[Silver Spring, MD] 03/25/12 - Cherry Blossom Combat

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Cherry Blossom Combat

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Cherry Blossom Combat - 2012's first outdoor tournament in Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, March 25.

The Annual DC Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off on this week, and the current prediction is that the peak bloom will begin on the day of the tournament! So for all you out of towners who are considering coming down to catch the cherry blossoms - this is the time to do it! Smile

Map of MLK Park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed

Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Noon-thirty Wink
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: TakaraTomy beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Tech
  4. J o n
  5. Galaxy4Stars
  6. Katsuya
  7. Ryugablader
  8. Laseryon
  9. night wing 247
  10. BigBang4ever
  11. BillyBlast
  12. Breaker
  13. nerfblader721
  14. SonikkuBey
  15. BeyDestroyer21
  16. N3AR
  17. DAJ
  18. myjuto
  19. PanthroThunderSon1
  20. PanthroThunderSon2
  21. varekaii
  22. beydoc123450
  23. BlitzCyber0
  24. susanow1313
  25. geetster99
  26. Green_blader_12

Maybe's
  1. ©oke
  2. fangleone12321
  3. stormpegasus123
  4. shadow x 9365
  5. Ethan H
  6. EPIC PINOY
  7. dannysma
  8. Blader Stefan
  9. Ga'Hooleone
  10. shadowblader998
  11. aj_the_elite
  12. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  13. BEYBLADEJ
  14. Evolutionblade
  15. Jackychan
  16. drakio

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Glad to have you! Will you be blading as well, or just your sons?
Arghhg, my ranking is dropping by the minute, I can't wait for the tourney.Tongue_out also will there be tables?
There are picnic benches that are bolted to the cement in the covered area for sitting, etc., but we will not be playing there unless it rains. Even if it does rain, we do not play on tables. We lay down blankets and play on those.
put me down as maybe
(Mar. 09, 2012  1:02 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2012  11:31 PM)Blader Stefan Wrote: Uhm... go ahead and take me off ._. I didn't notice it was a Sunday.... ugh...

Can you never do Sundays? Or just this Sunday?

I know... Late reply is late v_v Yeah Aru... it's every Sunday... but put me down as a MAYBE... I'll try to get out of church early something...

If I don't make it for the tourney I may swing past to buy stuff and do a little free play...

-Bladers with the beys Vari Ares, Death Quetzalcoatl, or Blitz Unicorno that are attending the tourney and are willing to sell the please PM me~
Can't arupaeo just hold your matches like 5-15 minutes?
I might be able to make it, I'll see what I can do.
(Mar. 17, 2012  4:55 PM)N3AR Wrote: Can't arupaeo just hold your matches like 5-15 minutes?

When running a tournament with a complex structure (double elimination, Swiss, etc.) it is important that you include the exact number of competitors when the tournament starts. It really isn't a question of holding 1 person's matches, it's a question of holding up the entire tournament.

That being said, Blader Stefan and I are in contact and will work out the logistics of his arrival together. Smile
ight its been confirmed i can come
Yeah my B day past im a offical teenager Grin plus im coming to. I have a idea everyone would like what if Arupeo sells classic 4D beys. So is there going to be a hms tornoment soon. there my favorite of tornoments. Happy mood Grin
Irony at its best.

My parents are considering going to the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. I told them about this, and they said maybe.

So maybe along the way haha?
(Mar. 21, 2012  2:10 AM)beydoc123450 Wrote: Yeah my B day past im a offical teenager Grin plus im coming to. I have a idea everyone would like what if Arupeo sells classic 4D beys. So is there going to be a hms tornoment soon. there my favorite of tornoments. Happy mood Grin
Arupaeo can not host HMS due to his Son(Rock Burn Virgo) But if he finds a babysitter to babysit him then it a possibility he can host HMS.

Hi i live in Maryland and never been to a tournament i might be able to come but i am not sure. Could you put me down as a maybe
Tired put me down on maybe list
Attention

The weather service says there gonna.be some shower or rain during the day so if the ground is wet or muddy will be moved in the pavilion for the whole tournament section
Right, thanks Galaxy.

It is going to rain on Saturday, so regardless of what the rain status is on Sunday we should assume that we will be playing in the pavilion - where it will be nice and dry.

The surface there is concrete, but I have big blankets to lay down so that tips don't get ruined if they get knocked out of the stadium.
Good Luck with this guys! Joyful_3
I hate to ask this, but what is likely to be the latest that this event would be able to finish by assuming everyone on the maybe and confirmed lists attend and participate?
take off tarekaii and change for me
You didn't have to create a new account by the way (which is against the rules). All you had to do was change your username...

I went ahead and changed the name on the list and merged the two accounts. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
okay thanks!
almost 100% im coming
Me n lynx are gonna take all of u by storm!
Is there a rain date or alternative location?
Please read posts #65 and #66.