Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4 Average

SPAM Bots. [READ THIS]
Serotonin

★ // mid afternoon
BeyRank: #545 (1,112)
Gemios FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceFace of DaysDJ FaceDriger FaceDranzer FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceWolborg FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceRose Gold FacePegasis FaceGill FaceL Drago FaceHerculeo FaceBlaze FaceFox FaceBeafowl FaceBeelzeb FaceCygnus FaceEternal Passport Face

This doesn't particularly warrant a news post so I'm just going to sticky it here, since this is where most of the SPAM threads are based.

SPAM Bots are the users who sign up on WBO and post a seemingly unrelated post about a product with links in the post. These are essentially advertisements posted by people who have absolutely no interest in Beyblade.

If you come across one of these, please report it, and do not post in the thread, there is literally no point in doing so - you are only making matters worse by bumping the thread.

Just report it and ignore it, and a member of staff will delete it.

Thank you.

Jul 27 2011 07:10 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

Thank you for posting this ♥.
What's been up with all of the spam bots lately? Anything you know of?

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Jul 27 2011 07:11 PM
Serotonin

★ // mid afternoon
BeyRank: #545 (1,112)
Gemios FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceFace of DaysDJ FaceDriger FaceDranzer FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceWolborg FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceRose Gold FacePegasis FaceGill FaceL Drago FaceHerculeo FaceBlaze FaceFox FaceBeafowl FaceBeelzeb FaceCygnus FaceEternal Passport Face

We're just too damn popular. DJ - Fab!

Jul 27 2011 07:14 PM
Ultimatefry

Whoopity-doo.

(Jul 27 2011 07:10 PM)♥ Wrote:  This doesn't particularly warrant a news post so I'm just going to sticky it here, since this is where most of the SPAM threads are based.

SPAM Bots are the users who sign up on WBO and post a seemingly unrelated post about a product with links in the post. These are essentially advertisements posted by people who have absolutely no interest in Beyblade.

If you come across one of these, please report it, and do not post in the thread, there is literally no point in doing so - you are only making matters worse by bumping the thread.

Just report it and ignore it, and a member of staff will delete it.

Thank you.

Yes, these have been hitting from Facebook to Habbo Hotel, always sayng "GIT FREE HABBO CREDZ!"

Love Beyblade? then why not join the Soulless Children?
You a brony? Join this forum and say Ultimatefry sent you!
[Image: dragonanimated_661528.gif]
Statishicks (Click to View)
CLICK HERE, STORY WRITERS. IF YOUR STORIES ARE SIMILAR TO THIS, CHANGE THEM, OR STOP WRITING.
Jul 27 2011 07:16 PM
Annoying-Fork

STOP POSTING OR...
Antique Face

Of course that you-know-who whose been using a dynamic IP is the closest thing to a bot, we need to definitely shield off dynamic IP's one way or another.

Proud owner of a Thermal Capricorne 125D
Sle(i)pnir the Earth Raptor
Click on this for joy!
[Image: yVrLj.gif]
Jul 27 2011 07:57 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face

:c but then I will be gone.

Jul 27 2011 07:59 PM
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY
BeyRank: #319 (1,178)
Antique FaceGold FaceSilver Face

Thanks man, not sure how much others have seen this but I've seen it 4 times this week.

[Image: olz5u.png]
Jul 27 2011 08:03 PM
Annoying-Fork

STOP POSTING OR...
Antique Face

I did not post that guys name, just in case he is "perched on a corner" waiting to post smut on our boards like he *possibly* did earlier this year again?

Click on this for joy!
Jul 27 2011 08:03 PM
gokurox

Indian Member

(Jul 27 2011 08:03 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:  Thanks man, not sure how much others have seen this but I've seen it 4 times this week.

I reported 7 or 8 ads yesterday.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts, and I apologize in advance if I ever do.

Witness my endeavors in pokemon splicing (Click to View)
Jul 27 2011 08:09 PM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE

Yeah, they are becoming quite the problem. I've seen close to around (20 I guess?) in the past few weeks/month. I wish there was a way to stop them, but at least they usually come on during the night time and I can report them.

