
This is NOT a HD remastering of Dawn but rather a combined rerelease of it and the original Symphonia named the "Unisonant Pack" in japan or "Chronicles" over here.
It will contain everything from Symphonia PS2 translated and everything from the PAL version of Dawn of the New World. It also comes with new Hi-Ougi cut ins and a set of cameo costumes, the only confirmed ones of which so far are Lloyd's Guy costume and Genis' rather weird looking Luke costume.
...And is that worth 60-70 bucks?

Not in my mind, I'm afraid. I'm too busy buying both the Limited Edition AND Collector's Edition of Xillia 8D
New Xillia trailer!! A pretty good one, this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...DaNDDj4tLw#!

We even get to hear Gaius, my favourite character in all Tales games, in this one! And he is most definitely voiced by Travis Willingham... well, if that is indeed Gaius that's speaking at 1:05... but if it is, Gaius is totally Travis!

HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED!!!!!
That was indeed a higher quality of trailer than we usually get.
Looking forward to it.