Rule Clarifications

(Feb. 15, 2011  3:52 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Adding weights to grip/ BeyLauncher R body parts for BeyLauncher L and vice versa are legal?

Regarding the Beylauncher, that comes under:

Quote:You may exchange the parts between launchers as long as you do not modify the original technical design of the launcher.

Exchanging parts between Beylauncher R to L and vice versa changes the technical design of a launcher.

(Feb. 15, 2011  3:59 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Seeing as the BB-101 instructions opts for the adding of Batteries in the handle areas, Batteries as weights are not official TT/Hasbro accessories and yet it takes up the whole instruction area.

Oh, seriously? It would be really interesting to see a scan of this, haha.
I meant the exterior body panels not the core or prong direction.
(Feb. 15, 2011  4:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I meant the exterior body panels not the core or prong direction.

Yeah, I know. That is still changing the technical design. Another way of looking at this is you're swapping the internal mechanisms whilst keep the shell, which definitely comes under changing the technical design.

ControL_: That's definitely really interesting; a decision and confirmation in our rules is needed, but that would probably be an exception and would be legal.
(Feb. 15, 2011  4:19 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2011  4:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I meant the exterior body panels not the core or prong direction.

Yeah, I know. That is still changing the technical design. Another way of looking at this is you're swapping the internal mechanisms whilst keep the shell, which definitely comes under changing the technical design.

ControL_: That's definitely really interesting; a decision and confirmation in our rules is needed, but that would probably be an exception and would be legal.
Mmm, AD made a vid on balancing weight on the front and back ect.

Are you allowed to change the prongs if their damaged or you just want to change the colour of them?

Like Hasbro's left spin prongs with TT prongs?
But the shells are technically identical, only aesthetically and ergonomically different.
(Feb. 15, 2011  4:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: But the shells are technically identical, only aesthetically and ergonomically different.

I wouldn't say that makes them identical at all therefore, given the large Left Spin symbol.
I thought technically design was synonymous with mechanical design and its practical application. Now you've cleared it up for me.
When both beys are knocked out of the stadium, does the first bey that exits the stadium loses?

Thanks in advance.
(Mar. 03, 2011  6:12 AM)The82ndBlader Wrote: When both beys are knocked out of the stadium, does the first bey that exits the stadium loses?

Thanks in advance.
Yes.

From the rule book version 3.5:

When is a Beyblade considered knocked-out?
‣ A Beyblade is considered out of play once it exits the play area, not when it touches
the floor/ground outside of the BeyStadium. The moment a Beyblade exits the play
area it is considered out of play.

When the first beyblade exits, it is considered knocked out and that round is finished. If the second bey exits after, it doesn't matter because the round is considered finished already.

Hope that helps.
Scenario:

Beys are launched Bey A & Bey B. Bey B is knocked out and touches the ground, simultaneously Bey A is inside the stadium and about 1-2 seconds Bey B touches the ground Bey A disassembles and falls apart.

Does that count for a win for Bey A or an automatic win for Bey B?
Question, the rules say something about paint on beyblades, can spray paint that chips off be counted as the paint allowed for beyblade use?
(Apr. 14, 2011  11:14 PM)LDragoDestroy Wrote: Question, the rules say something about paint on beyblades, can spray paint that chips off be counted as the paint allowed for beyblade use?

Specifications are already clearly written in the Rulebooks. The conditions are there.
I think it would be Bey A's victory, since Bey A stopped spinning last, even if its by one or two seconds. Not to mention since B went out of the stadium, by the rules, Bey A would win automatically.

Here's my question: Me and my cousin always plays beyblade at his house. His stadium has two little places that beys get stuck in. This should count as an out, but yet, his favorite bey, Cyber Pegasus has bounced out of these before too. So, what would the rule be? Its called the Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium.
(Apr. 23, 2011  5:12 PM)Storm Scorpio Wrote: I think it would be Bey A's victory, since Bey A stopped spinning last, even if its by one or two seconds. Not to mention since B went out of the stadium, by the rules, Bey A would win automatically.

