Poll: Is this a good idea?

Yes
90.00%
No
0%
Not sure
10.00%
Total: 100% 30 vote(s)
i say entry 5 for july. it seems right to me. i vote for it and whoever made it! it rocks!
Raigeko13 : Nope. I cleared the browser cache and used another browser , but the problem remains unsolved Uncertain.
I was asked to comment ...

Entry one : Not bad at all. There should have been more red/orange on Sephiroth's hair and clothes though. Some of the shading also does not work with the source of light. There also seems to be something badly blended, or badly erased to the right of Sephiroth, which has some pencil lines which do not match the rest of the smooth lines of the signature. The text is so-so. Usually, you want to try to find meaningful text to insert in your work, not just "PURE EVIL", especially since the background and tone of the signature picture does not really reflect that the two characters are pure evil either.

Entry two : Shades and highlights contradict almost completely the source of light. With the character, it seems to come from right ahead of him, as if it were us, while the lightning bolts are on the right, in the signature image. There are two completely different backgrounds in this picture, which looks very bad. What would those big red bubbles be/represent anyway ...

Entry three : Ah, dirty hair on the right, that looks bad. The background seems to have absolutely no link with the character. She has what could be interpreted as a slightly imposing look on her face, yet you have a slight rainbow of colours with one circle of light in the background. By the way, personally yellow/green and pink are colours I would never mix. While I hate pink itself, I think I can usually concede if a colour arrangement that includes it looks good, but this one does not. The silver/grey hair with the multicolour armour does not really fit since the colour scheme has no real intense colours.

Entry four : You need to work on the way you cut your pictures. The Beyblades fighting at the top right corner seem absolutely unneeded because they do not fit with the picture. Also, what the hell is wrong with Sora's fingers, ah ? Moreover, if you have a picture of a character which has the time stamp on it, if you cannot edit it so that it does not show anymore, then either try cutting the top of the picture until it is not there, or choose another picture.

Entry five : The images are horribly cut. There are basically two Beyblades floating there, with no interaction in between them, no movement. Ryuuga is 'squashed'. Ginga's picture, and probably a part of Ryuuga's as well, is cut, so you cannot see all of his scarf. The image of Ginga was horribly blended. Did you even make the background, or is that the watermark I am seeing right below Big Bang Pegasis ? The animation is unnecessary, or at least you could have only put the text on the signature once, not twice. The borders should really not blink.

Entry six : Vulcan Horuseus smokes ? Text placement is very good, but I have no idea what the background is supposed to be or represent. In the future, choose one texture only and try to do something good with that; do not take several different textures together. Such a bright yellow does not really fit with Vulcan Horuseus. To remedy that, you could have given it yellow highlights, or chosen a different colour for the background that was closer to its colours scheme.

Entry seven : Lines that have nothing to do with the character, that do not even try interact with him. It really seems like a so-so background that could get any character on it, but you have to personalise it for Cloud.

Entry eight : There is no hint that Kratos (is that him ?) interacts with the background at all, nor does that structure behind him that comes from nowhere ... The text should not have such a glow, it would blend better into the background.

Entry nine : Have I not seen this signature before ? I thought this contest only accepted new work that was not for the graphics maker's personal use. Anyway, there seems to be the highlights of a sphere around Shadow, but that is not reflected on the signature at all. It could have been given a glow or something like that, and Shadow also needed one since he is supposed to shine more than the signature, no ? You should have brought the focal, light point right on his side, not on the whole signature. As for what the background is, I suppose it is good.

Entry ten : You used one of the worst pictures of Cyber Pegasis available. Toywiz even had much better ones. The background is terrible, very bland, it has no meaning, and you should never use Bevel and Emboss on anything, seriously. I find that it is one of the worst options on Photoshop, whether you use that program or not. The outer glow on Cyber Pegasis should not remain that default pale yellow colour, it goes horribly with red/pink. Text is OK, but unnecessary, it just fills the empty space in the background.
[Huge quote removed.]

Hmm, guessing by your comments, your vote is for number 1?
Kai-V usually doesn't vote, just critiques.
(Jul. 15, 2011  9:50 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Kai-V usually doesn't vote, just critiques.

Oh, really? Hmm, people who entered can't vote right? Tongue_out
I vote for entry 4
I vote for entry 6 it is my favorite and I absoulutley love the theme, text, and font.
[Huge quote removed.]
Thanx for the rating Kai-V.
I should have made a new one now im sad i could have made one about LoL T_T
Come on we need more votes!!!
I vote for entry 6,LOVE HORUSEUS <3
Vote count:
Entry 1: 0
Entry 2: 0
Entry 3: 3
Entry 4: 1
Entry 5: 1
Entry 6: 2
Entry 7: 0
Entry 8: 0
Entry 9: 0
Entry 10: 0
The official winner is....
[Image: metroid2o.png]
Congrats to Vintage for winning signature of the month!
Congrats Vintage , I knew you were going to win Smile.
That sig is damn sexy haha. Congrats Vintage. :')
Aha, I knew it! Good job on the sig Vintage, and I'm glad you won! Grin