[Richmond, VA, USA, 7/13/2013] Richmond Revival (Plastics & MFB)

(Mar. 03, 2012  1:09 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  1:07 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I mean, if it looks like there is gonna be rain or precipitating hamsters the day before, we can opt to postpone it before the tournament day.
Good point. But the Website i use to do my brackets wouldnt work if there isnt any Wifi. And if its raining hamsters Id totally go. I could use my super secret Hamster Bitbeast.
I think we all could, haha. But, i think we should go with Dark Mousy's plan and try to find a comic book store/ game store it would work out more because of:

1.More people will probably come if its at a well known hobby shop type of thing
2.What ever type of weather it is, its better to be safe than sorry by having it indoors.....even if it is raining awesome hamster bit beastCrying

Its up in the air right now. Just gotta see what i can do and what Angry can do.
I could go for a hobby shop/comic store, but the thing is, we would have to impose a store fee, and nobody likes those. Unhappy
(Mar. 03, 2012  1:32 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I could go for a hobby shop/comic store, but the thing is we would have to impose a store fee, and nobody likes those. Unhappy

There might be a store fee. But it exposes us to be bigger market. And the store might would advertise for us. My tournaments have a store fee and we have pretty good turnouts.
You've never hosted a VA tournament, ha ha. Our past tournaments have been rather unpredictable, so just because you're hosting it now doesn't necessarily mean it'll be huge hit. xD

I suspect the more frequently we hold tournaments, the bigger they'll get as we go along, so who knows how this one will play out seeing as we already have 10 confirmed attendees?
(Mar. 03, 2012  2:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: You've never hosted a VA tournament, ha ha. Our past tournaments have been rather unpredictable, so just because you're hosting it now doesn't necessarily mean it'll be huge hit. xD

I suspect the more frequently we hold tournaments, the bigger they'll get as we go along, so who knows how this one will play out seeing as we already have 10 confirmed attendees?

Ill be bringing people with me. I dont like to drive alone that far. So might as well bring some extra competitors. HAH HAH HAH Eee
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:13 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  2:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: You've never hosted a VA tournament, ha ha. Our past tournaments have been rather unpredictable, so just because you're hosting it now doesn't necessarily mean it'll be huge hit. xD

Ill be bringing people with me. I dont like to drive alone that far. So might as well bring some extra competitors. HAH HAH HAH Eee
Kool, ive also got other people tagging along as well so maybe will get a decent tournament running.
I wont be able to come to VA regularly for tournaments. But this time im making an exception.
Obviously so, and I'm sure everyone else who's coming to this tournament is just as grateful as I am for your coming to help and/or run this event.
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:33 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Obviously so, and I'm sure everyone else who's coming to this tournament is just as grateful as I am for your coming to help and/or run this event.

Im looking forward to it. Great practice before Anime North. Just let me know if you want me to officially run it.
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:33 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Obviously so, and I'm sure everyone else who's coming to this tournament is just as grateful as I am for your coming to help and/or run this event.

Im looking forward to it. Great practice before Anime North. Just let me know if you want me to officially run it.
Where is Anime North and whats the official date? Is it in Canada or somethin :\( please dont let it be in canada, then i wont be able to go for sure Tired )
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Just let me know if you want me to officially run it.

I wouldn't ask it of you unless you want to take on the burden, but since you're coming anyways, would you mind judging and bringing a couple of stadiums? I'm afraid my two may not be sufficient to run the event quickly or efficiently enough as I'd like. I also lacked enough experienced staff to help run the Face Race 2 as quickly as I would've liked, so since then, I've been trying to learn from other's and my mistakes and flaws of past tournaments to make future events better, like any good tournament organizer would. Wink

(Mar. 03, 2012  4:32 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: ... Great practice before Anime North...
Where is Anime North and whats the official date? Is it in Canada or somethin :\( please dont let it be in canada, then i wont be able to go for sure Tired )

Yuppers, 'tis in Canadia.
(Mar. 03, 2012  4:37 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Just let me know if you want me to officially run it.

I wouldn't ask it of you unless you want to take on the burden, but since you're coming anyways, would you mind judging and bringing a couple of stadiums? I'm afraid my two may not be sufficient to run the event quickly or efficiently enough as I'd like. I also lacked enough experienced staff to help run the Face Race 2 as quickly as I would've liked, so since then, I've been trying to learn from other's and my mistakes and flaws of past tournaments to make future events better, like any good tournament organizer would. Wink

(Mar. 03, 2012  4:32 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:40 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: ... Great practice before Anime North...

Yuppers, 'tis in Canadia.
F#$% Man!!!!!Angry Why the hell does everything have to be in canada!?!?!Argh!Argh!Argh!
Because Canada's just that mo' swag than us.

Dark: would you mind if Poison or I helped you in finding a new indoor venue? Like Google searching or something?
(Mar. 03, 2012  2:37 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Because Canada's just that mo' swag than us.

Dark: would you mind if Poison or I helped you in finding a new indoor venue? Like Google searching or something?

Of course. The more help the better. I'll be calling some places later today I'm Vendig at a tournament today
Hey Guys this is Pruebame, Bazooka's dad. I'd like to make a couple of points if I could.

