Saddest Beyblade Scene Ever

Poll: Did you ever cry watching Beyblade Metal Fusion?

Yes
20.94%
No
54.97%
Sort of
24.08%
Total: 100% 191 vote(s)
Did you ever cry watching Beyblade Metal Fusion? Even if you didn't, you must've thought at least one of the scenes was absolutely heartbreaking...

Please post the saddest Metal Fusion scene (in your option) here:
You should probably expand this topic to Bakuten Shoot, MFBe, MFB 4D & Zero G. (Sooner)
But in Metal Fusion, I'd say when Ryuuga was trashing Ginga about his dad. Felt really heartbreaking. Also how Ginga just lost control yunno?
(Apr. 05, 2012  6:59 AM)Tris Wrote: You should probably expand this topic to Bakuten Shoot, MFBe, MFB 4D & Zero G. (Sooner)
But in Metal Fusion, I'd say when Ryuuga was trashing Ginga about his dad. Felt really heartbreaking. Also how Ginga just lost control yunno?

same here,, and about beyblade GRevolution when brooklen thinks about his past and then he cries then even i felt like to cry (not that much )
I really did cry (literally) during the scene where Yu battled Reji in The Dragon's Punishment... It was so sad... Yu collapsed and Ryuga just turned his back on him! How could you abandon such a cute little boy?!
Kai dying and Dranzer MS shattering.
MY BEYSPIRIT ;_;
I never did get to see the whole thing. I thought he did lol.
Oh well, Dranzer MS was still enough. D:
(Apr. 05, 2012  7:53 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I never did get to see the whole thing. I thought he did lol.
Oh well, Dranzer MS was still enough. D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHXHZuXC2E
The answer is really not that simple, especially if you consider Japanese symbolism. Raging Phoenix Rising, from Ty Kamara, had written this article for Beyblade Spirit :

Quote:Does Kai Really Die in Beyblade G-Revolution?
Before people had even seen the third and final season of Beyblade, rumours were already circulating that Kai Hiwatari dies towards the end of the series and that his beyblade, along with its Dranzer bit-chip, is destroyed and lost forever. This article will look at the events that lead up to Kai’s supposed ‘death’ and will question whether it is possible that he really does die, or not. It’s important to note that much of the content in this article will be more speculation than definite description, as the interpretation of the events is basically left up to the viewer.

Before looking at the question of whether Kai really dies or not, it’s worth briefly looking at what happened before the moment where he collapses. Note that this is what happens in the English dub version. To cut a long story short, Kai, who had joined the BEGA league, faced off against Brooklyn in episode 42, to fight for the final place on the BEGA team and for the right to battle against Tyson. Kai was overpowered by Brooklyn and not only lost, but was also badly injured. Disgraced, he disappeared for a few episodes, no longer part of the BEGA league. He kept a low profile, watching the progress of Tyson’s team, the G-Revolutions, against Boris Balkov’s BEGA bladers, in the Justice 5 Tournament.

Eventually, after much consideration, and, as a result of his anger at the way events had unfolded, Kai made the decision to join Tyson’s team, who were already 2 matches down to BEGA. Tyson named Kai as his team’s official fifth blader to a stunned audience. But the BEGA bladers and Boris Balkov were anything but shocked and saw Kai as a defeated and desperate waste of their time. Kai challenged Brooklyn again in episode 47 and Brooklyn arrogantly accepted, in disbelief that Kai, who had not even fully recovered from his injuries from their last battle, had seriously returned for more punishment. Brooklyn agreed to battle Kai again with the belief that he would defeat Kai quickly, as he had the last time.

But Brooklyn’s underestimation of Kai proved to be his ultimate weakness. Just as he thought he had defeated Kai for good, Kai called on his beyblading spirit, something Brooklyn lacked, to pull him through. After an intense battle that involved Kai losing a lot of blood and strength and Brooklyn losing a lot of sanity and control, it ended with Kai as the unlikely victor, giving Tyson at least a fighting chance of saving everything good about the beyblading sport.

Although Kai won the match, it could be argued that there actually were early signs during the battle that things could end badly, mostly from Kai’s words. For example, at the beginning of episode 48, Kai says this to his Bit Beast, Dranzer:

‘‘Thanks Dranzer.  For hanging in there for me and all I ask is you tough it out until…until I put Brooklyn away. It won’t be long now.’’

This makes you wonder what might happen to Dranzer after Kai puts Brooklyn away. However, the real signs become very obvious after Kai wins the match and walks away from the bey-dish.

