[Results are up!] Sig Background Graphic BATTLE!

Alright, so this is a graphic battle based on sig backgrounds. The challenge and competitors!:
(Jun. 26, 2011  4:01 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Challenge time!
To: Anyone that wishes to battle! (Maximum 12 though)
Size: 500x150
Theme: Sig Background (Explained later)
Due date: June 30th
Voting ends: July 5th
Animations: No
Voting: Triple votes w/ reasons.

By background, I mean no text, no additional images, just a background you made yourself. No theme is necessary, and it must be original. Good luck!

The challengers are!:
Ga!
NoodooSoup!
DeX!
Xlr8!
Xyo!
Greimatter!
SDamonCronous!
and Coasters "R" Us!

The due date is June 30th, and the sigs will be sent to BBS! Voting ends 5 days after the deadline!

The Entries (Click to View)
So, let's get this battle ON!
I got DX and SDamonCronous's. Oh ya, he told me to enter him last night, i think. So put him on the list.
I'll try my luck.
I sent mine Grin I think it'll be a little too obvious that I made it... Ahh, well.
I know what you mean, now I need Ga and Grei's.
I was hoping this would also be a "no-brushes" contest.
I sent mine in... I'm not sure what background meant exactly (The description of it wasn't crystal clear, but it was more like a scratched up BB10, if you catch my drift [at least to me]), but I took a whack at it and I don't think it'll be obvious which is mine. Good luck everyone!
Brushes are easy to use with Photoshop making even the worst designers look good. The entries I got so far don't seem to use brushes with Photoshop, though.
(Jun. 27, 2011  4:31 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Brushes are easy to use with Photoshop making even the worst designers look good. The entries I got so far don't seem to use brushes with Photoshop, though.

However, I think there are three categories : people who have no idea how to use brushes; people who use brushes; people who know how to use brushes but insist on not using any.
Ha, I would be the 3rd, since I have used them on photoshop at school. However, without access at home, I guess I would be in between 1st and 3rd. To me though, brushes show lack of skill and creativity.
I feel more number 3. I never really use brushes (anymore Tongue_out used them a long time ago) but I know what they are. They do show lack of skill and creativity, so I agree with you there, Ga.
i also want to participate can i. if so , i m in
Just so I know, is this going to be a hidden vote? So will we know who made each sig?
Im in
EDIT: i think its full is it?(the challengers)
(Jun. 27, 2011  5:12 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: To me though, brushes show lack of skill and creativity.

I bid to differ. It all depends on how an individual approaches their work and uses the brushes. Brushes can in fact help you progress as a graphics artist. They certainly have helped my ability of using Photoshop progress. I've used brushes for quite awhile now, and to be honest when I use them the majority of the time I don't use them for there intended purpose. I try to create something original and creative.

However to be fair, they can be a bit of a lazy way of creating graphics. It all depends on the person and the brushes which are used. Though to go as far as claiming that an individual who uses brushes demonstrates a lack of skill or creativity is a bit much.
I see your point. I was referring to the majority of people that use brushes, who use it just to be lazy. That shows a lack of skill and creativity to me.

Xyo, you're a bit late actually. Either way, I was thinking about making this a mad 12 battle with voting for the best 3. Sounds good or too much?
add Xyo so we can have 8 players Smile
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:34 PM)DX Wrote: add Xyo so we can have 8 players Smile

dude i requested first not xyo and if it will be a 12 people battle we then we have 9 members and i have send my entry also
Ok thanks but how do i download brushes i know how to use but i dont know how to put in the brush menu
EDIT: Sorry xlr8 you take ny place but anyone answer my question?
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:39 PM)Xyo Wrote: Ok thanks but how do i download brushes i know how to use but i dont know how to put in the brush menu

dude i entered 8th just watch that my post is above ur post ok
I recommend you don't use brushes unless you know how to use them to enhance your graphics, not define them.

Alright. I'm setting the limit to 12 and making the votes for best 3.
i know xlr8 Joyful_3 and Ga i know how to use them Grin please tell me how to download(i learned from brother Grin in law)
i know xlr8 Joyful_3 and Ga i know how to use them Grin please tell me how to download(i learned from brother Grin in law)
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:39 PM)Xyo Wrote: Ok thanks but how do i download brushes i know how to use but i dont know how to put in the brush menu

WHOOPS. sorry, xlr8

anyways, I think there are some tutorials and some packages with the right PSCS or gimp(whatsoever) in google