[Results are up!] Sig Background Graphic BATTLE!

Try this then: http://www.brusheezy.com/
BTW, you should really not use IE for the WBO....
Alright, so I just sent in my entry to BeybladeStation. Who else is left?

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:13 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I bid to differ. It all depends on how an individual approaches their work and uses the brushes. Brushes can in fact help you progress as a graphics artist. They certainly have helped my ability of using Photoshop progress. I've used brushes for quite awhile now, and to be honest when I use them the majority of the time I don't use them for there intended purpose. I try to create something original and creative.

However to be fair, they can be a bit of a lazy way of creating graphics. It all depends on the person and the brushes which are used. Though to go as far as claiming that an individual who uses brushes demonstrates a lack of skill or creativity is a bit much.

What if someone can make something very similar without brushes, than what someone does easily with brushes ...
That, is quite true. Sometimes, many graphic artists can be unappreciated for mistaken thoughts.

Ga', I need Xyo's, Grei's, and Izuma Izori's entry.
(Jun. 27, 2011  4:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I was hoping this would also be a "no-brushes" contest.

I didn't use brushes Smile

It's not like my program allows me to...
Actually, you can install brushes on Paint.NET.
(Jun. 27, 2011  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:13 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I bid to differ. It all depends on how an individual approaches their work and uses the brushes. Brushes can in fact help you progress as a graphics artist. They certainly have helped my ability of using Photoshop progress. I've used brushes for quite awhile now, and to be honest when I use them the majority of the time I don't use them for there intended purpose. I try to create something original and creative.

However to be fair, they can be a bit of a lazy way of creating graphics. It all depends on the person and the brushes which are used. Though to go as far as claiming that an individual who uses brushes demonstrates a lack of skill or creativity is a bit much.

What if someone can make something very similar without brushes, than what someone does easily with brushes ...

It depends on the graphic piece which they’re trying to replicate. Replicating some graphics pieces is much easier than others without the use of brushes, while some are practically impossible to reproduce using only filters.

Since were on the subject of things being made easier on Photoshop. I always viewed the use of a render for a background as being an ‘easy way out’. Example, you’re battling in an aquatic theme battle and you would like to incorporate a wave into the graphic, it’s much easier to use an image of a real wave and slightly manipulate it then trying to create an illusion of a wave yourself using only brushes of filters.
I sent mine in, thanks for the reminder Ga'. Grin

Oh, just a thought, since it could be pretty easy to plagarize/cheat in this challenge, I think it'd be a good idea for each entrant to provide some form of proof that their work is theirs (Showing PSD/work files, etc.).
(Jun. 28, 2011  8:34 AM)Greimatter Wrote: I sent mine in, thanks for the reminder Ga'. Grin

Oh, just a thought, since it could be pretty easy to plagarize/cheat in this challenge, I think it'd be a good idea for each entrant to provide some form of proof that their work is theirs (Showing PSD/work files, etc.).

well i think like me most of the others have created the background and deleted the materials used as they r no longer remains of any use .I think this is not a good idea :\
Could i send mine in in my time zone i dont know the time in america and canada
I could give a screenshot of my layers, if you want.
(Jun. 28, 2011  8:34 AM)Greimatter Wrote: I sent mine in, thanks for the reminder Ga'. Grin

Good point, so we should send in our layers to BBS then?
SDamonCronous sent me 18 Shots, and his is legit.

Ok SEND IN ONE SCREENSHOT for those who can.
Alright, 2 days left until the deadline! Let's go people!
gosh I cant.... I only use 1 layer in mine. so should i send that layer or should i make another 1?
Really looking forward to seeing the other entries, I am eager to see just how good I am compared to some of the other prestigious sig makers in this comp. I doubt I will win but oh well, you have to be in it to win it Smile
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:35 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing the other entries, I am eager to see just how good I am compared to some of the other prestigious sig makers in this comp. I doubt I will win but oh well, you have to be in it to win it Smile

i am too waiting for the results that who's is the best and who will win well i doubt i could win also i think this is one of the best graphic battle title and my first one too Wink
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:41 PM)Xlr8 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:35 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing the other entries, I am eager to see just how good I am compared to some of the other prestigious sig makers in this comp. I doubt I will win but oh well, you have to be in it to win it Smile

i am too waiting for the results that who's is the best and who will win well i doubt i could win also i think this is one of the best graphic battle title and my first one too Wink

IMO this battle shows true graphics skills because there is no text or additional images. Jut a simple handmade background.
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:49 PM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2011  12:41 PM)Xlr8 Wrote:

IMO this battle shows true graphics skills because there is no text or additional images. Jut a simple handmade background.
Very true, so hurry up guys! Get your entries in so we can end this thing! Grin
I believe only Izuma Inzori is left now. Xyo was saying something about wanting to send it in his time zone...? I guess that's all though.
Eh, it shows skill. But I didn't enter because my first editor went kabunk when you challenged. So I got PS and I could've entered. Soon, I will rematch you all, and do "Sig Background Graphic BATTLE 2!"

I have a good idea who is winning this one, though.

Also, Ga, you should open up Voting for 3. Seriously there's like 10 People. It's no fair if you don't.
^I did that already. But who hasn't finished? I need to send reminders.
Oh, and who's the tenth person? Is it that mystery member that you never identified? It's about time you said who it was.
I meant 10 people as a lot of people. Theres 9, Izuma, hurry up!

Please remind him.