Team G-Revolutions are naturally overjoyed with the win. A pleased Kai slowly and steadily walks to greet them. But as he walks he stumbles. His eyes lose their focus, and he is too drained from the battle to stop himself from falling forward. Those who have watched Beyblade from the very beginning would know that any instance of Kai showing any kind of weakness, whether physical or emotional, is very rare and uncharacteristic. Tyson catches Kai before he falls to the floor and Kai’s concerned and shocked team-mates gather around, asking him what is wrong.

Quotes from the characters at this stage:
Tyson: ‘‘Kai what’s the matter?’’
Ray: ‘‘Yeah Kai, are you okay?’’
Max: ‘‘He’s exhausted!’’
Daichi: ‘‘Should we call a doctor?’’
Kai: ‘‘Ugh…’’
Tyson: ‘‘I think we’d better take him to the doctors!’’
Kai: ‘‘No way, I’m okay.’’ *pulls away from Tyson and stands on his own feet again*

Kai assures his team that he is perfectly fine and tells Tyson not to worry and to concentrate on his upcoming battle. After exchanging a few more words, he then walks away from his friends and a cheering crowd and enters the inner grounds of the bey-stadium. Although he manages to fool his team-mates, he is really in serious need of medical attention. Walking alone down the dimly lit hallway, each step forward is a struggle and Kai’s strength leaves him once again, this time with nobody there to break his fall. He falls to his knees on the floor and it’s clear at this point that he’s not just a little tired from the battle with Brooklyn, nor is he just a little injured.

Breathing heavily, Kai recalls his friends and reasons that his efforts were not for nothing. If he inspired his friends not to give up hope and to keep fighting, then that is all that matters to him and all that he wanted. His words give the impression that he is about to pay a big price for his victory.

Quote from Kai at this stage : 
Kai: "Yeah...it was worth it. I risked everything, but if I inspired my friends, 
Then I'm glad. I had to do it. Now, it's Tyson's turn. 
My days of blading are over." *his hand lets go of his Dranzer beyblade*

When people first saw the above four screenshots, before watching the episode, they obviously thought the worst; Kai looking like he had been through something terrible, injured and bleeding and on his knees on the floor. Not exactly the typical images of the ‘mighty’ Kai people are used to seeing, without a scratch on him and winning battles very easily. It makes sense for people to assume that he is injured enough to be close to death, but the entire idea of an actual death is related to his Bit Beast, Dranzer. After falling to the floor, Kai lets his beyblade fall from his left hand.

Quote from Kai at this stage:
Kai: ‘‘Dranzer, it’s done! You can go.’’ He gives Dranzer permission to leave and at his command, the beyblade starts to crack and finally shatters. The last part to break is the bit-chip of Dranzer, and the phoenix screeches as it shatters.

Kai thanks Dranzer for staying strong for him and helping him to defeat Brooklyn, and closes his eyes, resting against the wall in the hallway, with the broken remains of his beyblade by his side.

Quote from Kai at this stage:
Kai: ‘‘Thank you, my friend.’’ The camera zooms out and the image of Kai resting alone fades to grey and the English dub episode ends here.

It can be argued that the image of Kai fading out to grey holds certain significance in relation to answering the question of whether he dies or not. It could be interpreted as being symbolic of death; in the same way the screen is fading out, Kai's life is also fading. So this final image could reinforce the idea of an end having been reached, which is made more powerful, dramatic and suggestive by the fact that it occurs at the very end of the episode. This gives an impression of finality.

People obviously found the fact that Dranzer shatters and Kai closes his eyes as being something of significance when added to the fact that he is badly injured and weak. More support for the idea that Kai dies is that fact that after Dranzer shatters, Tala is shown in his coma, in hospital, shedding a tear (see below image), but it isn’t clear what the tear is for; whether it’s the fact Kai has had to give up the most important thing to him (Dranzer) to achieve the ultimate victory, whether it’s because it had to end in such a way, or whether it is just over his fallen team-mate, we can only speculate. But the rumours that Kai really dies were fuelled by screenshots of Tala crying while in a coma and it makes sense for people to assume that he could possibly be crying over Kai’s collapse/death. The English dub does not show the image of Tala crying; but in the original this is what happens and allows for an entirely new way of interpreting the turn of events.

A final fact that supports the idea that Kai dies is that his Bit Beast, Dranzer, is a phoenix. Phoenixes are mythological fire birds with the power to be reborn from their own ash. Since Dranzer is a phoenix spirit, she has the power of rebirth and consequently, it makes perfect sense that she could revive Kai if he did die. Many people speculate that this is the interpretation that the creators of Beyblade intended viewers to have. Since we see Kai again before the end of the series, and we know for sure he is alive, many fans of the series believe that he did indeed die in the hallway after the match with Brooklyn, and Dranzer resurrected and saved him.

