Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

Check this out guys!

"At E3 2011, it was confirmed that Super Smash Bros. will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U, with the two versions being cross-compatible with each other in some way. Iwata also stated that Masahiro Sakurai is still in the final stages of development for Kid Icarus: Uprising, and has therefore not yet begun production on the next two Super Smash Bros. titles. Sakurai stated that the announcement was made public in order to attract developers needed for the game." -Wikipedia.org

Who else thinks this is great news? This topic is where you can discuss what new characters, stages, and music should be added and Add news on the game here(Considering Kid Icarus: Uprising is now released)!
I think there should be Shadow and some of the other Sonic characters. Like Silver, or Tails or even Knuckles.
Just give us back Melee with more characters and updated graphics.

I want Shadow to be in there with a Chaos Control Final Smash, and Pac-Man as another 3rd party character. As for levels, I'd want one from the underwater Super Mario Bros. level.
Jeez... I need to call my friend Nick, last time I saw him we made a giant list of what we want to see in the next SSB..... really, we have like 3 sheets of paper just for items. That was where we did almost nothing. We have 10-11 sheets of characters we want to see, what their Final Smash should be, their moves, their taunts. Also we suggested a mode that has side-scroller on/off option. I like the 2D-ish battles, but having a 3D-like stage would be cool. Think of Temple in 3D.... all that awesomeness flowing out of the screen.... especially with 3D glasses on a 3D-TV.... my god I almost wet myself thinking of all the awesomeness.
Wow.I loved Super smash bros.Brawl,but this is just going to be great!!I agree with UGottaCetus.Shadow would be great in this game,and silver wouldn't bad either.Smile
Who else thinks the if a 3ds has ssb4 in it that it could be used as a conntrollor, also Jeff, Masked Man, and MM Link with transermation masks should be playable
(Apr. 18, 2012  11:15 PM)All Gen Blader Wrote: Who else thinks the if a 3ds has ssb4 in it that it could be used as a conntrollor, also Jeff, Masked Man, and MM Link with transermation masks should be playable

Why in the world would you want to use the 3DS as a controller when the Wii U's controller has everything a 3DS does?
Well if the game will be in 3D for the 3DS, that will be awesome!! Unfortunately I don't own a 3DSUnhappy.
I'm not understanding this. Just stick with the normal wii and we'll be happy. I agree with Robsta, Melee with new characters and graphics. But now they're jacking it up and putting it on a 3DS and IIRC, a mini wii. Stuff that most people don't have.
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:36 PM)Purple Pony Wrote: I'm not understanding this. Just stick with the normal wii and we'll be happy. I agree with Robsta, Melee with new characters and graphics. But now they're jacking it up and putting it on a 3DS and IIRC, a mini wii. Stuff that most people don't have.

Wii U isn't a mini-Wii, lol. It's a brand new console. Wii has been out since 2006. It's time to move on.
Mii's as playable characters?
I would update the graphics for the 3DS and add more characters to it. I would add more than just mario and pokemon characters.
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:36 PM)Purple Pony Wrote: I'm not understanding this. Just stick with the normal wii and we'll be happy. I agree with Robsta, Melee with new characters and graphics. But now they're jacking it up and putting it on a 3DS and IIRC, a mini wii. Stuff that most people don't have.

The wii died months after SMG2. The only games giving it that spark to compete with other consoles were by Nintendo and for a bit, SEGA. Why would Nintendo try to keep making games for a console that has a huge lack of GOOD 3rd party content, only have around 12-15 games on it that are remotely fun, and down right terrible online playability. I'm not trying to bash the Wii but there is a reason why its dying/dead.

Also, Melee with better graphics already happened - SSBB. They can't make it any better than that on the Wii because of its 480p restrictions. The 3DS needs its own version with brawl, not obly because of the 3D effect, but also because of the massive amount of gimmicks the 3DS holds, not to mention the overwhelmingly awesome Nintendo Network.

Finally, I'd really like to see Shadow, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, EGGMAN, Tails, Zero, Megaman, Liquid, Dark Samus, Infernape, Lucario/Mewtwo, Sceptile, Blastoise, Emboar/Zekrom, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Ryu(Ng), Street Fighter Characters, Bomberman, Super Monkey Ball characters, Resident Evil characters, Viewtiful Joe, and Mr and Ms Pac-Man
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:55 PM)To Wrote: Wii U isn't a mini-Wii, lol. It's a brand new console. Wii has been out since 2006. It's time to move on.

My mistake. I heard from a couple people it was like a mini wii. Wii U is still something new, and new things are just another one of the things I don't know much about.
EDIT:
You do realize that they can't exactly make all those characters in ONE GAME, do you? That would be huge.
I am so looking forward to seeing this game. I can't wait to find it. This is who I hope is there:

-Tails (top priority)
-Shadow (secondary priority)
-Bring Roy Back...
-Bring Mewtwo back...
-Little Mac
-Glass Joe/Von Kaiser (just for a laugh XD)
-Kat/Ana (like the Ice Climbers, together as 1)
(Apr. 25, 2012  12:51 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: Mr and Ms Pac-Man

LOL I just thought of something. What if Pac-Man's Final Smash was a giant yellow ball that begins floating around and if Pac-Man eats it, the other players turn blue with those confused faces and freeze in their spot for 10-15 sec allowing Pac-Man to attack them as he pleases. That would be awesome...
(Apr. 26, 2012  10:57 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2012  12:51 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: Mr and Ms Pac-Man

LOL I just thought of something. What if Pac-Man's Final Smash was a giant yellow ball that begins floating around and if Pac-Man eats it, the other players turn blue with those confused faces and freeze in their spot for 10-15 sec allowing Pac-Man to attack them as he pleases. That would be awesome...

Would't that allow too much time for him to eat them up? Shorten it to 5 seconds, or slow his Final Smash WAY down...
I'm pretty excited for this game, among others, for the 3DS. I'm stoked to see another mode like Subspace Emissary mode.. That was pretty cool seeing all those characters from different genres and games coming together. I think the developers did a really good job with mending it together. Plus, the Wii U looks sick.
I would like a pokemon trainer like they had in the last game, EXCEPT when you switch the characters color it will change the region the trainer and pokemon are from. It could go all the way up to Unova. So, everyone will have their favorite starters! Also, I would like to see the single pokemon they have be able to have evolutions ex. You could use Riolu and then Lucario, or Pichu Pikachu and Raichu Smile
(Apr. 25, 2012  12:51 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote:
Also, Melee with better graphics already happened - SSBB. They can't make it any better than that on the Wii because of its 480p restrictions. The 3DS needs its own version with brawl, not obly because of the 3D effect, but also because of the massive amount of gimmicks the 3DS holds, not to mention the overwhelmingly awesome Nintendo Network.

WHAT, Brawl isn't Melee with better graphics! Brawl is a toned down Melee with some new characters a different engine and better graphics.
Brawl is just Melee with stuff taken out, dumb stuff put in (eg. tripping), slowed down and made to be more child friendly and less competitive overall.

When I say I just want another Melee with better graphics I mean I want the competitiveness that Melee is in a new game with updated graphics and new characters.
In fact if they were to just re-release Melee on the Nintendo Store (or whatever it's called) with some online functionality (that had a good netcode unlike what we see in Brawl) I would buy this atrocious looking console in a heartbeat.
I'd like to see a nerf to wave dashing but otherwise yeah, I'd take a souped up melee over anything even remotely resembling Brawl any day of theweek, month or year.

Also, on the subject of Raichu, what would his recovery move (^B) be?
i got a 3ds and im getting the ssb 3ds
already preordering from EB Games =) cant wait...
Is there already a official release date