Rule Clarifications

I never knew that you could do that!?
Will include that in the rules. Thanks.
(Mar. 22, 2009  10:41 PM)Khel Wrote: I never knew that you could do that!?

Hahaha, I didn't know either.

Will it be legal to use the special BDMS BP as a replacement for the standard BP as long as you are not using it in combination with those MAMS parts?
The rule will ban the use of the special BP as a normal BP.
WTH?!
the rules Wrote:• Other Restrictions
‣ You may not have more than two metal balls in a BB that is designed to carry them.
?
That's from the Restricted Format section. Chief - Sigh ...
I'm still searching, but haven't found this info yet:

How exactly should tourneys be judged? Do you need more than one judge? One per arena? Do we trust the participants to submit valid results? How do we rule when one blader says the other called for relaunch illegally if no judge saw the launch?

I'm just getting started, but there are a lot of kids asking when we can have some tournaments in New Hampshire. I'd like to start with a few unsanctioned ones to get my feet wet, but ultimately, i'd like to have official WBO tournaments.

Is there a comprehensive Judge's Guide that i'm missing?
reading the rules, it states that beylauncher L is only to be used with l-drago and lightning l-drago. this states that meteo isn't legal if used with beylauncher L, the only launcher it works with. could you change that?
(Jan. 20, 2011  12:26 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote: I'm still searching, but haven't found this info yet:

How exactly should tourneys be judged? Do you need more than one judge? One per arena? Do we trust the participants to submit valid results? How do we rule when one blader says the other called for relaunch illegally if no judge saw the launch?

I'm just getting started, but there are a lot of kids asking when we can have some tournaments in New Hampshire. I'd like to start with a few unsanctioned ones to get my feet wet, but ultimately, i'd like to have official WBO tournaments.

Is there a comprehensive Judge's Guide that i'm missing?

I do not know what you mean by "how tournaments should be judged" besides following the Rulebooks and Event Guide.

It is usually prefered if you have at least two judges, especially if that includes you and that you wish to play in the tournament as well. Otherwise, it really depends on the number of participants you have : the more attend, the more judges you should in theory have. However, you can always be fine with just one or two judges, it depends how quickly you want the event to be over and what tournament structure you are using.

Official, recorded battles always have to happen before a judge's eyes. You can never accept players reporting their results to you. And of course, a judge has to be trusted in order to do that job.

I am not certain what your question on the launch was about ...

Hm, a "Judge Guide" would really just be the Rulebooks ... If you can tell when a Blader has lost according to our rules, what parts are illegal according to our rules, etc. then you are ready to be a judge, for the most.

pikabattler Wrote:reading the rules, it states that beylauncher L is only to be used with l-drago and lightning l-drago. this states that meteo isn't legal if used with beylauncher L, the only launcher it works with. could you change that?
Yes, that should be changed soon.
Kai-V,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am a Magic: the Gathering player, and to be a sanctioned judge for M:tG, you need to know hundreds of rulings, thousands of interactions and other bizzarre stuff, AND pass a very difficult test. There are floor rules, judge rules, tournament organizer rules, etc...

I just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything. I want to make sure that when we are ready to start hosting tournaments, that everyone will be getting proper credit for following the rules.

Now, i'm trying to figure out if we should only allow Hasbro product here, because most kids can't get TT stuff. It's hard enough to find "good" Hasbro ones here! The hardest thing for me is getting legal stadiums. I think i could easily get about 30 people for a tournament, and if we all have to use 1 or 2 stadiums, it could take FOREVER!

Was there ever a decision made about legalizing part of that red/yellow "reversable" stadium? It is probably the most affordable besides the new "big size" stadiums
http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Fight-Beyblade...3cb236a0df

Don't even know what those are...

I got ripped of by Beyblademon on a BB-10, and still haven't been able to get a legal one.

Any suggestions?
you got scammed too? well we have reasons why we can't use hasbro stadiums, i thought i should tell you before kai-v goes on one of her speeches why, look around and you will find out why, mainly because of the pit's are too small, there are not enough pit's and it is too flat for the ridge too work.
(Jan. 20, 2011  4:56 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote: Kai-V,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am a Magic: the Gathering player, and to be a sanctioned judge for M:tG, you need to know hundreds of rulings, thousands of interactions and other bizzarre stuff, AND pass a very difficult test. There are floor rules, judge rules, tournament organizer rules, etc...

I just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything. I want to make sure that when we are ready to start hosting tournaments, that everyone will be getting proper credit for following the rules.

Now, i'm trying to figure out if we should only allow Hasbro product here, because most kids can't get TT stuff. It's hard enough to find "good" Hasbro ones here! The hardest thing for me is getting legal stadiums. I think i could easily get about 30 people for a tournament, and if we all have to use 1 or 2 stadiums, it could take FOREVER!