This all brings us back to the ultimate question, does Kai really die, or not? The answer is what you make it – some think yes he did and was resurrected, and others think no, he just collapsed. Either way the issue is open to a number of interpretations. This article has attempted to help you make up your own mind over the matter, whether you have seen the episode or not.

It looks better with the images from the article, but that will be back up later ...
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
When Ryuga died...
Ending of the original beyblade seriesCrying to many good memories:')
When Hyoma and Regi are battling. The way Hyoma was screaming in terror and how Aries pretty much got murdered was absolutely scary as idk whut to me.
(Apr. 05, 2012  9:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The answer is really not that simple, especially if you consider Japanese symbolism. Raging Phoenix Rising, from Ty Kamara, had written this article for Beyblade Spirit :

Quote:QUOTE WITHIN A QUOTE

It looks better with the images from the article, but that will be back up later ...

Yeah, that all makes sense, but if you watch the following link, it shows that Kai clearly didn't die:

Tyson and Kai begin to battle here. Not only that, in this video, it shows Kai watching Tyson's finale with Brooklyn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4nkfP362I

Aside from that, not that it's exactly canon, but in the manga, it shows Kai's son, Gou (IIRC) in the final chapter.
(Apr. 05, 2012  9:49 PM)PhantomKid Wrote: When Ryuga died...

I agree. I bet the show got a carpload of backlash from that...
(Apr. 05, 2012  10:32 PM)ljadams9 Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2012  9:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The answer is really not that simple, especially if you consider Japanese symbolism. Raging Phoenix Rising, from Ty Kamara, had written this article for Beyblade Spirit :

Quote:QUOTE WITHIN A QUOTE

Yeah, that all makes sense, but if you watch the following link, it shows that Kai clearly didn't die:

Tyson and Kai begin to battle here. Not only that, in this video, it shows Kai watching Tyson's finale with Brooklyn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4nkfP362I

Aside from that, not that it's exactly canon, but in the manga, it shows Kai's son, Gou (IIRC) in the final chapter.

I know all of that, really, and if you had read the article completely, you would have seen that Dranzer's rebirth powers are brought into the matter and Kai resurrected ... If you watch everything with a Japanese mindset, that is the interpretation the Japanese fans got. We had a link with the Japanese fanbase before, and they shared this point of view with us. Actually, I think you might have been there around that time, on Beyblade Damashii ...

So yes, obviously at the end, he is not dead, but "did he die" ? It is entirely subject to interpretations. The English dub was just so different to the original version anyway, I should actually study what they say in the latter ...
(Apr. 05, 2012  11:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I know all of that, really, and if you had read the article completely, you would have seen that Dranzer's rebirth powers are brought into the matter and Kai resurrected ... If you watch everything with a Japanese mindset, that is the interpretation the Japanese fans got. We had a link with the Japanese fanbase before, and they shared this point of view with us. Actually, I think you might have been there around that time, on Beyblade Damashii ...

So yes, obviously at the end, he is not dead, but "did he die" ? It is entirely subject to interpretations. The English dub was just so different to the original version anyway, I should actually study what they say in the latter ...

Hmm, as in "did he die" metaphorically? I believe Dranzer did literally die and, as you said, was reborn. However, in G-Revolution, I hardly remember the word "bit beasts" being used at all. I think during this season, they had merely become metaphors of the Beyblade battle themseleves; funny how they become such small "characters" considering the original series and V-Force featuring them as actual entities. Again, as you said, the dub and the original differed.
There was still the Holy Beasts' spirits in Takao, Kai, Rei, Max and Daichi's Beyblades though. In the Japanese version, they usually call out to their Beyblade tops directly, not the spirit inside it.
It's been years since I watched the series, but they never did explain the whole bit beast side to things too well in the dub. I wouldn't have known they were calling out to the top, rather than the spirit, if you hadn't told me, for example.
In Japanese, the distinction is clear : "Suzaku" versus "Dranzer". Dranzer is just the spinning top.
The saddest Beyblade scene ever would have to be when Ryuga dies
Saddest moment is when Rago came back in the nemesis monster
Ryuga dying is much sadder! Any good person dying is sadder than anything! Poor Ryuga... you were really something special... may you rest forever in peace...
(Apr. 07, 2012  12:48 PM)-1o1-DiAbLO- Wrote: When ryuga died ;(
He died on Episode 148 inherited light when he gave kenta his powers.It was very sad atleast they could have kept him alive.They could have say he teleported himself to mounthagane where ginga lived and hyoma helped him heal himself and then go back to finish Nemesis with Ginga.It would have been pretty awesome.