"Tales Of" Series

Does the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia have different material from the original? Like how the PS3 version of Vesperia changes from the original with the addition of Patty Fleur and Flynn Scifio into your team?
I think it did. There are like a few more Summon Spirits (Which is pointless for me because I never used 'em) and... I dunno for the rest '_'

But I'm pretty sure there's more XD
There are no more summon spirits but there is a new costume for every character, new sidequests, a longer niflheim, more unison attacks and elementally altered techs (eg. blazing tempest) and mystic artes for every character but sheena, who simply gets a cut-in for each spirit.
Really? I thought there was... Shows what I know XD
Minor point, but there's something very pleasant about seeing Tales of Xillia as the fourth 'Most Anticipated!' product on GameStop's website just under kingdom Hearts 1.5 (Which no one was going to beat on that front, let's be honest) as well as the PS4 and Xbone. Nobody is really anticipating the Xbone, but I'm guessing it's to help sales or something.

[Image: Proof.png]

It's almost like we're mainstream, guys! We're above a Call of Duty game! Oo
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

TALES OF XILLIA 2 IS COMING TO THE WEST!! IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06/tal...t-in-2014/

I-I can die in peace, now... Well, after i've played through the game like 15 times XD
I can't wait to play Xillia, I can fully enjoy it knowing that we'll get to play number 2!
I'm intrigued by the TP/AC system but if it's too close to CC, I'm probably not going to enjoy it. I'm still not entirely sure what's going on in Graces' battles.
So we already know Sam Riegel voices Jude, Minae Noji voices Milla, Matthew Mercer voices Alvin and Todd Haberkorn voices Rowen but there are some new facts floating around on the world-wide web, most likely because of the impending, looming release of the game!!

On Wikipedia, Leia was noted as being voiced by Lauren Landa. After a short research, I found she has very little experience and the only roles of hers I knew of were as Litchi "Boobie Lady!" Faye-Ling from BlazBlue and as the Little Queen from Tales of Graces F. Neither of them are bad performances, just nothing to really mark her as a particularly good voice actress, but I'll give her chance Joyful_3 As for Elize and Teepo, she AND the animated doll-abomination-comic-relief were marked on Wikipedia and a few other sources as being both voiced by Erin Fitzgerald. I think that'd be a pretty good choice, actually: Elize is supposed to be a very timid but kind girl, a lot like Sakubo from .hack//G.U or Ion from Tales of the Abyss (Except those two examples are boys... and both of whom she voices, of course) and Teepo is a loud, obnoxious and often annoying little monster which she has several examples of in her resumé, be it only Chie Satonaka in any new version of Persona 4 other than the original. Furthermore, it makes sense for both Elize and Teepo to be voiced by the same person because Teepo is supposed to be Elize's manifested inner-feelings inside a doll: He's what she's not brave enough to be, kind of like a second personality.

I'm unsure about either one because they just kinda come out of nowhere, but those would be nice choices anyway Joyful_3
So, naturally, the game is awesome, but I've encountered a strange glitch...

I was in Milla's village, Nia Kherra, and, whenever I speak with a character with an exclamation mark above their head (Signalling a sub quest) the game cuts to Jude and that person starring each down and the game freezes, though the music still plays in the background. This is somewhat annoying, even if I only ended up losing about 5 minutes of gameplay both times it happened. Has this plagued anyone else? It's just kinda... annoying, y'know Oo
Just preordered my copy. It seems a little silly, what with you lot already having it but apparently Europe gets the game 3 days late. Still, artbook and soundtrack get :).
Okay, I got the bugs figured out! Apparently, it was a data installation error, so I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it, luckily my saved game remained unaffected by it.

On a side note: Teepo's voice is murder for the ears. I like Miss Fitzgerald's voice, I really do, but... This performance is abominable. I want to kill that little monster every time he dares open his... jaws? It doesn't help that the lip sync is absolutely atrocious but, then again, it was also pretty bad in the original Japanese, so I don't really know what I was expecting...

Elize also doesn't really sound good, much more up-beat and joyous while she's supposed to be very timid and almost whispering most of her lines. But hey: It's not NEARLY as bad as Teepo.