Was there ever a decision made about legalizing part of that red/yellow "reversable" stadium? It is probably the most affordable besides the new "big size" stadiums
http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Fight-Beyblade-2-Battle-Stadium-Big-Size-/260687962335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb236a0df

Don't even know what those are...

I got ripped of by Beyblademon on a BB-10, and still haven't been able to get a legal one.

Any suggestions?
You mean the Standard Type Beystadium ? Yes, the red floor is legal, seeing as it reproduces the Balance Beystadium, slightly. The yellow floor is just too Stamina-oriented though.

We have already seen tournaments where only one legal Beystadium was available, for approximately thirty participants. In those cases we can look into doing Double Elimination instead of Block Round Robin. Moreover, I believe that as long as you have other, even illegal Beystadiums at everyone's disposition, they can remain entertained while waiting for their turn with the few legal Beystadiums so they can have their official matches.

You should try contacting OkinawamTS. He seems reliable, and his price for BB-10 Attack Type Beystadium is quite close to the retail price, so you just need to see what the shipping costs would be.

Also, have you filed a Paypal dispute against beyblademon ?
We need something like.. A Beyblade Bible that ALL Bladers should be obligated to follow-- If they ARE true Bladers that is. Something we can all agree on, but something that doesn't pin us down to being simple robots. Something fun, yet still having those rules to keep the fun fair. One that is updated every so often.
(Jan. 20, 2011  5:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, have you filed a Paypal dispute against beyblademon ?

Yes, I filed. And thank you again for your help. I'll check on those stadiums...
Hey guys i know this might be spam but i just wantted to say i got my money back..... and has anybody gotten their's yet
(Jan. 24, 2011  1:52 AM)SaikonTategami Wrote: We need something like.. A Beyblade Bible that ALL Bladers should be obligated to follow-- If they ARE true Bladers that is. Something we can all agree on, but something that doesn't pin us down to being simple robots. Something fun, yet still having those rules to keep the fun fair. One that is updated every so often.

well the number one rule if that was to happen is never, never, ever, ever launch a bey directly at someone. i had a whole 5 mini rules behind that.
(Jan. 20, 2011  5:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You mean the Standard Type Beystadium ? Yes, the red floor is legal, seeing as it reproduces the Balance Beystadium, slightly. The yellow floor is just too Stamina-oriented though.

This is not listed in the Standard Rules document. Also, when updated, can you (someone) include the ID code (like BB-10) for each stadium listed to prevent confusion and help us get the right ones?

(Jan. 20, 2011  5:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You should try contacting OkinawamTS. He seems reliable, and his price for BB-10 Attack Type Beystadium is quite close to the retail price, so you just need to see what the shipping costs would be.

I just purchased 2 BB-10 from him. Great price. Thanks for the tip! Can't wait til they get here...
What would be considered an illegal modification to a launcher grip? The rule-book isn't clear on the matter.
what is the official age limit to participate?????
(Feb. 15, 2011  11:39 AM)BladeStorm Wrote: What would be considered an illegal modification to a launcher grip? The rule-book isn't clear on the matter.
Hm, are you asking about putting heavy things in the grip, or putting something that is not Grip Rubber around the grip ?

Trichr Wrote:what is the official age limit to participate?????
There is absolutely no age limit with the World Beyblade Organization.
cant we hold tournaments using Hasbro stadiums?? becoz getting TT one is quite tough..... I have a TT magnetic stadium of V force generation (confirmed its TT) .......... why cant we use stadiums of older generations? becoz before,there were a wide variety of Beys, Bey accessories etc. avialable. Dis was becoz Original, V-force, G-revo., HMS, were all considered under one common trade name Beyblade unlike today's metal fusion beyblade, thus it was easier to get TT stadiums and beys very easily due to the large amt. of variations...............
(Feb. 15, 2011  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2011  11:39 AM)BladeStorm Wrote: What would be considered an illegal modification to a launcher grip? The rule-book isn't clear on the matter.
Hm, are you asking about putting heavy things in the grip, or putting something that is not Grip Rubber around the grip ?

I would like to know any examples of illegal modification to the launcher grip.
(Feb. 15, 2011  3:09 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2011  1:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I would like to know any examples of illegal modification to the launcher grip.

The addition of anything that's not an official Takara Tomy / Hasbro Beyblade Accessory.
Adding weights to grip/ BeyLauncher R body parts for BeyLauncher L and vice versa are legal?
Seeing as the BB-101 instructions opts for the adding of Batteries in the handle areas, Batteries as weights are not official TT/Hasbro accessories and yet it takes up the whole instruction area.