Some tips for your creation threads...

As most of you know i'm the author of the successful beyblade story Drahelix is born!

anyway, there have been many threads on your creation recently, and some not that good,so i'm here to put some tips...

tip 1: think about what you're writing before u write it. Make sure you have a plot, and characters, if you haven't think some up before u post a thread, otherwise you're wasting peoples time.

tip 2: Grammar. Please check your Grammar before you post, spell check it on word or something. if your grammar is poor than your story won't become a success.

tip 3: spelling. Spelling is the most important part of a story. if your spelling is wrong, again your story won't be a hit.

tip 4: interesting words. try add some words that aren't just said, and or other boring words. it won't grab hold of the reader and make them hooked.

tip 5: don't keep the story going on too long. If you run out of ideas make an amazing end to the story, normally with a twist, just say that readers go, "oh, I didn't expect that!"

tip 6: sequels. All good stories have sequels. but always think up an idea before you say about a sequel, otherwise they will ask for a preview. also don't say there is a sequel too early on after you finish your first story.

So there you go, I hope story writers will read this before they post their stories and good luck! (I await your comments picking up on my grammar in this post! XD)
Tip 4, u messed up, try rewording that. And yeah, good guide
how did i mess up? do you mean the bit where i put and or?
Like this, use catchy words, unlike everyday boring words, they hook and make your readers excited. In yours, it seemed that it was better to use common words
well yeah, i like looking in a thesauraus (probably spelt that wrong) just to think of a new word to say
Heh, thanks to this, I may actually come up with a Beyblade story... I'll probably start writing it out tomorrow.
But in the OP, there were a few grammar derps. Ex: 'u' instead of 'you'
yeah, i wasn't feeling well aka. migrain, stoumach pains, feeling sick, couldn't concentrait, or in other words like every day
(Jul. 10, 2011  1:01 PM)Nwolf Wrote: bump
You are not allowed to bump outside the beymarket place
Regarding number 4:

Isn't using just the thesaurus a horrible way of doing things? It won't flow correctly, and will seem out of place. Only use words you know how to use.

Also, you should add a place for the title. Yeah, it doesn't matter much, but if it's something common like, "The Adventure", it won't stand out much. An interesting title attracts viewers, they may not like it, but at least they read it.
(Jul. 10, 2011  4:29 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Regarding number 4:

Isn't using just the thesaurus a horrible way of doing things? It won't flow correctly, and will seem out of place. Only use words you know how to use.

Also, you should add a place for the title. Yeah, it doesn't matter much, but if it's something common like, "The Adventure", it won't stand out much. An interesting title attracts viewers, they may not like it, but at least they read it.

Personally, it annoys me when I see threads that say "My story". Well? ...What is "your story"?

Thesaurus is a great way to learn new words and expand your vocabulary. We're not published authors here so this is all more or less practice anyway.
(Jul. 10, 2011  4:43 PM)Deikailo Wrote:

Thesaurus is a great way to learn new words and expand your vocabulary. We're not published authors here so this is all more or less practice anyway.

No, as in, writing your story, picking out the boring words, and just switching them completely, without changing any other part of the sentence. Beforehand is perfectly fine.
Ah, good guide.
Also do you need to mention that Character Requests are not suggested?
or you think have Requests is good?
Tip 7
use paragraphs??

I've seen a few stories without paragraphs and it's just an eyesore, no matter how good the story is if the text isn't divided I won't be bothered to read.

EDIT: Exactly what I said but explained in a lot more detail
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/why-we-need-paragraphs/
guys to be honest most f you haven't read my story to comment on, also using a thesauras i recommend, as it teaches you words you don't know, but words you can understand as you know it means the same as a certain word. I don't use words i don't know if that certain sentence doesn't flow well with it. also with character suggestions, i think you should say first come first sereve. so if you only need 1 character use the first one. that way it's fairest, unless you really want your threads spammed.
(Jul. 11, 2011  4:49 PM)Nwolf Wrote: guys to be honest most f you haven't read my story to comment on, also using a thesauras i recommend, as it teaches you words you don't know, but words you can understand as you know it means the same as a certain word. I don't use words i don't know if that certain sentence doesn't flow well with it. also with character suggestions, i think you should say first come first sereve. so if you only need 1 character use the first one. that way it's fairest, unless you really want your threads spammed.

I have to agree with the last part; I've seen a lot of people copy and paste character descriptions into different stories. In fact, as I writer I find it annoying when people almost try to write your story with their character, like saying "He finds the gang and they beybattle, he wins and joins the group". That's why I've tried not to allow characters in my stories.
Another thing i recommend is explaining the beybattle with great detail, as it is the best part.
(Jul. 12, 2011  7:51 AM)Nwolf Wrote: Another thing i recommend is explaining the beybattle with great detail, as it is the best part.

Agreed.
Honestly,expect if you're writing a love story involving beyblades,
Beybattle should be written in details, which beyblade plays a big role in those stories.