Seriously, I instantly had a headache a second after hearing Teepo. It's that bad.
Wait, who is Eliza's voice actress? Wikipedia and Aselia wiki only list her Japanese voice actress so I assumed she was a mute.
No no, she talks, and the info I got that Elize was also voiced by Erin Fitzgerald was wrong as Miss Fitzgerald confirmed to me on Facebook that she voices only Teepo (Though I avoided the more... critical comments) I have absolutely no idea who voices Elize and I can't say I really care: Her performance is not that great, like I said.

It's kinda freaky, actually: Everyone else seems to be really good, I'm even at the part where the party meets Leia to heal Milla's legs and Leia's voice is pretty good too, it's just Elize and Teepo that are... well no, Elize really is okay, but when she talks, Teepo usually talks to, so I guess his annoyance factor kinda radiates over to Elize...

I also hate Ivar's voice, but that could be because I also hate Ivar in general.
I'm actually working on Vesperia (I finally finished the friggin' Dragon Races...) because I'm almost done with that game so I can play Xillia because Graces F is taking too long (I'm beginning to regret playing on Chaos...I enter the Untrodden Snowfield and got WRECKED immediately).

BTW, one of my friends say that after Xillia, they are considering on releasing other Tales of games. Is it true?
...Well Tales of Xillia 2 is already confirmed to be released in North America and Europe in 2014! Maybe that's what he meant? XD
No, like past games. Like, is it confirmed that we're not getting Tales of Innocence R and Hearts R? Or can Xillia and Xillia 2 (and Symphonia/2 HD) change that?
Dunno anything about that, actually. That WOULD be sweet but I didn't hear or read anything surrounding the matter and, if you ask me, that's unlikely... But hey, what do I know?
You're usually on top of the Tales series, so I thought it'd be best to ask "my main source," after all. If we get Xillia 2 and Symphonia/2 HD and they become a huge success, I pray we get a stab of Hearts. I'd really love to play that game.
I've heard nothing about anything post the Unisonant Pack. We'll have to wait and see.
I have a question. I'm in endgame for Vesperia, but I am having trouble for getting the Secret Mission against Duke. When I beat the game and I continue for the EX Dungeon, does it start me before I fight Duke, or is this considered an epilogue and I can't fight him again?

So I finally beat Tales of Vesperia and started on Xillia. Holy Haus (lol). I've never played a Tales of game that reverses using normal attacks and Artes.

That's something. I can do Demon Fist first (even twice), then pound. Fighting as a martial arts fighter like Jude has always been fun for me, like Sheena and Regal from Symphonia, Senel from Legendia, and Sophie from Graces f.
So I'm like super grinding on Hard, and the enemies aren't that bad. Just passed the first area (not Fennmont, more like Aladhi Trail before Hamil), and I'm about twice the enemies' level (I assume their levels increase like they do in Graces f when you up the difficulty). So now I'm getting about half the EXP, which is a pain. And I'm not getting enough Gald too to up my weapons to "third level", so I have to wait that out too.

And OH MY GOD ELIZE'S VOICE.
If you're not fussed about TP, you can Demon Fang 4 or 5 times, then run forward a tad and forward step, allowing you to get in a full combo of basic attacks aswell off the stun. Atleast off the easiest enemies (after that, groups make it hard to do and I don't know if it's still possible).
As for the weapons shop, upgrading one will upgrade all the others in the game so you should be fine, though I'm not quite sure what you're really asking.
Oh no, don't worry about that. I'm way past that part now. I wasn't aware there were "traveling merchants" along the way.

Plus, teleportation. Fun fun.

I'm at the point with 5 characters, and it'll be hard trying to mess around with Links to get titles (I've been trying to get those x <3 x titles, but it's frustrating on how long it takes to get them).

Edit: I'm frustrated that I spent my beginning of the game in Hard, where it takes longer to kill enemies and I get more damage. And all I get are x2 the bonuses. I was thinking, "Oh, I'll get more EXP and Gald like I did in Graces f!" Nope. None of that. To top it off, I get less EXP than the total amount because my level is severely higher than the enemies' (often on average of +4). It's kind of frustrating, especially how long it's kinda taking me to level up and get money.