[Silver Spring, MD] 03/25/12 - Cherry Blossom Combat

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Cherry Blossom Combat

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Cherry Blossom Combat - 2012's first outdoor tournament in Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, March 25.

The Annual DC Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off on this week, and the current prediction is that the peak bloom will begin on the day of the tournament! So for all you out of towners who are considering coming down to catch the cherry blossoms - this is the time to do it! Smile

Map of MLK Park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed

Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Noon-thirty Wink
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: TakaraTomy beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Tech
  4. J o n
  5. Galaxy4Stars
  6. Katsuya
  7. Ryugablader
  8. Laseryon
  9. night wing 247
  10. BigBang4ever
  11. BillyBlast
  12. Breaker
  13. nerfblader721
  14. SonikkuBey
  15. BeyDestroyer21
  16. N3AR
  17. DAJ
  18. myjuto
  19. PanthroThunderSon1
  20. PanthroThunderSon2
  21. varekaii
  22. beydoc123450
  23. BlitzCyber0
  24. susanow1313
  25. geetster99
  26. Green_blader_12

Maybe's
  1. ©oke
  2. fangleone12321
  3. stormpegasus123
  4. shadow x 9365
  5. Ethan H
  6. EPIC PINOY
  7. dannysma
  8. Blader Stefan
  9. Ga'Hooleone
  10. shadowblader998
  11. aj_the_elite
  12. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  13. BEYBLADEJ
  14. Evolutionblade
  15. Jackychan
  16. drakio

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Actually, his son's stuff got stolen(more info). Which is partly Arupaeo's, good luck to him and his son finding their stuff.
When did they realize it was gone. I left before the semi finals
wow i saw an omega fight earlier today, but i left after he announced the finals... but very nice tournament. lots of people were questioning my tip and the only one there with flat ball
I wanna punch the dude who stole his stuff. After all he does for us and someone steals his stuff like what the heck?

Anyways thanks for hosting who won? I left before the finals were announced. I was so close to making it to the finals!
When the tournament was completely over. That when i heard him yelling about his son stuff being taken and etc.
So witch means.....

If one of the person played the event and stayed in the final and stole his stuff will be told to his/her parents and ban him for the next tournament? So His stuff that was taken was Grip with Beypointer, Angle compass and Light Launcher 2 Omega and I have no idea what else he brought....

Other then that.......

The Winners.....

1st Place.....The Almighty Host...Arupaeo!
2nd Place.....The MD Prince...Galaxy4Stars
3rd Place......His 1st Placed Face...BillyBlast!
4th Place......A Blader with High Blader Spirit...myjuto!
I remember watching BRV battle and he used Omega Dragonis TR145wf/xf

lets think... who would be desperate to steal beyblades/equipment?
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:11 AM)N3AR Wrote: I remember watching BRV battle and he used Omega Dragonis TR145wf/xf
Hah that was a very nice to see me watching him use it Smile He would've won if he didn't face any Basalt carp

Green TALK TO THE POOR BLADERS that a good solution to start out?

I know right? In NY we use like everything. Here, almost all I saw was Basalt BD
We should all watch very carefully nex tournament to find who takes our things. At all the tournaments I have been to things have been stolen.Next time I will have a list. I also lost my new Metal Flat if anyone picked it up people kept poking at my stuff random people that is who might have somethings... Well I placed YAY.I was shcked to get to the finals. To think I was so close to second I am amazed at how close I was. Next time I'm gunning for 2nd or above. So I weill be blasting ven harder next time lol.
(Mar. 26, 2012  12:22 AM)N3AR Wrote: I know right? In NY we use like everything. Here, almost all I saw was Basalt BD
3 People with BD........... Jesus Christ wdf with these BD these days on basalt D:

I went through my parts after the tournament and I'm missing 2 basalt wheels.
i found a MF-H near the merry go round anybody lose one?

ps. my gravity pursues is gone i just checked Tired

(Mar. 26, 2012  12:14 AM)Green_blader_12 Wrote: lets think... who would be desperate to steal beyblades/equipment?
dude remember there were a lot of new bladers with inferior combos so you cant base a decision like that too many suspects
Wow i'm now like
[Image: dmwjzk.jpg]

Then i'm like
COME ON GUYS SPEAK UP KIDS!
(Mar. 26, 2012  2:01 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: Wow i'm now like
[Image: dmwjzk.jpg]

Then i'm like
COME ON GUYS SPEAK UP KIDS!