Jul 27 2011 08:11 PM
Annoying-Fork

STOP POSTING OR...
Antique Face

I am more or less worried about the servers picking up a slew of level-4 viruses from these profiles.

Click on this for joy!
Jul 27 2011 08:15 PM
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY

(Jul 27 2011 08:09 PM)gokurox Wrote:  
(Jul 27 2011 08:03 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:  Thanks man, not sure how much others have seen this but I've seen it 4 times this week.

I reported 7 or 8 ads yesterday.
Timers, eh?

I see that most of these crack the CATCHPA Code if that is the case.

Jul 27 2011 08:20 PM
Temporal

Upper Dragon
Antique Face

Hrm... It HAS become increasingly common. It's annoying, and it wastes the mods and admins' time. I agree, someone's gonna pick up a virus if nothing is done. Or one of the links in a profile's signature may lead to a virus.

[Image: RefluxFiction.jpg]
Jul 27 2011 08:29 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #590 (1,104)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport Face

We even tried enforcing email registration upon registration, but even that did not work, they still activated themselves.

Anyway, I had already made a news post about this, but I suppose nobody reads it anyway :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Answerin...tions-here

We have easily been getting more than ten every day this week ...

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Jul 27 2011 08:29 PM
Online Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY

Ten ?!

Man, this is huge. I noticed that topic, but I think that now it is sticked, people will notice it more, unless it is similar to what you said in the 'Posting Results' Thread in the Beyblade Customizations Forum. Hopefully it will not begin that way.

Jul 27 2011 08:31 PM
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE

WOW. I thought that there were only maybe 1 or two a day? Amazing.
I say that it's amazing, even though I obviously know it's horrible. I wish there was a way that we could make a sort of "filter" for new members, however I'm sure that something like that does not exist yet...

Jul 27 2011 08:34 PM

Do you have any anti bot questions active on registration? I know there's a few different ones out there, mathematical, image verification, easy answer questions.

[Image: Support.png]
Jul 27 2011 08:37 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport Face

(Jul 27 2011 08:37 PM)snakebite Wrote:  Do you have any anti bot questions active on registration? I know there's a few different ones out there, mathematical, image verification, easy answer questions.

Obviously they are not really bots if they can pass the Captcha verification, as well as go activate their account in their email.

ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Jul 27 2011 08:57 PM
Odin

Time to be creative.
Anniversary Face 2012Ketos Face
(This post was last modified: Jul 27 2011 09:01 PM by Odin.)
I believe there are a few anti-bot Plugins out there... looking as I type. I know of reCAPTCHA II and reCAPTCHA III, although I'm not sure how much help they'll be, or if you've already installed them. Didn't see Kai-V's post. Also, is there something similar between them, like *@yahoo2010.com, or *@yahoo2011.com? Although, I'm pretty sure Kai-V would've already checked that, seeing as that's what she advised me to do in this situation?

[Image: 214qp1w.gif]
Otaku Space | Signature by Medz | YouTube
(Jan 19 2012 04:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote:  I am a genius with powers from out of this world.
Jul 27 2011 08:58 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
(This post was last modified: Jul 27 2011 09:02 PM by Kai-V.)
(Jul 27 2011 08:58 PM)Odin Wrote:  I believe there are a few anti-bot Plugins out there... looking as I type. I know of Re-Captcha II and

They might claim it is better than the default CAPTCHA, but seriously if they can pass the default one, then they should be able to pass reCAPTCHA too ...

Odin Wrote:Also, is there something similar between them, like *@yahoo2010.com, or *@yahoo2011.com? Although, I'm pretty sure Kai-V would've already checked that, seeing as that's what she advised me to do in this situation?

No. I try to ban as many similarities as I can find, but there really are not much. I just banned a whole spread of Russian IP addresses, but otherwise there are barely any similarities.

ベイブレード
Jul 27 2011 09:01 PM