First and formost, much thanks go out to Poison, Dark, and others who are making this tourney happen. I know how much of a pain the butt it is to drive so far and it's admirable that you do it. Thanks! Smile

Second - It sounds like there are a small amount of people that would come to Richmond area tourneys if they were ongoing. Think about the tourneys you hold in NC Dark. They're so popular because you have the ability to hold many of them and through friends and gamers like yourself, you've been able to keep the community connected. Kudo's to that you've done an exceptional job!

Third - As a father of a son that loves this game, I have made the commitment to him to try and make more tourneys available. I have and am still offering my services to help hold these tourneys and do all the leg work etc. so that they can continue. I would just like some minor help with making it happen. With an ally such as Poison that wants to make it work but may not be able to handle the logistics, I think the two of us could make it work. With all the driving from North Carolina, it isn't reasonable to ask Dark or others to make that trek on a regular basis. It gets expensive and the NC tourney scene I'm sure takes time to keep it going. I would like the ability to PM you guys for advice when needed.

Last- I would have the ability to cover most of Central Virginia for tourneys and that may bring more into the VA community as well. This may or may not have been tried in the past but I would be willing to give it another solid attempt for the next year or more. I guess what I am asking and offering here is this. If it is ok with everyone, take this time to help "train" both myself and Poison on holding the tourniment. That is if it's ok with Poison. Let me stay "in the pocket" as you would with Dark so that I cover all basis. For whatever it's worth, I've run other types of tourniments where 40 plus people attended.

OKOK Finally - I will be having 1 extra Flash Sagitarrio left over unless someone here wants it. I would be willing to "sell" it to the tourniment for a grand prise if needed.
Thanks for hearing me out and let me know how you want to proceed. My services are available should you want them.

YIS,

Prue
Put me as confirmed. Dark, I'm willing to shell out the gas prices with you.
@PRUE: At this event ill show you how to run it. Im bringing Hitsugiya to help judge. I could make it every other month or so for a tournament to VA. Just depending on where it is.

@hitsugya: We will work out a price.
(Mar. 03, 2012  3:35 PM)Bazooka Wrote: Hey Guys this is Pruebame, Bazooka's dad. I'd like to make a couple of points if I could.

First and formost, much thanks go out to Poison, Dark, and others who are making this tourney happen. I know how much of a pain the butt it is to drive so far and it's admirable that you do it. Thanks! Smile

Last- I would have the ability to cover most of Central Virginia for tourneys and that may bring more into the VA community as well. This may or may not have been tried in the past but I would be willing to give it another solid attempt for the next year or more. I guess what I am asking and offering here is this. If it is ok with everyone, take this time to help "train" both myself and Poison on holding the tourniment. That is if it's ok with Poison. Let me stay "in the pocket" as you would with Dark so that I cover all basis. For whatever it's worth, I've run other types of tourniments where 40 plus people attended.

OKOK Finally - I will be having 1 extra Flash Sagitarrio left over unless someone here wants it. I would be willing to "sell" it to the tourniment for a grand prise if needed.
Thanks for hearing me out and let me know how you want to proceed. My services are available should you want them.

YIS,

Prue
Yeah, thanks for the help. I will also watch very closely at this tournament to know what to do and what not to do. If i get pretty comfortable with hosting my own tournament one day, then ill be there for sure!Wink Also not to be rude but,.............IVE ASKED ABOUT 2/3 TIMES FOR THE FLASH SAGGITARIO AND I HAVENT GOTTEN A REPLY.:\
(Mar. 03, 2012  8:37 PM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: Yeah, thanks for the help. I will also watch very closely at this tournament to know what to do and what not to do. If i get pretty comfortable with hosting my own tournament one day, then ill be there for sure!Wink Also not to be rude but,.............IVE ASKED ABOUT 2/3 TIMES FOR THE FLASH SAGGITARIO AND I HAVENT GOTTEN A REPLY.:\
Instead of quoting the whole thing erase all of the unnecessary parts and only quote the selection of which you are responding to. I am really looking forward to meet some of VA's bladers.
Hey Poison, Check your PM's from 2/29. I do have a Flash for you. The one up for the tourney is a second one I got.
Smile
-Prue-
(Mar. 04, 2012  4:52 AM)Bazooka Wrote: Hey Poison, Check your PM's from 2/29. I do have a Flash for you. The one up for the tourney is a second one I got.
Smile
-Prue-
Tired wow........ im an idiot, Lol. Thanks!!!Smile

No worries. Its all good
Dark and all.
I contacted a gameing shop in Richmond that would allow us to host the tourney free of charge. They would also put us on their facebook page and hold the spot monthly if needed. The name of the place is:
One Eyed Jacques at 3104 West Broad Street Richmond. I spoke with Rob there and he was very receptive. Should I book this place?
(Mar. 04, 2012  10:55 PM)Bazooka Wrote: Dark and all.
I contacted a gameing shop in Richmond that would allow us to host the tourney free of charge. They would also put us on their facebook page and hold the spot monthly if needed. The name of the place is:
One Eyed Jacques at 3104 West Broad Street Richmond. I spoke with Rob there and he was very receptive. Should I book this place?

Yes go ahead and book it. Find out if they have wifi also. Who is gonna "officially" host this?