Wat do u mean?
Okay guys. I understand that we all have concerns, but we have to take this to PMs.
(Mar. 26, 2012  2:19 AM)Tech Wrote: Okay guys. I understand that we all have concerns, but we have to take this to PMs.
Actually no. This is very important so this can not go through PM unless someone is the person that stole the stuff that must be responsible

Edit:I'm missing my Omega Dragonis 85 XF

Hi everyone! With 42 Bladers engaged in Cherry Blossom Combat we broke the record for MD's biggest WBO tournament! WTG!

Here are the official results from the Finals...

1st place: Arupaeo
2nd place: Galaxy4Stars
3rd place: BillyBlast
4th place tie: Ryugablader & myjuto
6th place tie: Laseryon & BigBang4ever

Thank you everyone for coming out with strong beyspirit and great sportsmanship! And thank you to our judges, BillyBlast, Breaker, Galaxy4ever, J o n, and Tech! We are consistently fielding some of the largest regular tournaments in the WBO, so congratulations all for spreading the word and keeping beyblade strong in MD!

I also want to take some time to address the issue of theft at some of our events - including this one.

It is sad to say that some people don't have respect for the property of others and what it represents to them. Younger or older, better off or less, the beyblades and equipment that have been stolen are more than just "things" to us.

They represent the hard work that we have put into summer jobs, the dedication we have shown for keeping up with household chores, the love that our family has shown us through birthday and holiday gifts, and in the case of Burn Rock Virgo each of those things was a reward for a significant achievement in his life as a 3 (now 4) year old boy learning how to become a self-reliant, responsible, and humble young man who is kind to others and exhibits great beyspirit.

I hold great hope that the items that went missing yesterday and in prior tournaments were not taken by members of our community. It goes against everything that we stand for, and would be a shocking betrayal of our fellow Bladers. I would like to think it is more likely that some of the neighborhood kids were responsible. After all, they haven't spent countless hours with us in free play and tournaments, or had one of us share a part that was important for a critical match, or discussed strategy and customization, or any of the other countless ways that we have come together to become a community of cooperation, competition, good sportsmanship and respect.

That being said, I know that during free play beys get left on the ground or mixed into other people's stuff. In fact, no less than 10 times yesterday people brought beys and equipment up to me so that I could make an announcement and make sure that it got back where it belonged.

Sometimes though, we don't notice when things get mixed in with our stuff. So I'd like to ask each of us to take a look at our beyblade collection to see if some of the items that went missing happened to end up with us. If so, please send me a PM and let me know so that the items can be returned at the next tournament. Honest mistakes happen, and you have my word of honor that I will keep our communications private.

This is the list of items to look for from yesterday's tournament:
  • Gravity Perseus
  • 2 x Basalt wheels
  • Omega Dragonis 85XF
  • Omega Dragonis (with some mixture of TR145, 85, XF, or EWD)
  • MF Meteo L-Drago (with some mixture of TR145, 85, XF, or EWD)
  • Hasbro launcher grip with red grip rubber and Metal Assist
  • Black Beypointer
  • Angle Compass
  • Light Launcher 2 (L - the white one)

Thank you all again for what was (missing items notwithstanding) an excellent tournament! I'm very excited by how many bladers we have, and that our beyblade community is alive and strong. I had a great time yesterday, and I hope you all did too!

All my best,

Arupaeo
Damn, those are a lot of items, I was expecting only two or three important parts.

But also damn, forty-two participants, that is very good for an event that is not as big as Anime North.
What's up bladders.
It's sad to here that some people's stuff got stolen or misplaced and picked up. I can see now how important these things are to a lot of us. My boys included. I personally held on to my sons carry case so that didn't happen. I gave them each a launcher cord and blade and they had to come see me to swap out parts.

I'm sorry to hear about the items and hope they are returned to there owners.

With that being me and my boys had a great time and are looking forward to the 2 hour drive to the next tourney.

Thanks Arupaeo and thanks to the judges.
Guys I think we should (not threatingly) PM all the participants what was lost and see who breaks/has the parts...
i dont feel like i did so good this tournament Unhappy and ALSO THERES A KID IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD THAT STEALS FROM KIDS 24/7 he doesnt steal from me cause he knows i will F him up ill go to his house this weekend and ask if he got anything "new"
Unfortunately i couldn't make it to the tournament but it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. i hope i can make it to the next one
srry i couldnt make it but friend/ride canceled. If your stuff is about to get stolen MARK your beys or the tetsuya of the real world will come and take your beys. If any of you have the name tetsuya i dont mean you.
Did anybody make a video or something because i really want to see the tournament