Here's my question: Me and my cousin always plays beyblade at his house. His stadium has two little places that beys get stuck in. This should count as an out, but yet, his favorite bey, Cyber Pegasus has bounced out of these before too. So, what would the rule be? Its called the Pegasus Thunder Whip Stadium.

The Pegasus Thunder Whip is illegal. No need to even answer the question ...

Also, I had already answered ikmv's question because he had posted it in another topic too, as well as sent it to me in a private message I think.
Ok say you are using a Gravity Perseus with a LR launcher, You use it in one Battle and you Lose in Right spin. Can you then Switch to Left spin in the Next Battle. I would assume so since it isnt Changing parts or anything put I am curious.
i asked that in Ask a question get the answer and my response was its legal but im not 2 sure
(May. 02, 2011  8:14 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: Ok say you are using a Gravity Perseus with a LR launcher, You use it in one Battle and you Lose in Right spin. Can you then Switch to Left spin in the Next Battle. I would assume so since it isnt Changing parts or anything put I am curious.

Yes, you can.
What's the ruling on the duotron launcher? Is it legal as long as you only have one beyblade on it? Do you have to put the beyblade on a certain set of prongs?
(May. 03, 2011  10:40 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: What's the ruling on the duotron launcher? Is it legal as long as you only have one beyblade on it? Do you have to put the beyblade on a certain set of prongs?

People actually use that bad launcher ? As long as you remain on your half of the stadium, whatever you do should be fine.
Brad, Kai-V,

There are 2 areas that I would like to see some clarification/changes in the official rules.

#1 "The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you an automatic win for the BeyBattle." (Standard rules v3.5 - Penalty conditions)

This rule is very clear if it happens inside the stadium. Game over dude, your bey got shredded.

However, I have seen several instances where battles were being done on tables, a beyblade gets knocked out of the stadium (intact), and then the tip pops off when it hits the floor. At the tournaments where this happened, the penalty quoted above was enforced and the blader got an automatic loss because his beyblade hit concrete from 4 feet off the ground.

I would like to see this rule amended to something like this:

"The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating inside the stadium ends the BeyBattle and affords you an automatic win for the BeyBattle."

#2 "If a Blader shoots too early or too late, the round immediately ends and the opposing Blader wins the round." (Standard rules v3.5 - Penalty conditions)

Many of our younger bladers frequently launch a bit early. For example they launch on "let" instead of "rip", or on "go" instead of "shoot". Part of the issue here may be less developed auditory/physical processing, and part of it may also be the varying cadence of the round callers.

Late launches have an advantage in stamina and in potentially targeting the opposing bey, but it appears to me that there is no clear advantage to launching early. So my suggestion would be that early launches not be penalized - so our youngest bladers aren't unduly discouraged by a penalty for an action that gives no unfair advantage.

If there are some advantages to launching early, I would be happy to revise my position and are curious as to what the advantage may be.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my suggestions!
Even if there is advantages, I doubt it makes a game breaking difference. However if it does, then why not give the Blader a free re-shoot which is not taken out of their official one. If it happens again then maybe a penalty can take place.
Would be nice to know, while it isn't banned, if I were to host a tourney, could I ban the Rev-Up Launcher? I strongly believe it gives an Unfair advantage to stamina/defence types, basically, it's a PTW in a launcher (doesn't work with left spins, it's impossible to use Attack types at it's full strength, as they just self KO, and Stamina/Defence gets a huge RPM boost compared to opposing attackers with a normal string launcher), and no one uses it correctly with the button or whatever anyway (mostly because the button never really works as it should).

Also, would banning MS and needing clearance by stadium owners for M145 combo's prevent officiality? BB-10 is expensive, and frankly, I don't think it's worth ruining the tourney/my stadium just so people can use horrible combo's/parts, given we've only got two TT attacks, and neither of the owners (myself and Own-Ray) want people using MS in them, at the least.
Hmmm....My stadium also got very battered at the last tournament, however it's beyblade and fun even at the end of the day it gets ruined, I will just need to save up for a new one, thats life an it was my choice to bring it.